Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

The old Australian BBQ thread

The old Australian BBQ thread

Old Sep 5th 2012, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of
Default The old Australian BBQ thread

I've seen a few threads about the hassles of using my Aussie barbeque here in the UK, so I took off the main supply line that fits to the bottle and my wife took it to the local "country" supplier who has gas and what-not.

"Oh, don't know, you'll need to get a special fitting for that" they said.

Off I went to Calor. There were a few bottles outside, so I thought I'd just try and see if my male fitting would fit a Calor gas bottle.

Low and behold, it did!! So do not fear, if you want to bring your gas BBQ over from Oz, you should not have any problems!

BBQ this Saturday (may be the last chance this year!)
Old Sep 9th 2012, 8:55 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all
Default Re: The old Australian BBQ thread

I don't know about the last chance of a barbecue this year, the summer hasn't been so good, but just recently the weathers been fantastic, it looks like we might be having an Indian summer.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:01 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
I don't know about the last chance of a barbecue this year, the summer hasn't been so good, but just recently the weathers been fantastic, it looks like we might be having an Indian summer.
Which will finish at sunset today, according to the weather report.

Must have been an Olympic/Paralympic summer.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:18 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dunroving
Which will finish at sunset today, according to the weather report.

Must have been an Olympic/Paralympic summer.

I never checked the weather forecast, Ah well, it was nice while it lasted.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 26th 2013, 9:34 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Sounds like the old 'wrong thread' thing
Old Jan 26th 2013, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Sounds like the old 'wrong thread' thing
Indeed!
Old Jan 26th 2013, 9:56 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by killerhales
I've seen a few threads about the hassles of using my Aussie barbeque here in the UK, so I took off the main supply line that fits to the bottle and my wife took it to the local "country" supplier who has gas and what-not.

"Oh, don't know, you'll need to get a special fitting for that" they said.

Off I went to Calor. There were a few bottles outside, so I thought I'd just try and see if my male fitting would fit a Calor gas bottle.

Low and behold, it did!! So do not fear, if you want to bring your gas BBQ over from Oz, you should not have any problems!

BBQ this Saturday (may be the last chance this year!)
Oh, I get it! The salesman tried to your wife to buy a special fitting when it wasn't needed. Sorry killerhales, I must have had too much Oz Day cheer

Dunno what Alfresco's excuse is
Old Jan 26th 2013, 9:58 am
Concierge

AND I apologised to the wrong person! I'd better have a cup of tea, and asprin and a little lie down
Old Jan 26th 2013, 12:39 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, looks like a spammer resurrected this thread from a few months ago.