Milton keynes?

Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

mka2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Milton keynes?

aylesbury is erm well a bit of a dump.

i know it is further out but northampton is just off the M1 and only 1 junction further than MK, but i know you can buy 4 bed detachted house for about 200k.

but then you also have to consider the 4 years of motorway upgrades between J6 and J10 on the M1 curently with 3 years left.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mka2
aylesbury is erm well a bit of a dump.

i know it is further out but northampton is just off the M1 and only 1 junction further than MK, but i know you can buy 4 bed detachted house for about 200k.

but then you also have to consider the 4 years of motorway upgrades between J6 and J10 on the M1 curently with 3 years left.
My Uncle and aunt has just moved form aylesbury and they said it was a dump as well
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Hubby did the test drive this morning..he drove the MK and then drove back at 6.40..took him 1.20 hours because of the motorway works.
As far as we know it will finish in Dec. 08..will it not?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

mka2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Hubby did the test drive this morning..he drove the MK and then drove back at 6.40..took him 1.20 hours because of the motorway works.
As far as we know it will finish in Dec. 08..will it not?
i ma have the dates wrong but my friend who lives in mk and is up and down the M1 a lot for work said its one year into 4 years. i guess checking with the highways agency is the best thing to do.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Bookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of light

I lived in Milton Keynes which is in Buckinghamshire all my life before moving to Oz. Both my children went to school there, one at Denbigh and one at Shenley Brook End which both have good reputations. As a result, places are highly prized so you must live within the catchment area or you won't get in.
As with any large town it has it's good and bad areas. It has been built up around lots of older villages and hamlets and in my opinion these are the nicest places to live, Shenley Church End, Shenley Brook End, Willen, Tattenhoe, Simpson, Loughton as well as Stony Stratford, Newport Pagnell and parts of Old Bletchley are very pretty. Among areas to avoid would be Netherfield, Springfield, Fishermead, Beanhill, Coffee Hall, Stacey Bushes, Eaglestone, Lakes Estate (Bletchley), but a drive around would soon make it clear where not to go.
There is alot more to MK than the shopping centre - the theatre, Snozone with it's indoor real snow ski slopes, the busiest night club district outside London in the south east, lots of open spaces, lakes, bike tracks and woods.
If you want to live further out there are loads of villages and small towns but of course you will pay more for the privilage.
I know people knock MK but it ticks alot of boxes for many people.
Blimey I 've nearly sold it back to myself!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

My husband works in Northwood and we could easy move to Buckinghamshire, but we would have the same problem..no decent house under 400k..thats why we thought about MK..I'm sick to my teeth looking at overpriced shit holes..

Does anybody know any areas around Northwood, within a 45 min drive and affordable?
Personally wouldn't move to MK.

A friend of mine moved to Naphill in Bucks and got a lovely house for a good price. I think the Chiltern Train Line runs along that way too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naphill http://members.lycos.co.uk/Naphill/home.html

We lived in Rickmansworth which we liked very much before moving to Australia but it's probably just as pricey as Northwood.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt.2006
My son went to a school in Bedfordshire which was meant to be very good (Harlington) which has GCSE scores in the 70's. The best schools around were across the border in Hertfordshire, for example (St George's in Harpenden) and (Hitchin Girls' School). If you don't need to live in Milton Keynes what about living in Buckinghamshire as they still have the grammar system, and some of those schools are meant to be excellent.

Kathy
Glad to see that the head of St Georges is still selling the same story. It's a good school but no better than the other two in Harpenden. It still heads the GCSE results but not the A level results. As an ex born and bred resident of Harpenden it seriously hacks me off that out of county people take Harpenden school places and there is no room left for locals. Never mind. Not there anymore.

I hate MK and would never live there and the shopping centre was my personal hell but many love it so it's hard to call. It seems to be a place that is either loved or hated - no inbetween.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

I dont believe it...since Harpenden and St. Albans are far to expensive ...we found a very nice house in Milton keynes we would be happy to have...
Talked to the school..and they are full..so is every decent school around..phoned the council and they say that the school situation is very bad because they are not enough schools and so many people coming into the area..
Our daughter would have to go to the 19 % GCSE school or to a school miles away, both only if places free or possible not going to school for a wile until something comes up...yeah right..she just had her report and she has a excellent in every subject...

Thats it..I'm leaving this country behind...we all very much liked it here and we don't want to leave, but it is just impossible to stay, because if I see one more shitty ex counsel house for over 300k..I' m going mad and scream:curse:

My god..against this country, Germany is paradise well..in housing and schooling anyway, still england has the nicest countryside.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

jjanm is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Milton keynes?

