Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Lowly EFL teacher moving back at 48 - any hope of a new start?

Wikiposts

Lowly EFL teacher moving back at 48 - any hope of a new start?

Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lowly EFL teacher moving back at 48 - any hope of a new start?

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Hi Andy, There are a number of us 'older' people who are in the process of moving back to the UK so I personally can understand how you feel. I'm 49 and heading back next month, but I don't have the marketable skills either, because in my career field (Medical Clerical) we are probably a dime a dozen and anyone can do my job, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to go back. I too will be looking at everything I can do once I get back to make myself stand out amongst the other applicants and if that involves re-training, or training in something slightly different then so be it.

I know it's going to be hard, but I'm looking at this as a challenge and I love challenges..LOL.

I'm pretty sure that with your skills and language skills you will find something, so just put yourself out there. Remain positive ! The very best of luck to you...and let us all know how you get on.
I honestly think you will be pleasantly surprised. Healthcare jobs are growing by leaps and bounds the world over and that includes medical secretaries. It might take you a few months because you are coming from overseas but you will find something
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:24 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by windsong
I honestly think you will be pleasantly surprised. Healthcare jobs are growing by leaps and bounds the world over and that includes medical secretaries. It might take you a few months because you are coming from overseas but you will find something
Thanks windsong..hopefully it won't take me too many months, because I only have enough funds to last me 6 months..lol. So have to find something quick or else come back to the US with my tail between my legs...lol
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
Thanks so much for posting these links. They help me, too, if I decide to return to teaching. I need to broaden my horizons a bit and see if I can find a teaching job in England or Scotland and not just confine it to Scotland which is where I taught before. Wherever it is, it would be a foot in the door again