Missed me?!!

Old Mar 8th 2007, 4:14 pm
redneck scouser

andie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond repute
Default Missed me?!!

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that I landed on planet Phoenix on Thursday 1st March 2007.......I'm officially a British Expat and US resident yay!

I've already got my bank account sorted out, a new cell phone, lots of new shoes and clothes, a new pc, desk and chair and other really nice housey things.....I love this place already!!

My doggie is here with me too, and she's loving it. All the new smells and doggie friends, her new bed and toys.

My husband, of course, is the best thing about being here. He's be great, really making sure I have everything I need and he comes home every lunch time to break the day up for me until I learn to drive and can get out and do things for myself. He's such a sweetie.

That's the next step, learning to drive!! I'm kind of excited, but really nervous too. Being a woman in my early 30s, I think I have left it a little late to be learning how to drive. I never needed to back in England, I had buses and family and cheap-ish taxis to take me everywhere I needed. But here it's sooo different, it's a 40 minute walk just to get to the nearest store!

So hope everyone has been doing well in my absence? I've got a lot of reading to catch up on!!

Andie
Old Mar 8th 2007, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missed me?!!

Welcome to expat life Andie, glad to hear you're settling in and you husband sounds like a real sweetheart, bless him.

The driving will be fine, just get plenty of lessons.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Seahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the USA. Being in Arizona, you probably have
plenty of wide open spaces to practice your driving skills.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 4:29 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back to BE. I moved here from Liverpool, well the Wirral but near enough. I think driving here is much easier.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 4:39 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear you are settling in.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the US!
Sounds like life is pretty great. Good luck with the driving, I'm sure you'll pick it up faster than you think!
It's all automatics over here anyway so just look at it like driving a dodgem at the fair ground!
Old Mar 8th 2007, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the U.S. of A.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 7:55 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry about the driving because:
  • The test is usually driving around the block
  • From most BE members experience, most Americans don't know how to drive anyhow

Glad you made it here ok and glad your dog is doing well too. Travelling with animals and praying they make it ok is one of the hardest parts of emigrating.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Welcome
Old Mar 9th 2007, 1:16 am
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jumping doris
Welcome back to BE. I moved here from Liverpool, well the Wirral but near enough. I think driving here is much easier.
Welcome to BE - you'll find driving isn't taken as seriously over here as it's done in the UK. Which is good and bad !

My advice is, you can take your test in a automatic and have a licence for manual which is a big difference to UK. One of the hardest parts of learning to drive is the clutch control which you don't need in an automatic and once you get some driving experience it's something you'll pick up a lot easier, if you ever need to !

I took my test again in Texas last week, after not doing a test for 14 years, and picking up what would be called in UK some major bad habits, and it was no problem at all.

Easy
Rich./
P.S. Red or Blue ?
Old Mar 9th 2007, 3:02 am
redneck scouser

andie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely RED, are you from those parts too??

Originally Posted by Richardowen
Welcome to BE - you'll find driving isn't taken as seriously over here as it's done in the UK. Which is good and bad !

My advice is, you can take your test in a automatic and have a licence for manual which is a big difference to UK. One of the hardest parts of learning to drive is the clutch control which you don't need in an automatic and once you get some driving experience it's something you'll pick up a lot easier, if you ever need to !

I took my test again in Texas last week, after not doing a test for 14 years, and picking up what would be called in UK some major bad habits, and it was no problem at all.

Easy
Rich./
P.S. Red or Blue ?
Old Mar 9th 2007, 3:16 am
redneck scouser

Thanks for all your welcomes and karma everyone. I'm just about to go and digest the huge American dinner I've just devoured and watch Borat.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

linda and nick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andie&jase
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that I landed on planet Phoenix on Thursday 1st March 2007.......I'm officially a British Expat and US resident yay!

I've already got my bank account sorted out, a new cell phone, lots of new shoes and clothes, a new pc, desk and chair and other really nice housey things.....I love this place already!!

My doggie is here with me too, and she's loving it. All the new smells and doggie friends, her new bed and toys.

My husband, of course, is the best thing about being here. He's be great, really making sure I have everything I need and he comes home every lunch time to break the day up for me until I learn to drive and can get out and do things for myself. He's such a sweetie.

That's the next step, learning to drive!! I'm kind of excited, but really nervous too. Being a woman in my early 30s, I think I have left it a little late to be learning how to drive. I never needed to back in England, I had buses and family and cheap-ish taxis to take me everywhere I needed. But here it's sooo different, it's a 40 minute walk just to get to the nearest store!

So hope everyone has been doing well in my absence? I've got a lot of reading to catch up on!!

Andie
Hi Andie, you very kindly answered a question for me the other day.
You sound really happy at the moment and very positive, giving me plenty of
encouragement for our re-settlement, hopefully not too long to wait now.
At the moment I'm visiting my Dad in Ellesmere Port. not far away from Liverpool. We are originally from Cheshire (Chester) but have been living in Kent for the past year.
Yesterday we took Dad to the foreshore at Crosby to see all of the iron statues - very impressive and we have just come back from a stroll in Delamere Forest. I do miss this area!
We plan to live in Florida. My son and his family are in Michigan but their winters are a bit too cold for me.
Anyway, the best of luck to you and keep us informed about your driving.
Linda
Old Mar 9th 2007, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Missed me?!!

Originally Posted by andie&jase
Hi everyone,

Andie

Welcome Andie!!!

I'm originally from Fairfield, Liverpool......spent some time in Chester, and then went to New Brighton for a few years.

Now, I'm in Iowa.

Look forward to a few chin-wags now and again.

Jim.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Aaawww Andie you brought your dog over, wish I had I miss mine terribly but left him back in Liverpool with my dad.

Glad you are settling in and enjoying it here. Ive not been over here too long myself and still getting used to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.