Mind going crazy!

Old May 17th 2013, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice
Default Mind going crazy!

Hi All

We are due to move home to the UK in Oct this year from NZ and the last week or so my mind has been going crazy!

One minute the move is what I want the next maybe we should stay here etc!

I take it this is just a natural part of this proces??
Old May 17th 2013, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mind going crazy!

Yup, perfectly normal. Without the crystal ball we're all taking punts in the dark about whether what we do next will be amazing or disastrous. You can only make a decision using the best information you have at the time and hope for the best! I've always been a bit of a spur of the moment kinda gal and don't do long agonizing waits very well and so far so good!

It does seem that once the decision to move on is made people go through a period of huge relief which then sort of enables them to enjoy their lives more and that in turn leads them to wonder if they should be leaving - you see it a lot on returnees boards.
Old May 17th 2013, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll

It does seem that once the decision to move on is made people go through a period of huge relief which then sort of enables them to enjoy their lives more and that in turn leads them to wonder if they should be leaving - you see it a lot on returnees boards.
This is so true!
Old May 17th 2013, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Barrybriggs is just really niceBarrybriggs is just really niceBarrybriggs is just really niceBarrybriggs is just really niceBarrybriggs is just really niceBarrybriggs is just really niceBarrybriggs is just really niceBarrybriggs is just really nice

Many are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, which drives everyone somewhat crazy. But once you are on the ship it should be plain sailing. Of course there may be a few choppy moments, but that's to be expected. Good luck. Stand tall, stay strong and be positive.
Old May 17th 2013, 2:58 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Dh is making me crazy with the moving preps.
It is the curse of the expats. Every time we sell something big he says "Are you sure about this?" Like I'm not having wobbly days too
I want the best of both worlds, and I know that won't happen.
Old May 18th 2013, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

We're imminently making the move away from the uk and the same thing is happening... I used to have major ups and downs ("it's great!" To "I'm terrified!") but now our belongings are currently shipping I seem to be in a permanent state of unease, hoping its all going to be ok. I think in either direction it gets to a point where you just have to be there and getting on with it... Limbo is hard!
Old May 18th 2013, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's just my fancy, but it seems that there is a higher percentage of people who go back to the UK from Australia/New Zealand who then ping pong right back to Australia/New Zealand than there are those who go to the UK from the USA and ping pong. I have yet to read about anyone who has gone home to the UK from the USA and has shortly thereafter left to go back to the USA.
Old May 18th 2013, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Maybe it's just my fancy, but it seems that there is a higher percentage of people who go back to the UK from Australia/New Zealand who then ping pong right back to Australia/New Zealand than there are those who go to the UK from the USA and ping pong. I have yet to read about anyone who has gone home to the UK from the USA and has shortly thereafter left to go back to the USA.
Well there was Jackie who went back to Las Vegas, but I don't know of anyone else. Of course there are many that don't check in anymore, so who knows.
Old May 18th 2013, 8:53 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously haven't seen see my timeline (Profile) - check 2000 ...
Old May 18th 2013, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

We pretty much did this in 2011. OH moved to Scotland in June 2011, I arrived early Oct. 2011, and then we moved back to the US in Dec. 2011. We are now hoping to be back in the UK before this Dec. so I can still use my current visa.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; May 18th 2013 at 10:54 pm.
Old May 18th 2013, 10:56 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
We pretty much did this in 2011. OH moved to Scotland in June 2011, I arrived early Oct. 2011, and then we moved back to the US in Dec. 2011. We are now hoping to be back in the UK before this Dec. so I can still use my current visa.
Are you coming back to Scotland agaiin ...???
Old May 19th 2013, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Are you coming back to Scotland agaiin ...???
Yeah, that's where we're aiming for. The Glasgow/Edinburgh/Central Belt area. My in-laws are in Hamilton, and we hope to use them as a starting base.

But the whole plan is in flux at the moment due to the fact that the hubby was laid off from his job here in Seattle about 3 1/2 weeks ago, significantly reducing income (obviously) and hindering our ability to save up for the move. So now we've come up with some potential different plans, but they all hinge on how quickly he can find a job here or back over there (and how much the remuneration is). It's all rather convoluted at the moment, and quite stressful.
Old May 19th 2013, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Beccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NZ4Now
Hi All

We are due to move home to the UK in Oct this year from NZ and the last week or so my mind has been going crazy!

One minute the move is what I want the next maybe we should stay here etc!

I take it this is just a natural part of this proces??
I know exactly what you're saying and think it's all perfectly normal. My best suggestion is (and all that even comes remotely close to working for me) when my mind starts to go bananas in that way I do something to stop it- I change activities, do some chores, go for a walk, do some research- it does not always work but usually I am able to get my mind on a different thought process. And after some time, sleep or calmness I realise that we've made the right decision. Tricky part is catching yourself before you let the thoughts take too much of a hold at any given time.

Try your best to allow your instincts to take over from your mind- our minds can be our own worst enemies.
Old May 19th 2013, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Well there was Jackie who went back to Las Vegas, but I don't know of anyone else. Of course there are many that don't check in anymore, so who knows.
Yes, I forgot about Jackie. Hope she is doing well.
Old May 19th 2013, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dunroving
You obviously haven't seen see my timeline (Profile) - check 2000 ...
Very true!!! I forgot about your discontent lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.