Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Leaving agent to sell house here or rent it out.

Leaving agent to sell house here or rent it out.

Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:30 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Leaving agent to sell house here or rent it out.

Anybody gone back before their house sells?
We are planning on going back by June and the housing market is really slow, so we are thinking of leaving the agent to sell the house.
If it doesn't sell in another couple of months then we would have to rent it out.
We have an above ground pool that took me weeks to put in with all the fencing, decking etc. I will have to pull all that down if we leave the house empty or it will turn into a stagnant pond.
I asked the agent if the pool made any difference to selling the house, "people don't care" she said "ok I'll pull it down then", "no don't do that it's a really good selling feature".
Estate agents are even more useless here then in the UK and a lot more expensive.

Has anybody rented their house out and gone home?
I'm worried we are setting ourselves up to lose even more money.

Kevin
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:37 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Leaving agent to sell house here or rent it out.

Originally Posted by kevinl
Anybody gone back before their house sells?
We are planning on going back by June and the housing market is really slow, so we are thinking of leaving the agent to sell the house.
If it doesn't sell in another couple of months then we would have to rent it out.
We have an above ground pool that took me weeks to put in with all the fencing, decking etc. I will have to pull all that down if we leave the house empty or it will turn into a stagnant pond.
I asked the agent if the pool made any difference to selling the house, "people don't care" she said "ok I'll pull it down then", "no don't do that it's a really good selling feature".
Estate agents are even more useless here then in the UK and a lot more expensive.

Has anybody rented their house out and gone home?
I'm worried we are setting ourselves up to lose even more money.

Kevin
Oh Kev, i do feel for you. I love your signature under your name, it speaks volumes!!!

We were going to put a pool in our garden until we were told that it won't add value to the house and even might put people off buying it.
Afterall we bought it without a pool when for the same price we could have bought a house with a pool.

I will never understand why estate agents here charge so much to sell a house. It's bloody ridiculous!

Well, hope you sort out what to do and good luck with the move back.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:38 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

I just love your signature too - brilliant Perhaps we should have a club called that like TraceyW suggested?

Anyway, we hadn't got round to buying because after 12 months out there we'd not enough dosh left to buy a tent, so can't help you sorry. Just wanted to say good luck with everything and hope it's a smooth return for you
Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you get a cover to put over the pool? Maybe there is no need for them in Aus. but we cover our pool in winter when it's not in use.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 2:26 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
I just love your signature too - brilliant Perhaps we should have a club called that like TraceyW suggested?

Anyway, we hadn't got round to buying because after 12 months out there we'd not enough dosh left to buy a tent, so can't help you sorry. Just wanted to say good luck with everything and hope it's a smooth return for you
Must admit, I nicked it of Tracey, just been viewing lately rather then posting after some of the rows I got into, was going to do an avatar like the UNEDUCATED some of the godzone had but then lost interest!

J.girl we have a cover, put it on and then left the pump off for a couple of days, steps started going green!

Kev
Old Apr 21st 2007, 2:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit, I nicked it of Tracey, just been viewing lately rather then posting after some of the rows I got into, was going to do an avatar like the UNEDUCATED some of the godzone had but then lost interest!

J.girl we have a cover, put it on and then left the pump off for a couple of days, steps started going green!

Kev
Just thought if you were going to leave the house empty...it may be an idea to empty the pool and cover it. In winter we take some of the water out and cover it. Yes the water turns brown and nasty but in the spring when it's reopened...we 'shock' the pool and the water is clear and the pool is clean within 24 hrs.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 2:43 pm
Never been to Australia

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Just thought if you were going to leave the house empty...it may be an idea to empty the pool and cover it. In winter we take some of the water out and cover it. Yes the water turns brown and nasty but in the spring when it's reopened...we 'shock' the pool and the water is clear and the pool is clean within 24 hrs.
I think that would be ok if we were staying here but if we are just selling then peeps will just see another inconveniance.

Its really mad but its 10.37pm saturday night here and I am writing a training program for the 2 apprentices that I have under me and then I am going to write my resignation.

Kev

Last edited by kevinl; Apr 21st 2007 at 2:52 pm. Reason: You can't spell check from the edit function
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:03 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I think that would be ok if we were staying here but if we are just selling then peeps will just see another inconveniance.

Its really mad but its 10.37pm saturday night here and I am writing a training program for the 2 apprentices that I have under me and then I am going to write my resignation.

Kev
Can't you get a weekly pool service to take care of the pool after you're gone?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

Kev
keep it covered as much as you can and the water needs to keep circulating. It is going green because you dont have enough chlorine in it.