It's been a while!!

Old Dec 20th 2011, 9:00 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's been a while!!

Originally Posted by DevonTracy
For anyone who may actually remember, I used to be TraceyW! I still am actually, I just can't log in as me! For those of you who have absolutely no idea who I am, I moved to Perth with husband and two small children back in 2004 and after years of being really homesick eventually moved back to the UK in Oct 2008.

I haven't been on here for ages, which is quite amazing in itself as i used to be on here every day of the week when I lived in Perth; it kept me sane speaking to people who actually understood how I felt.

I wanted to drop a line to say all is still really good for us back here in the UK. We love Devon, it's the best place we have ever lived and that's the truth. Our children are thriving and go to lovely schools. They have not turned into chavs/gang members/muggers/drug addicts (we awere warned of this prior to returning...honest!) and they are very happy children . Husband is happy playing cricket and football, having the odd pint and digging the garden! I am very happy with my job, love my home (it's got character, it feels like a home and only takes me a couple of hours to clean, unlike the Perth house!!)

I love being around family again. I love seeing the seasons change. I love being part of a country I belong in and I love being British. Oh, and I don't buy a newspaper!

So, to anyone thinking of moving back, good luck to you. It's not been without its challenges, but for us, it was worth it and we have absolutely no regrets
i remember you too tracey , it was about the same era . Glad to hear you are doing well , i have been back in dorset now for 2 years and no regrets ,work was an issue but for the peace of mind of being back home i can put up with that .
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
i remember you too tracey , it was about the same era . Glad to hear you are doing well , i have been back in dorset now for 2 years and no regrets ,work was an issue but for the peace of mind of being back home i can put up with that .
Hey you!!!
Didnt know youre still in the UK
Glad you are ok
C
Old Dec 24th 2011, 9:58 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chance to be
Hey you!!!
Didnt know youre still in the UK
Glad you are ok
C
hi ya chance , yea still in the uk ,travelled around a bit mainly due to work and had a 8 month spell working in belgium and 3 month in aussie but happily settled in the uk now . Good to see youve settled well too , cant believe its 5 years since you left aussie [i think] , unbelievable . Have a great crimbo
Old Dec 24th 2011, 11:27 am
Just Joined

DevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to all

Isn't it good to hear that a lot of the old faces have settled back home well

Have a wonderful Christmas all xx
Old Jan 5th 2012, 5:20 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Bad bits were in the first 6 months; the readjustment I think was harder than we anticipated. We stupidly expected to be able to slot straight back in, and for the most part we did, just certain things didn't go to plan: our daughter, who was 7, found it hard to make friends (she's fine now!), the initial school we moved the children to wasn't what we believed it to be (we moved them, they're great now) the job situation was pretty bad but it's working out now.
Everything that seemed a little alien to us when we came back now feels like it's ever been any different. I no longer think of Perth with bad feelings, it was an adventure I learned loads from and I am grateful for having it.

We chose to live here because we didn't want to go back to where we'd moved from; that's taking a backwards step in our opinion, so we chose somewhere we'd always wanted to live...Devon (and it's close to husbands folks). We chose our town because of its fantastic schools (apart from the first one!) and this was a very important issue for us and has proved to be poignant as both children are flying high academically and have made some great friends and are very happy....and if they're happy, we're happy
Hello stranger,

Just nipped in here after watching a gripping Wanted Down Under this morning and wondered what people's thoughts were about it. Anyway, did a quick search to see if our old mate Nushooz had been back and written anything and found this - and YOU - with a new name!! LOL.
I too am loving being back and can't agree with you more about when moving back to the Uk from oz - moving back to somewhere new!!!!!
Mega happy where we are in York. We settled in straight away, I think because we were just so happy to be back. We'll be back here three years on Feb 1st!
Your home sounds gorgeous. Glad life is good again - exactly how it should be! x
Old Jan 10th 2012, 9:30 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it good to hear that a lot of the old faces have settled back home well

Have a wonderful Christmas all xx
Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Hello stranger,

Just nipped in here after watching a gripping Wanted Down Under this morning and wondered what people's thoughts were about it. Anyway, did a quick search to see if our old mate Nushooz had been back and written anything and found this - and YOU - with a new name!! LOL.
I too am loving being back and can't agree with you more about when moving back to the Uk from oz - moving back to somewhere new!!!!!
Mega happy where we are in York. We settled in straight away, I think because we were just so happy to be back. We'll be back here three years on Feb 1st!
Your home sounds gorgeous. Glad life is good again - exactly how it should be! x
Hey you two! Glad you are both feeling so settled