Luton?

Old Aug 10th 2010, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Luton?

Politically the town of Luton is split into two Parliamentary constituencies - Luton North and Luton South, and in the recent General Election the Labour party held on to both seats, making Luton a tiny island of Labour red in a whole ocean of Conservative blue on the political map of Southern England outside of Greater London - the only other Labour held seat anywhere else in Southern England outside of London is Oxford East, a district of Oxford which, like Luton, is an area of high immigration and ethnic groups in the population. Both areas contain large numbers of social welfare dependent people who have never done a day's graft in their entire lives, but plans are now afoot to "deal with these people", as David Cameron says this very day. The days of "easy come social security and fraudulent claims" are, apparently, coming to an end.

The fact that these two Luton seats remained Labour after the election gives you a pretty good idea of the area generally, bearing in mind what I have said.

About 25% of the residents of Luton were born outside of the UK.

AAMOI - one of the candidates in Luton South in the General Election was the TV personality Esther Rantzen, and in spite of her high profile publicity in the campaign she received just 4.4% of the total vote and lost her £1000 deposit.

The constituencies all around Luton now have very large Conservative majorities following the Election, much like the rest of Southern England outside of London - and Oxford East.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
Politically the town of Luton is split into two Parliamentary constituencies - Luton North and Luton South, and in the recent General Election the Labour party held on to both seats, making Luton a tiny island of Labour red in a whole ocean of Conservative blue on the political map of Southern England outside of Greater London - the only other Labour held seat anywhere else in Southern England outside of London is Oxford East, a district of Oxford which, like Luton, is an area of high immigration and ethnic groups in the population. Both areas contain large numbers of social welfare dependent people who have never done a day's graft in their entire lives, but plans are now afoot to "deal with these people", as David Cameron says this very day. The days of "easy come social security and fraudulent claims" are, apparently, coming to an end.

The fact that these two Luton seats remained Labour after the election gives you a pretty good idea of the area generally, bearing in mind what I have said.

AAMOI - one of the candidates in Luton South in the General Election was the TV personality Esther Rantzen, and in spite of her high profile publicity in the campaign she received just 4.4% of the total vote and lost her £1000 deposit.

The constituencies all around Luton now have very large Conservative majorities following the Election, much like the rest of Southern England outside of London - and Oxford East.
How many stereotypes can you pack into one post?
Old Aug 10th 2010, 10:54 pm
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lothianlad

all very interesting stuff but ............... so???
Old Aug 11th 2010, 6:52 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a political bias......
Old Aug 11th 2010, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
How many stereotypes can you pack into one post?

Missing one: the "luton airport" accent.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
Missing one: the "luton airport" accent.
"Were you truly wafted here from Paradise?"
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
"Were you truly wafted here from Paradise?"
Anyone from outside Luton was exotic!!!!! Perfect marketing that. Quintessential English humour
Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't even want to be buried in Luton.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:35 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Sucks...

I flew in and out of there once..as a teenager..I've been in counselling ever since..its crapness was contagious
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:49 am
Banned

Saleh Al-Saqabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Luton?

sure ,you can move to luton ,it is beautiful city ,it just i think
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

fitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud of

Hi Louise

Luton is a large place with a large Asian and Polish community - if you land in Luton Airport you will see a NATWEST advert written in polish. There are some nice areas around Luton but there are some areas that are just not nice. Luton is on the Bedford line into London and it takes about 45 minutes to get in. The town centre is looking a bit tired but they do hae a multiplex cinema etc there. They do have a great underground market in the shopping centre where you can get all sorts of cooking supplies for indian, jamaican, polish food.

There are some really lovely areas around Luton - I live 5 miles away in a lovely village called Kimpton, which may as well be a different planet, but the area is expensive. Personally i would look to live out in the smaller villages and drive in - note the south bound M1 does get very busy in early rush hour.

My wife goes shopping in Hitchin although Luton is closer.

If you have specific questions about a school - my neighbour is a teacher in that area - feel free to PM me

Regards

Roger
Old Aug 17th 2010, 12:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitchmeister
Hi Louise

Luton is a large place with a large Asian and Polish community - if you land in Luton Airport you will see a NATWEST advert written in polish. There are some nice areas around Luton but there are some areas that are just not nice. Luton is on the Bedford line into London and it takes about 45 minutes to get in. The town centre is looking a bit tired but they do hae a multiplex cinema etc there. They do have a great underground market in the shopping centre where you can get all sorts of cooking supplies for indian, jamaican, polish food.

There are some really lovely areas around Luton - I live 5 miles away in a lovely village called Kimpton, which may as well be a different planet, but the area is expensive. Personally i would look to live out in the smaller villages and drive in - note the south bound M1 does get very busy in early rush hour.

My wife goes shopping in Hitchin although Luton is closer.

If you have specific questions about a school - my neighbour is a teacher in that area - feel free to PM me

Regards

Roger
If you're in Kimpton why is your location Harpenden? My old home town for 40 plus years
Old Aug 17th 2010, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

fitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud of

Simple answer is - i spent so long in process i got married had 2 kids (well my wife did) and moved to Kimpton.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

happybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant future

Living in luton at the moment having done so since moving back from costa del sol in april last Year. Think luton has had a bad press,i dont think its as bad as people like to make out,i could think of a lot worse places to live. As regards to buying property depends on what budget you have 2 spend regarding areas to live.If you need advice on areas or information ou can pm me Best of luck with ur move . We dont regret moving back.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

It's a dump, go somewhere else.....hello everyone btw!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.