Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back after 14 years !!!!

Moving back after 14 years !!!!

Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:20 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back after 14 years !!!!

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
You think I am getting excited BEE..lol..you're right behind me girl..
49 sleeps and one wake up for me, but who's counting??
Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:21 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sentosa
Feeling hopefull that the house will sell this time. A couple came yesterday and loved it then they came back last night so hope that is a good sign.
We thought it was sold at Christmas, but we decided not to accept the offer. This time I think they will offer a decent price. We are selling at a low price so we can get back home but I ain't giving it away.
Oh best of luck with the sale of your house, fingers crossed this is it!!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
49 sleeps and one wake up for me, but who's counting??
I am Bee..you are right behind me..
Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:24 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by islandergirl
I moved back to the UK after 12 years in Australia, I really like being back (though there are a few things that drive me mental) but mostly it's been a really positive experience.

Yes some things had changed, but it's still home, so hopefully you and your family will really enjoy the experience of coming back. There's nothing like being able to say to your family "I'll pop up this weekend and see you then" and just being able to jump in the car and go visit people without planning months in advance! (snow permitting at the moment mind you) and no traumatic airport farewell at the end of the trip to dread, you'll see them again in a few weeks or days even!

And as much as I LOVED the south coast of NSW the more diverse experience of being able to do European city breaks is fab too.
How long have you been back and how far south where you? My daughter lives in Wollongong and my son was living in Bega up until October.

Can't wait for a European break, my sister has already asked me if I want to go to Italy with her in late summer.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 3:39 am
Just Joined

Bootleg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info on villages MNandMn. I will look them up on the map. Its so hard to work out how far things are from each other especially on country roads. I think my daughter maybe going to school in Uttoxeter and my son Repton so will have to work out a school run. Country pubs sound good to me and good dog walks. Thanks again
Old Jan 8th 2011, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
18 sleeps and a wake up......going home after 34 yrs in the US...
Awww im going on 29th....Good luck with everything! I have been in NZ for 35yrs and am really going on a bit of a reccie to see if i want to stay there or come back here....
Old Jan 8th 2011, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cally49
Awww im going on 29th....Good luck with everything! I have been in NZ for 35yrs and am really going on a bit of a reccie to see if i want to stay there or come back here....
Thank you, and I hope whatever you decide to do makes you happy..good luck.
Jackie
Old Jan 8th 2011, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cally49
Cally, do you mind if I ask why you're thinking of moving from NZ after 35 years. The reason I ask is because NZ is a place we had thought of moving to.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 11:34 pm
2aT
Forum Regular

2aT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bootleg
Thanks for the info on villages MNandMn. I will look them up on the map. Its so hard to work out how far things are from each other especially on country roads. I think my daughter maybe going to school in Uttoxeter and my son Repton so will have to work out a school run. Country pubs sound good to me and good dog walks. Thanks again
Uttoxeter!!! That's my hometown, well went to school there, born 4 miles away. You are so central for everything pretty well. Borders with Derbyshire. Close to the potteries and Burton-on-Trent, Derbyshire is a great county so much to see and do. I still correspond with a g/friend who has 4 generations of family went to the same school in Uttoxeter...actually the same my mum and myself and sibs attended. Locals refer to it as 'Utcheter' (Utch-eater)
Old Jan 9th 2011, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Bootleg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks 2AT thats good to know. I will start investigating the area. I can't wait to get there and have time to go exploring. Although I would love to live in a rural area its not practical with teenagers or I will just be a taxi service.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandergirl
I moved back to the UK after 12 years in Australia, I really like being back (though there are a few things that drive me mental) but mostly it's been a really positive experience.

Yes some things had changed, but it's still home, so hopefully you and your family will really enjoy the experience of coming back. There's nothing like being able to say to your family "I'll pop up this weekend and see you then" and just being able to jump in the car and go visit people without planning months in advance! (snow permitting at the moment mind you) and no traumatic airport farewell at the end of the trip to dread, you'll see them again in a few weeks or days even!

And as much as I LOVED the south coast of NSW the more diverse experience of being able to do European city breaks is fab too.
Glad to hear things are still going well for you IG. I know what you mean about the diversity of Europe - it is something I miss a lot.
I guess it doesn't matter where you live - there will always be irritations about a place that you just have to learn to live with
Old Jan 9th 2011, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I moved back after 21yrs and was shocked to the amount of change, Deirdre Barlow has changed her glasses and Emmerdale Farm is now just called Emmerdale.

Glad to hear that Deirdre has changed her damn glasses - about time too. It has been consigned to the history books along with the frizzy eighties perm.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 9:55 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of places to choose from around Derby/Nottingham/Leicester. One thing may be worth considering - the cost of fuel and public transport is now very expensive in the UK and likely to keep increasing. Therefore it may be prudent to live as close as possible to your workplace. Good luck!
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

Hi
We live in Hilton which is half way between East Midlands Airport and Uttoxeter, and about 4 miles from Repton. (I also went to school in Uttoxeter). We leave for Canada in June so maybe you could buy our house
Good luck with your move, it's a really nice area, close to so many places!
Old Jan 9th 2011, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2aT
Uttoxeter!!! That's my hometown... so central for everything pretty well. Borders with Derbyshire. Close to the potteries and Burton-on-Trent
Saturday mornings early on UK Ch4 TV - "The Morning Line" - reports of day's racing from Uttoxeter being shown on TV later in the day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.