Maybe it's time to move back

Maybe it's time to move back

Old Jun 21st 2016, 3:46 am
Just Joined

Niia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Maybe it's time to move back

Originally Posted by BEVS

You know Fulwood. What's to lose.

One year in the UK will change you and alter your life . Not because it is the UK but because it's a shake up of a life you are not currently particularly enjoying so for you that will be a good thing. A change is as good as a rest after all.

I'm waiting to read you are packed

Old Jun 24th 2016, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I am in process of applying for UK passport. I've paid for it and just need to send it off. Should I still send it in? Not sure what will happen to passports now since Brexit results.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 5:10 pm
Just a Walk in the Park

SoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really nice

Originally Posted by fulwood
I am in process of applying for UK passport. I've paid for it and just need to send it off. Should I still send it in? Not sure what will happen to passports now since Brexit results.
Hi Fulwood, In the past few weeks many people online have asked about the passport issue. Mine expires in about six years.

I'd say don't hesitate to send away to get yours.

Brexit shouldn't make any valid passports invalid, that's what I've seen written in various places. Reality Check: 'Do I need a new passport?' and other Brexit questions - BBC News

Quote:

"Will I need a new passport?
You will have noticed that the top line on the front of the UK passport says "European Union".
Because the UK will remain a member of the EU for as long as it takes to negotiate the exit deal, such passports will be valid over that period - so there is no need to worry if you are travelling this summer, for example.
After the UK leaves, there will presumably be new British passports that will no longer say "European Union" on them.
While we can't say this for sure, it seems likely that the new design would just be phased in as existing passports expire."

Best of luck with your move. I don't post often, in fact have not for a few years. It's been a bad time and just now trying to get my head and everything else in gear for a move. It's hard and there are lots of anxieties and details involved, but moving seems better than staying for various reasons.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Why wouldn't you send it in? Nothing is going to happen one way or the other immediately as I understand it. If I were you I'd be at the post office today and getting the ball rolling. Just my humble opinion.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks SoThere.. I do hope you get to move back eventually. I just have no life in the US and it's been like that for years. I am going back to UK with eyes wide open but it will take time. I'm slowly taking steps to make the move. I wish you all the best. Thanks as well Downton Gabby. I will send it in..
Old Jun 25th 2016, 11:34 pm
Just a Walk in the Park

SoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really niceSoThere is just really nice

Thanks SoThere.. I do hope you get to move back eventually. I just have no life in the US and it's been like that for years. I am going back to UK with eyes wide open but it will take time. I'm slowly taking steps to make the move. I wish you all the best. Thanks as well Downton Gabby. I will send it in..
It's taking more gumption than I normally have to gather up me and my fractured pieces. I think it's now or never, but I've been wrong before, so ...

I'm looking for planting roots as moving again is exhausting. I have learned to not expect much, then I am easily pleased, to a point anyway.

Whatever time is left, I want to make the most of it. I hope you get to have sweet dreams night after night in England and wake up glad you made the move. All the best.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 11:39 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby
Why wouldn't you send it in? Nothing is going to happen one way or the other immediately as I understand it. If I were you I'd be at the post office today and getting the ball rolling. Just my humble opinion.

The UK government didn't cease to issue passports after the referendum. The UK is also, contrary to what appears to be popular belief, still a member of the EU and will be for a minimum of another 2 years.