Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Looking for a UK stock broker

Looking for a UK stock broker

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

PominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looking for a UK stock broker

Hi,

Like so many here, I have a dwindling pot of money in sterling sitting with the banksters. I could fx the money across but I have no wish to bring more money into this country.

Does anyone know of a UK stock broker that will perform execution only trades of FTSE stocks for non UK residents?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Looking for a UK stock broker

Originally Posted by PominOz1
Hi,

Like so many here, I have a dwindling pot of money in sterling sitting with the banksters. I could fx the money across but I have no wish to bring more money into this country.

Does anyone know of a UK stock broker that will perform execution only trades of FTSE stocks for non UK residents?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Why not open an online account and execute the trades yourself? It is far cheaper that way. There is plenty of free information out there to help you choose, such as this:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/index.html

http://investing.thisismoney.co.uk/quote/UKX

Here is a list of companies that operate online trading accounts for non-residents:

http://the-international-investor.co...s-nonresidents

You could also use TD Direct Investing in Luxemburg who operate multi-currency accounts:

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 15th 2017 at 10:32 pm. Reason: snip link . co has changed
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

PominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks John,

I'll try the third link, done the others before, unsuccessfully.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 9:34 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I'll message you an email.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks John,

I'll try the third link, done the others before, unsuccessfully.
It is worth noting that the following blue chip companies on the London Stock Exchange pay quarterly dividends so this gives you a nice income stream providing money to reinvest.

HSBC (HSBA-L)

BP (BP.-L)

GlaxoSmithKline (GSL-L)

iShares UK Dividend Fund (Exchange Traded Fund) (IUKD-L)

Here is a list of dividend stocks on the LSE:

http://www.topyields.nl/Top-dividend...of-FTSE100.php

Try copying and pasting the links into your browser if you cannot open them.

Last edited by johnh009; Jan 23rd 2013 at 6:35 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Thanks John,

I'll give TD Direct a call later, formerly TD Waterhouse, they claim to do expat accounts. I'm highly unimpressed with the rate I'm getting for my savings in UK, and they're off-shore.... 0.5%

Thanks for the link on divs, I'll check it out.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks John,

I'll give TD Direct a call later, formerly TD Waterhouse, they claim to do expat accounts. I'm highly unimpressed with the rate I'm getting for my savings in UK, and they're off-shore.... 0.5%

Thanks for the link on divs, I'll check it out.
TD Direct have a really good trading platform and are a reputable outfit. They are originally Canadian, part of the Toronto Dominion Bank who operated in conjunction with Price Waterhouse. You can set buy and sell orders for weeks in advances to take advantage of any spikes (high or low) in the markets. You also receive interest on any money in the account not currently invested. The stocks I mentioned previously are paying dividends of around 5% p.a. and dividends usually attract a low rate of tax. You can buy stocks paying as much as 8% but it is best to stick with the blue chips (in my opinion).
Old Jan 24th 2013, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

I completely agree John, many thanks.