Missed me?!!

Old Mar 9th 2007, 2:56 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missed me?!!

I'm originally from Fairfield, Liverpool......spent some time in Chester, and then went to New Brighton for a few years.

I used to love walking my dogs at New Brighton. And the Christmas Panto at the Floral Pavillion every year.....sigh.
We lived in Hoylake for 18 years and it will always be home.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 3:23 pm
redneck scouser

andie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond repute

Wow all these scousers/plazzy scousers on ere eh!!

I've been coming here on long holidays for the past 4 years now, and the last visit I left a lot of my stuff here, so I was pretty much settled in straight away this time, plus I had my doggie with me.

I am having a bit of nightmare at the moment with my bank, which is really p***ing me off. I sold my house back in England and Abbey have my money and they won't give it to me!!!!!!! I've been calling them since 6am this morning, 3 hours later I'm still no better off, so I'm just about to call them again to see if I can speak to a Manager. The problem is that everytime I get through, they put me through to a call centre in India were no-one can understand what I'm saying, and I can't understand what they're saying either.....it's so frustrating! But apparently British people don't deal with money transfers And when the Indians don't know what else to do they just cut me off, so I'm not a happy bunny this morning.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by andie&jase

I am having a bit of nightmare at the moment with my bank, which is really p***ing me off. I sold my house back in England and Abbey have my money and they won't give it to me!!!!!!! I've been calling them since 6am this morning, 3 hours later I'm still no better off, so I'm just about to call them again to see if I can speak to a Manager. The problem is that everytime I get through, they put me through to a call centre in India were no-one can understand what I'm saying, and I can't understand what they're saying either.....it's so frustrating! But apparently British people don't deal with money transfers And when the Indians don't know what else to do they just cut me off, so I'm not a happy bunny this morning.

All bloody call centres these days seem to be in India, and yes I agree with you.....we dont understand them and they dont understand us!.

I used to have a bank account with the Abbey years ago and closed it cos they were messing me around. I hope you get it sorted soon tho
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:20 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss scouse atl
All bloody call centres these days seem to be in India, and yes I agree with you.....we dont understand them and they dont understand us!.

I used to have a bank account with the Abbey years ago and closed it cos they were messing me around. I hope you get it sorted soon tho
To be fair the scouse accent probably doesn't help Out of curiosity, how do the locals in ATL find your accent? I have problems here in Memphis with my slow Norfolk which to the locals sounds fast. I have even had to revert to playing them a Stevie G interview to show them that I really don't talk that fast.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dan_alford
To be fair the scouse accent probably doesn't help Out of curiosity, how do the locals in ATL find your accent? I have problems here in Memphis with my slow Norfolk which to the locals sounds fast. I have even had to revert to playing them a Stevie G interview to show them that I really don't talk that fast.
i'm a scouser not that the locals can detect....they're never sure if i'm from south africa or aussie never mind liverpool, anyway someone always comments how posh i sound
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Oh Ive been asked if Im South African, Irish and the best so far......RUSSIAN!!. The Russian comment was in a BP garage and was an Indian guy who asked me

I find that I have to talk slow, which kills me cos being a scouser we normally talk really fast and shorten every word we can, including how much slang we use. To be honest tho, I feel a bit paranoid at times when I talk cos half the people can never understand me. So if we go out to eat somewhere I tend to get my husband to order for me just so I can avoid the whole 'oh you have an accent, where are you from' convo.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Missed me?!!

Originally Posted by andie&jase

I've been coming here on long holidays for the past 4 years now, and the last visit I left a lot of my stuff here, so I was pretty much settled in straight away this time, plus I had my doggie with me.

Are you calling the branch, where your account is at, or a 1-800 GET FOBBED OFF Number???????

Jim.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:49 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

So if we go out to eat somewhere I tend to get my husband to order for me just so I can avoid the whole 'oh you have an accent, where are you from' convo.
And then you get the whole "Oh wow I have been there" or "I plan on going there" routine to try and get a bigger tip
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

And then you get the whole "Oh wow I have been there" or "I plan on going there" routine to try and get a bigger tip
along with that, I always get.........Oh Ive been to London, or I have a mate of a mate whose cosuin went to LONDON!. Do Americans think that England and London are the same thing or something? lol.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:57 pm
Slight chance of Showers

along with that, I always get.........Oh Ive been to London, or I have a mate of a mate whose cosuin went to LONDON!. Do Americans think that England and London are the same thing or something? lol.
I think that some Americans think that London covers 98% of England and thats why they have been there. Most of the waiters just say it to try and get a bigger tip. My two favourite local waiters are non-us. One is Brazillian, the other is a Frog.

It's just as bad the other way around though. Have had Brits tell my wife ( who is from Memphis) that they have been to NYC or LA.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:57 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

No, England is IN London.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jumping doris
HAHA! .....of course it is, silly me!
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:02 pm
Slight chance of Showers

Along with Scotland and the EU. It's mighty crowded
Old Mar 9th 2007, 8:25 pm
Who?

Along with Scotland and the EU. It's mighty crowded
But we all know everyone.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 8:32 pm
Slight chance of Showers

But we all know everyone.
And we even met the waiter's siter's best friend's cousin's husband when they came to visit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.