Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Leaving Arizona after 32 Years

Leaving Arizona after 32 Years

Old Jul 11th 2018, 4:37 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving Arizona after 32 Years

Originally Posted by Caroline in Arizona
One week to go!! Almost there! Tomorrow we leave Arizona and fly to Seattle to see our eldest son.

After lots of goodbyes looking forward to saying some hellos. Enjoying my daily swim in the outdoor pool which is the thing I will miss the most back in Scotland. Seriously contemplating purchasing a wetsuit so that I can continue with my love of outdoor swimming when we are back in Scotland. We’ve sent a suitcase with Uni Baggage (very pleased with their service and it was tracked all the way) and almost finished packing the ones we’ll be taking with us

Off for my last swim in Arizona!
Bon voyage, Caroline.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond repute

One week to go!! Almost there! Tomorrow we leave Arizona and fly to Seattle to see our eldest son.

After lots of goodbyes looking forward to saying some hellos. Enjoying my daily swim in the outdoor pool which is the thing I will miss the most back in Scotland. Seriously contemplating purchasing a wetsuit so that I can continue with my love of outdoor swimming when we are back in Scotland. We’ve sent a suitcase with Uni Baggage (very pleased with their service and it was tracked all the way) and almost finished packing the ones we’ll be taking with us

Off for my last swim in Arizona!
Exciting times! We just concluded the missives on our new home in Scotland yesterday, with a closing date of September 19th. Just a few more months to go until we make that big journey too! Meanwhile, I'm about five weeks or less away from giving birth to our newest little addition, and we have a long to-do list to get through here in America before we leave. Intrigued about your experience with Uni Luggage: might have to give that a try to send essentials in advance! So glad you get to see your son in Seattle before embarking on your big journey!
Old Jul 11th 2018, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Caroline, all the best!!
Old Jul 12th 2018, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Caroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond repute

Novocastrian, PrairieWriter and durham_lad - many thanks and best wishes to all of you.

Just sold our second car and are now car-free and home-free.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 12:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Novocastrian, PrairieWriter and durham_lad - many thanks and best wishes to all of you.

Just sold our second car and are now car-free and home-free.
Keyless

Happy new beginnings Caroline
Old Jul 12th 2018, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Caroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond repute

BEVS - many thanks. It feels quite liberating. Many thanks for all your wisdom on this forum.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Currently in Providence Rhode Island and tonight we fly Norwegian to Edinburgh arriving at 9:05 am. I’m so excited I’m like a child waiting for Christmas Day.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Safe travels!
Old Jul 18th 2018, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

I’m home. Currently a mixture of jet-lagged and joyful. My brother-in-law met us at the airport and took us to the leasing office to get the key to our flat in Musselburgh. It is fully furnished and fully equipped which is super. It’s right on the beach and a two minute walk from the harbour. Beautiful views over to Fife. My sister-in-law and her mother provided us with food for the day.

I’ve enjoyed sharing my journey with you and, once again, I offer my thanks for this forum. I hope that in some small way my words may have helped someone else with their journey back to their homeland.

After we we have been back a while I’ll let you know how things are going.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 9:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I’m home. Currently a mixture of jet-lagged and joyful. My brother-in-law met us at the airport and took us to the leasing office to get the key to our flat in Musselburgh. It is fully furnished and fully equipped which is super. It’s right on the beach and a two minute walk from the harbour. Beautiful views over to Fife. My sister-in-law and her mother provided us with food for the day.

I’ve enjoyed sharing my journey with you and, once again, I offer my thanks for this forum. I hope that in some small way my words may have helped someone else with their journey back to their homeland.

After we we have been back a while I’ll let you know how things are going.
Welcome home.

On the beach, a couple of minutes from the harbour...sounds fabulous.

Please do write more when you have the time.

All the very best.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

YAY!! Welcome back, I’m guessing it won’t take long to settle in.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! I have been following your journey with enthusiasm. Enjoy those beautiful beaches.
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

valspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much BEVS. This summer when we were in Scotland I was finally able to put into words what my homesickness means. Here it is:

A feeling deep in the core of my being that I need to return to my homeland. An ache that never goes away. However much I try my best to make the most of every day outside of Scotland there is a general sense of unease that I am in the wrong place. A feeling of well-being and comfort that permeates through me when I am in Scotland. I can no longer ignore/fight these feelings and we are returning to Scotland.
You put into words exactly what i have always felt here since 1984 only i still can't figure out how to do it. I am from Windsor and wish to return but cannot afford it
Happy that you will soon not have to deal with that anymore.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

I started a new thread in Back Home called “Back in Scotland.” I realize my name “Caroline in Arizona” is no longer appropriate but no plans to change it!

Absolutely love being back in Scotland. It’s everything I hoped it would be. Yesterday I walked for 2 hours on my own in the wind and the rain and loved every minute. I had on my waterproof clothing from top to bottom. For dinner we had a delicious steak pie from the butcher in Tranent. Then we took a bus into Edinburgh for a fringe show called “Instanbul: You’ll Never Walk Alone.” Lidl is a 5-minute walk from our rental flat which is a good thing as our under-the-counter fridge is quite small!

Best wishes to all of you.

Old Aug 13th 2018, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

I started a new thread in Back Home called “Back in Scotland.” I realize my name “Caroline in Arizona” is no longer appropriate but no plans to change it!

Absolutely love being back in Scotland. It’s everything I hoped it would be. Yesterday I walked for 2 hours on my own in the wind and the rain and loved every minute. I had on my waterproof clothing from top to bottom. For dinner we had a delicious steak pie from the butcher in Tranent. Then we took a bus into Edinburgh for a fringe show called “Instanbul: You’ll Never Walk Alone.” Lidl is a 5-minute walk from our rental flat which is a good thing as our under-the-counter fridge is quite small!

Best wishes to all of you.

Thanks so much for the update here, and I'm so pleased to hear that you are already enjoying being back. We are still on a high after arriving back home 2 years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.