Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Looking long term to moving back. Bank accounts.

Looking long term to moving back. Bank accounts.

Old May 1st 2020, 7:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking long term to moving back. Bank accounts.

Originally Posted by AleksVirgo
Personally, I prefer Revolut because of their convenient app. For me, it's easier to use. I move a lot, so I love their travel insurance, as you can turn it on and off fast. Also it's super nice to keep saving money by "saving the change" in the Revolut vault. I still haven't started using it, but I love the idea that if you pay 3.75Eur, it minuses 4Eur from the main account and puts the spare 0.25Eur to your vault. I know it's psychological, but for most of us it's hard to deduct a big amount for savings, than just taking these cents.
Just FYI, I’ve removed the link in your post, it wasn’t to the official Revolut site but a third party site instead.

Thx.
Old May 6th 2020, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

AleksVirgo is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh ok, Sorry for that!
It just looked quite an informative page for me.
Old May 8th 2020, 1:58 am
Just Joined

LLamados is an unknown quantity at this point

I just opened a Starling bank account - it was easy! Used my U.K. address (sister) passport, and basically that was it...
They have a great app, card, and security is awesome....
Old May 8th 2020, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LLamados
I just opened a Starling bank account - it was easy! Used my U.K. address (sister) passport, and basically that was it...
sounds great, I expect expats will be flocking to join.

When we lived in the USA we used a similar internet only bank and it worked great.

https://www.starlingbank.com/

Old May 8th 2020, 3:45 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LLamados

Just took a look into this.
Very straightforwards. could be a possible candidate.
Thanks
Old May 9th 2020, 12:42 am
Just Joined

LLamados is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by excpomea
Just took a look into this.
Very straightforwards. could be a possible candidate.
Thanks

You are quite welcome I did use a VPN to get the app as it did not show up in the play store otherwise- but apart from that.....I do love the simplicity of this bank, very straight forward, I add funds via PP / Xoom - and they are quick and efficient- I accidentally locked myself out in the middle of the night - Pushed a button, recorded a video to show it was me and I was back in within 20 minutes...
Old May 9th 2020, 6:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Starling is great, I have two accounts with them, but they do make it clear during the application process that only U.K. residents qualify for accounts with them.