Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Its not all doom and gloom.......

Its not all doom and gloom.......

Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:26 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its not all doom and gloom.......

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Yeah it sure is not all doom and gloom. Speaking to my friends in UK who say their own businesses are reaping from the recession. It depends what business you are in and our own business thrieves in a recession.
For us going back to UK in a recession is good for us. Business and property wise. We need to make money there that we have lost in OZ.
May i ask what type of business are you in?

Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:37 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
May i ask what type of business are you in?

Thanks
We are in the repair and service section, all white goods (f/f, washing machines, tumble dryers, microwaves, ovens, dish washers etc) while the recession stops people spending, they still have everyday essentials which break down, so they have them repaired instead.
We find our business booms when there are problems in the world with credit spending.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 1:58 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
We are in the repair and service section, all white goods (f/f, washing machines, tumble dryers, microwaves, ovens, dish washers etc) while the recession stops people spending, they still have everyday essentials which break down, so they have them repaired instead.
We find our business booms when there are problems in the world with credit spending.
Brilliant!! You are in a recession proof business and what a wonderful position to be in
Old Dec 6th 2008, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

bubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud of

hi
we are also going back and opening a business.
we are going to open a jewellers up ,but we are going to be a manufacturing jewellers that will melt down your old gold and make it into a bangle or ring or anthing you want!!!!
so we believe when in a recession what better service to offer people as they will save money and only pay out labour! we will do repairs on site as well which not many places do ,when times are hard people will repair rather than buy new,
we have been doing this here so we know it will do well.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:49 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

We went xmas shopping today And i think most of the underclasses must of broken into there piggy banks......cause it was heaving down town

There was christmas music playing in all the shops, buskers singing in the precinct lots of happy smiley faces all buzzing about doing their xmas shopping We was walking past one of the pubs and a gang of i would say mid 20's, lads came out with xmas hats on and faces painted up....

Their was acouple of old ladies in front of us and one of the lads was having abit of daft off with them and grabbed a hold of one of the ladies and started dancing....we was howling and i think she thought all her xmas's had come at once
He then kissed her hand and wished her a merry xmas and they all tootled off back into the pub haha

No real point .....i just thought i'd share that with you
Old Dec 7th 2008, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

bubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud of

hi sans
i am intrigued to know what area you are in ?
how long you been there for?
It made me laugh as i could never see the incident happen in Oz,
how refreshing to hear rather than hearing about young people attacking old people
Also good to hear that shops are busy! we are planning to open a business so reading that gives me hope.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:04 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubbles08
hi sans
i am intrigued to know what area you are in ?
how long you been there for?
It made me laugh as i could never see the incident happen in Oz,
how refreshing to hear rather than hearing about young people attacking old people
Also good to hear that shops are busy! we are planning to open a business so reading that gives me hope.
Hi We are in Nrth Lincolnshire....I've lived here just about all my life, apart from 2 jaunts to Canada. Once in the mid 70's, which lasted 8 mths. And i came back 5 mths ago after being over there for 14mths .

I have lived in whats probably the most beautiful place in Canada twice and still had to come back home
And i wont be leaving again thats for sure......We all know that you always here about the bad stuff over the good......

People never report about the youth who nips to the shop for the old lady who carn't get out, or does his/her garden,because they carn't manage it...Do they
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:07 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
Hi We are in Nrth Lincolnshire....I've lived here just about all my life, apart from 2 jaunts to Canada. Once in the mid 70's, which lasted 8 mths. And i came back 5 mths ago after being over there for 14mths .

I have lived in whats probably the most beautiful place in Canada twice and still had to come back home
And i wont be leaving again thats for sure......We all know that you always here about the bad stuff over the good......

People never report about the youth who nips to the shop for the old lady who carn't get out, or does his/her garden,because they carn't manage it...Do they
Or the boy who saves you from drowning at the local swimming pool
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:11 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Or the boy who saves you from drowning at the local swimming pool
Are we getting up close and personal Flea
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:12 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Are we getting up close and personal Flea

Explanation on grumpy old woman thread.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:42 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Its very very Gloooomy today.............Its raining Lots
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Its very very Gloooomy today.............Its raining Lots
Not much difference to you living in Nanaimo really then eh sans?!! And look at what you've got for Christmas this year....being home
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:03 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Not much difference to you living in Nanaimo really then eh sans?!! And look at what you've got for Christmas this year....being home
Yep haha i just thought i'd post warts an all The rain doesn't actually bother me...........I love sitting inside with a fire going when its dark and gloomy....gets all cosy in front of the telly

Of course their is always something on worth watching now........Yeah i know i'm sad...... wish i could bundle you and Dingbat up and fetch you home.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Yep haha i just thought i'd post warts an all The rain doesn't actually bother me...........I love sitting inside with a fire going when its dark and gloomy....gets all cosy in front of the telly

Of course their is always something on worth watching now........Yeah i know i'm sad...... wish i could bundle you and Dingbat up and fetch you home.
I love being inside, all warm and snuggly, listening to the sound of rain lashing on the windows So envious of the choice you get to watch on telly over there....here, it's like the Bruce Springfield song "57 channels and there's nothing on"!!! And the commercials.......don't even get me started on the commercials

Well I'd have loved to have been home in time for Christmas, but alas I must stick it out here for the time being....unless by stroke of luck we land a lottery win....and fat chance of that
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:19 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
I love being inside, all warm and snuggly, listening to the sound of rain lashing on the windows So envious of the choice you get to watch on telly over there....here, it's like the Bruce Springfield song "57 channels and there's nothing on"!!! And the commercials.......don't even get me started on the commercials

Well I'd have loved to have been home in time for Christmas, but alas I must stick it out here for the time being....unless by stroke of luck we land a lottery win....and fat chance of that
Hopefully your new job will help take your mind off it abit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.