Looking for suggestions

Old Jun 18th 2018, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Rock2089 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for suggestions

Hi to all
I am having indian passport and working in gulf last 10years. And planning to move UK , I will finish my HCPC registration with in month or so.and looking for jobs in NHS only.my profession is Radiographer and my wife she is Nurse.
I am looking area near by London not far,my priorities are good school (possible more grammar school so chances will be there to get admissions)my kids age 9&5. And indian grocery near by.affordable house so I can buy later, and if possible house,work,schools not to far.( I know I am asking for more😊)

But according to these I search Kent area and in Kent (Gillingham) where all above things fit.

And wanted to know from all of them where else I can find all above things. And if not all then good schools and affordable house

salary expecting for me and wife 3200/3400 per month after all deductions

TIA
Old Jun 18th 2018, 5:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for suggestions

Originally Posted by Rock2089
Hi to all
I am having indian passport and working in gulf last 10years. And planning to move UK , I will finish my HCPC registration with in month or so.and looking for jobs in NHS only.my profession is Radiographer and my wife she is Nurse.
I am looking area near by London not far,my priorities are good school (possible more grammar school so chances will be there to get admissions)my kids age 9&5. And indian grocery near by.affordable house so I can buy later, and if possible house,work,schools not to far.( I know I am asking for more� ����)

But according to these I search Kent area and in Kent (Gillingham) where all above things fit.

And wanted to know from all of them where else I can find all above things. And if not all then good schools and affordable house

salary expecting for me and wife 3200/3400 per month after all deductions

TIA
I'm confused. The reason I suggested another thread was because I thought you could work anywhere in the UK, and because (as we said), your salary is going to be tough if you want to live within commuting distance of London, particularly as you need to pay for childcare (and it seems, overnight childcare). So do you *have* to commute to London? Or can you live anywhere? Do you have family that can help with childcare at all?

Do your children have English as a native language? If not, then getting the 9 year old in to a grammar school will be close to impossible, she or he will only have a year or so before the exam.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm confused. The reason I suggested another thread was because I thought you could work anywhere in the UK, and because (as we said), your salary is going to be tough if you want to live within commuting distance of London, particularly as you need to pay for childcare (and it seems, overnight childcare). So do you *have* to commute to London? Or can you live anywhere? Do you have family that can help with childcare at all?

Do your children have English as a native language? If not, then getting the 9 year old in to a grammar school will be close to impossible, she or he will only have a year or so before the exam.

i can work anywhere in uk as far I can get good schools near by,and I don't have any family in uk to support childcare,and I am not seeking directly admission in Grammar school I know for that I have to make them extra classes.so it may take a year or 2 but till then they can have a good school.and before suggesting u have any doubt I am ready to clarify
and thanks again for taking time
Old Jun 18th 2018, 9:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Morning from all across the world.

Just a reminder that here on BE we like to help, care and share. We're not in this to denigrate & put people down.

To help with that we have our Site Rule 1

1. Personal Attacks
BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is “in it together”, please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others’ points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully … without insult or personal attack.
...and Rock2089.

What's wrong with good old British Fish n Chips ( goodness I miss that) , a Sunday Roast or a suet pudding.

Ok . Enough fun from me. Back to topic.

BEVS
BE Adminstrator and Site Lead.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure why you are intent on moving to the most expensive areas in the UK?

The things you are wanting are available all over the UK.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 5:51 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

i can work anywhere in uk as far I can get good schools near by,and I don't have any family in uk to support childcare,and I am not seeking directly admission in Grammar school I know for that I have to make them extra classes.so it may take a year or 2 but till then they can have a good school.and before suggesting u have any doubt I am ready to clarify
Grammar schools are not necessarily good schools, they are just schools you need to pass an entrance exam for.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 6:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Right, so as suggested forget the south east then. On a salary of £44k or so and with both of you working full-time including night shifts (i.e. a lot of expensive childcare), you’ll struggle IMO.

And ‘extra classes’ won’t cut it if your children aren’t native English speakers. Remember that those that get in to grammar schools are already the brightest of the bright, they are native English speakers, and they will often have been tutored for a year or sometimes even more before the exam. That’s what you’re up against. Plus tutoring is expensive, and if you’re living in the south east on that salary you definitely won’t have money left over to pay for a tutor.

You don’t need a grammar school for a good school. My daughter got in to our local grammar but we actually decided against it, the school she goes to now is a much better fit for her, and imo the education is just as good (previous post from me about her education to give you an idea - Education better in UK?). There are plenty of excellent schools in the UK that aren’t grammar schools.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 19th 2018 at 6:06 am.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to all
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 9:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Not sure if you can watch Iplayer or BBC where you are, but re: grammar schools this program was excellent and would be well worth a watch if you can - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b57ynx

It's being repeated this week if you can watch it.

HTH.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 7:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Morning from all across the world.

Just a reminder that here on BE we like to help, care and share. We're not in this to denigrate & put people down.

To help with that we have our Site Rule 1

...and Rock2089.

What's wrong with good old British Fish n Chips ( goodness I miss that) , a Sunday Roast or a suet pudding.

Ok . Enough fun from me. Back to topic.

BEVS
BE Adminstrator and Site Lead.

Just to add onto what BEVS has posted above. If you think a post crosses the line or is in breach of our Site Rules...please click on the ‘report post’ tab for a moderator to deal with. Thanks