I did the same thing,had a look liked what i saw, moved here,that was 5yrs ago since then i've become accustomed to life in Milton Keynes as long as you expect the odd murder,rape,stabbing,in your street,and don't mind living amongst junkies,thieves,liar's,alcoholic's and people with no moral's you'll still find plenty you wont like and wish you'd stayed in bed the day you had a look around and got it so wrong..Guess what once your here you can't get out.. PLEASE stay where you are [/FONT]
We are thinking of moving to Milton Keynes..does anybody live there or know anything about it?
We need the good and the ugly

We had a look and we liked what we saw, but what is it like to live there??
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjanm
I did the same thing,had a look liked what i saw, moved here,that was 5yrs ago since then i've become accustomed to life in Milton Keynes as long as you expect the odd murder,rape,stabbing,in your street,and don't mind living amongst junkies,thieves,liar's,alcoholic's and people with no moral's you'll still find plenty you wont like and wish you'd stayed in bed the day you had a look around and got it so wrong..Guess what once your here you can't get out.. PLEASE stay where you are [/FONT]
There must be bad and good areas as every were..or not??
We live in Northwood next to Harrow...same probleme with the stabing and the rest...
Thats we we will leave again..I had enough of this country..
In germany I get this for 300k

Why should I spend the same money for this http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetai...a_n=1&tr_t=buy

Do you see the madness of it..and the house in Germany is in Bonn..a city right next to Cologne and a very nice city by the river Rhine.
I think the brit. lost their marbles when it comes to house prices and how much they willing to pay for ..mmmhh how do I put it nicely...

Last edited by eurotramp; Apr 3rd 2007 at 3:48 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:11 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

I love germany. i was on stag at check point Charlie the night the wall came down it is a very nice country despite what many people think. Its rebuilding its self very well in my opinion. now for mk what a s°°t hole spend a week their and before you know it you will be racing people from one roundabout to another a new designer town and it has poorer adsl service than most welsh villages. i would stay in Germany
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

FionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
I love germany. i was on stag at check point Charlie the night the wall came down it is a very nice country despite what many people think. Its rebuilding its self very well in my opinion. now for mk what a s°°t hole spend a week their and before you know it you will be racing people from one roundabout to another a new designer town and it has poorer adsl service than most welsh villages. i would stay in Germany
i lived in mk for 28 years and yes it was a lovely place but now i wouldent even go there we moved out 4 years ago for the sake of our kids,everything is very expensive and crime is out of controll muggings,murders,non stop race attacks and constant rapes.As i said its gone really down the shitter and its such a shame there are nice areas but the crooks hit them as they have more to steal and destroy theres no escaping it.mk is the overflow of everywhere and it dosent work.last but not least mk is home to thousands of pedos and there not monitored well allways loosing them in city and on days out im sure this is a problem everywhere but mk has a real prob.sorry to those in mk but its an honest point.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

We like milton keynes because of all the parks and lakes and all the walking and biking paths. There seems to be a lot to do and the houses are cheap...compare to Northwood anyhow. We also like all the shopping, no parking problems and no traffic jams. Some very good schools around as well, had a quick look for schools
in Flitwick and there seems to be no good secondary around.
We just don't know what its like to live there..people seem to love or hate it
The only problem is hubby driving down to northwood..could be a loooong drive
I own in Ruislip and when I move back I will sell up and move further out or away completely. As much as I love london, career breaks etc etc, mean I no longer earn the money that warrants paying the house price and Ken tax.

Have you looked out along the A40/M40.

At one point I commuted out from here to the Wycombe area, had a b/f out there too. Whilst some bits are a bit icky, a lot of it is really quite nice. The home counties grammar shcool system works, and imho, it keeps neighbouring schools that little bit "better" as well.

For 300k you're going to get a much bigger 3-4 bed semi, or even detached place.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Bookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FionaG
i lived in mk for 28 years and yes it was a lovely place but now i wouldent even go there we moved out 4 years ago for the sake of our kids,everything is very expensive and crime is out of controll muggings,murders,non stop race attacks and constant rapes.As i said its gone really down the shitter and its such a shame there are nice areas but the crooks hit them as they have more to steal and destroy theres no escaping it.mk is the overflow of everywhere and it dosent work.last but not least mk is home to thousands of pedos and there not monitored well allways loosing them in city and on days out im sure this is a problem everywhere but mk has a real prob.sorry to those in mk but its an honest point.
I am sorry that you feel that way about MK now. We only left last summer and my view of it is nowhere near as extreme as yours. You must have had some bad personal experiences to feel this way. While I am under no illusions and I know it has it's problems, it also has alot to offer. In the street we lived in for 10 years, there was not one single break in. Maybe we were lucky?
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

FionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bookie
I am sorry that you feel that way about MK now. We only left last summer and my view of it is nowhere near as extreme as yours. You must have had some bad personal experiences to feel this way. While I am under no illusions and I know it has it's problems, it also has alot to offer. In the street we lived in for 10 years, there was not one single break in. Maybe we were lucky?
yea,it has only got really bad in last 2 i think and no i have no major personal probs there just know too meny people who have,my sister lives there still and her neighbour was stabbed to death 4 weeks ago at his own birthday partythere is a major problem wth the polish and samalian influx in the city,its a real shame but a true picture,and to top it off you now have to pay to park at willen lake lol never shocks me mk council are greedy and it has gone a bit far now lol well less moaning and for those in mk save your change for the council meteres.fiona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.