Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Jeremy Clarkson: Stand still, wimp – only failures run off to be expats

Wikiposts

Jeremy Clarkson: Stand still, wimp – only failures run off to be expats

Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson: Stand still, wimp – only failures run off to be expats

Originally Posted by Jay Bird
Ah, that's where you and I differ.....I don't find him funny at all........ever! I never have taken anything he's uttered as seriously as he does.

For "funny", please substitute "seriously pathetic"....
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:35 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jeremy Clarkson: Stand still, wimp – only failures run off to be expats

Originally Posted by macadian
For "funny", please substitute "seriously pathetic"....

You mean you don't find him seriously pathetic?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

If I had Jeremy Clarkeson's bank account i too could probably make a darn good life of things in the UK. House in Highgate, second home in Lake district and ability to test drive worlds best cars on european roads with no speed limits and getting paid millions for running my mouth off and being a loud arrogant nob.

Its a stupid article, written by a gobshi*e who hasnt had to endure the harsh realities of what many british people do and he never will so he shouldnt be best placed to write it, its actually extremely insulting (although bit about selling cab is funny and too true).

Made me smirc though and sometimes he does say some sensible stuff, i am sure he will get the response he wanted.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kar98
"Every single person who ever moves to another country – with the exception of America where you go to grow – is a failure."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5992555.ece

Clarkson appears to be running out of ideas.

This column sounded very familiar ....because I had read it before. The idea that only failures become expats was the central theme of his column on 26 August 2007, also in The Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle2326687.ece

I quote:

"Fine, but in the whole of human history, nobody has ever woken up and thought, “I know. I have a wonderful family, lots of money, a great job and an active social life. I shall therefore move to Australia.”

Australia is where you go when you’ve made a mess of everything. That’s why the 1.3m Brits who live there are known as whingeing Poms. Because they’re all failures."

And it was discussed on BE in this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476949
Old May 17th 2009, 8:39 am
Just Joined

mattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kar98
"Every single person who ever moves to another country – with the exception of America where you go to grow – is a failure."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5992555.ece

Cant stand the bloke myself....But he is right !
Old May 17th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattie
Cant stand the bloke myself....But he is right !

Like what most of what he has to say ...utter bollocks
Old May 17th 2009, 9:33 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

I liked what he said about Birmingham. There's a reason why there's 2 roads in and 10 out.

Anyway, I think you're missing the point. He is actually standing up for good old Britain. Thank God someone keeps Britain British.