Maintain a US mobile sim

Old Apr 21st 2016, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

trumee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maintain a US mobile sim

Hello

I have a T-mobile postpaid connection in US at present. I would like to keep this number just to keep in touch with Banks etc. I wont use it otherwise to make calls. I was thinking of porting my number to another provider. Is there any cheap provider where i dont have to topup every month?

Likewise i have been keeping my UK number with giffgaff and costs me £10 a year
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

kamrpatel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Maintain a US mobile sim

Try this - Cheap International Calls from the USA | Lycamobile

Are you returning back to UK ?
Old Apr 24th 2016, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maintain a US mobile sim

Unlike most other carriers, T-mobile prepaid does not require you to actually make or take any calls to keep the number active. If that is the issue. Both T-mobile US and T-mobile-UK. You do have to keep topping up the prepaid periodically though. You buy "x minutes or air time" plus "y-months of elapsed time" per purchase with T-mobile prepaid and you have to top up before either expires.
I don't know whether you can simply go from T-mobile postpaid to T-mobile -pre-paid and keep the number and have no interruption in service. It's worth asking them.
Giff-Gaff is good for annual visitors to the UK (or dual residents) who want to have a working mobile phone the second they step off the aeroplane.