It's been a while!!

Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's been a while!!

Originally Posted by Merseygirl
Hello Tracey W, I remember your posts and your rolling eyeballs. Used to enjoy reading what you had to say. Glad to hear that you are doing well in lovely Devon and that it turned out to be the best decision for you and your family.

PS. I miss Flea, Nu Shooz and St Georges Girl too. I wonder how they are doing.
Guess their recollections of life in Australia has faded into the distant past. Time even makes some look back more fondly with regards to the experience although may well have been spitting chips while still in Oz.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post Tracey, good to hear from you. I remember reading your post about your journey to Devon from Heathrow watching the sunset etc. Glad to hear all is working out. Devon is a great place (except Barnstaple).
Old Nov 29th 2011, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear from you Tracey and so glad that everything is swanning along quite nicely for you!

I miss the others too - it is always good to hear how people are faring and I suspect that it wont be long before I join you in the land of not bothering with BE now that I am back where I belong as well (albeit maybe not forever but I am working on it!)

I cant believe it is 3 years already!
Old Nov 29th 2011, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird
Tracey W as I live and breathe!!!! How are you darling?

I'm glad it's all worked out so well for you all.....just like I said it would

All we need now is nu-shooz, flea and St George's Girl and we could have an old girls' reunion!
Yes that would be good - sorry to hear St George's Girl is stuck.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

DevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pommybird
Tracey W as I live and breathe!!!! How are you darling?

I'm glad it's all worked out so well for you all.....just like I said it would

All we need now is nu-shooz, flea and St George's Girl and we could have an old girls' reunion!
Hello old girl!!! All is absolutely fabulous with me, just as you predicted! Hope all is well in your world.

Sandra is quite right, NuShooz is a happy lady all settled up north. Last I heard Kath and Graham moved back to Oz but i thought they were heading to Brizzy? Dunno. just hope they're happy at last.

Anyone remember Go Bananas? She used to do some lovely diaries on here. She moved back here and last I heard she was a happy chappy too.

Poor St Georges Girl, she has been unhappy for what seems donkeys years.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

DevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by quoll
Good to hear from you Tracey and so glad that everything is swanning along quite nicely for you!

I miss the others too - it is always good to hear how people are faring and I suspect that it wont be long before I join you in the land of not bothering with BE now that I am back where I belong as well (albeit maybe not forever but I am working on it!)

I cant believe it is 3 years already!
Well, my days, i never thought I'd see the day when you talked your other half into leaving the shores of Oz! Good on yer!! Lets hope he may decide to make it a forever move eh?
Old Nov 29th 2011, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Nice post Tracey, good to hear from you. I remember reading your post about your journey to Devon from Heathrow watching the sunset etc. Glad to hear all is working out. Devon is a great place (except Barnstaple).
Hey there. I read you're looking at moving back to Oz? If that's what's going to make life sweet for you two, then it's got to be done. Hope it all works out
Old Nov 29th 2011, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

sirscotsalot is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to hear that everything has worked out for you. I will be moving back next year. SInce america is more of a "melting pot" of ethinicities just wondering if you think my 8 year old grandson would be teased for being biracial. He has not experienced that here in Mississippi but don't know what to expect if he comes to live in Scotland next year...
Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

So pleased that it has all worked out for you and your family and that you are happy to be back home !!!!
I remember you, and so used to enjoy reading your posts.
Cheers I.G.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DevonTracy
Hello old girl!!! All is absolutely fabulous with me, just as you predicted! Hope all is well in your world.

Sandra is quite right, NuShooz is a happy lady all settled up north. Last I heard Kath and Graham moved back to Oz but i thought they were heading to Brizzy? Dunno. just hope they're happy at last.

Anyone remember Go Bananas? She used to do some lovely diaries on here. She moved back here and last I heard she was a happy chappy too.

Poor St Georges Girl, she has been unhappy for what seems donkeys years.

Kath & Graham, did move to Brisbane, but they moved back to Perth, she is very settled and happy, also has her own doggy business in joondalup. Speaking with Rachel today x

Last edited by sandrainaus; Nov 30th 2011 at 7:01 am.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:12 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
Kath & Graham, did move to Brisbane, but they moved back to Perth, she is very settled and happy, also has her own doggy business in joondalup. Speaking with Rachel today x
Ah, glad Kath is settled, send Rach my regards when you speak to her and a big kiss too x
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone who may actually remember, I used to be TraceyW! I still am actually, I just can't log in as me! For those of you who have absolutely no idea who I am, I moved to Perth with husband and two small children back in 2004 and after years of being really homesick eventually moved back to the UK in Oct 2008.

I haven't been on here for ages, which is quite amazing in itself as i used to be on here every day of the week when I lived in Perth; it kept me sane speaking to people who actually understood how I felt.

I wanted to drop a line to say all is still really good for us back here in the UK. We love Devon, it's the best place we have ever lived and that's the truth. Our children are thriving and go to lovely schools. They have not turned into chavs/gang members/muggers/drug addicts (we awere warned of this prior to returning...honest!) and they are very happy children . Husband is happy playing cricket and football, having the odd pint and digging the garden! I am very happy with my job, love my home (it's got character, it feels like a home and only takes me a couple of hours to clean, unlike the Perth house!!)

I love being around family again. I love seeing the seasons change. I love being part of a country I belong in and I love being British. Oh, and I don't buy a newspaper!

So, to anyone thinking of moving back, good luck to you. It's not been without its challenges, but for us, it was worth it and we have absolutely no regrets
Howdy Do Tracey and lovely to hear your all doing so well.....its always nice to hear a happy story and not all doom and gloom lol. I have the same thoughts as you in regards to our return home....it is what it is and as you say moving.....anywhere is not without any challenges. I come on here less and less myself nowadays as life goes on etc but still pop in and always try and be "that shoulder" etc just as you and nu-shooz etc were for me and others when we were deciding on leaving Perth and returning home, it helped so thank you. Wishing you and all expats (a bit early I know but a busy period for us these next few weeks) a Happy Christmas and the very best of wishes for the New Year.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Another happy Christmas from us too, to all these old timers! 5 yrs just outside Cambridge now. Best wishes, Chrissy x
Old Dec 19th 2011, 11:28 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chance to be
Another happy Christmas from us too, to all these old timers! 5 yrs just outside Cambridge now. Best wishes, Chrissy x
Hey Chrissy, happy Christmas to you too, hope life is good with you and you are happy x
Old Dec 19th 2011, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone who may actually remember, I used to be TraceyW! I still am actually, I just can't log in as me! For those of you who have absolutely no idea who I am, I moved to Perth with husband and two small children back in 2004 and after years of being really homesick eventually moved back to the UK in Oct 2008.

I haven't been on here for ages, which is quite amazing in itself as i used to be on here every day of the week when I lived in Perth; it kept me sane speaking to people who actually understood how I felt.

I wanted to drop a line to say all is still really good for us back here in the UK. We love Devon, it's the best place we have ever lived and that's the truth. Our children are thriving and go to lovely schools. They have not turned into chavs/gang members/muggers/drug addicts (we awere warned of this prior to returning...honest!) and they are very happy children . Husband is happy playing cricket and football, having the odd pint and digging the garden! I am very happy with my job, love my home (it's got character, it feels like a home and only takes me a couple of hours to clean, unlike the Perth house!!)

I love being around family again. I love seeing the seasons change. I love being part of a country I belong in and I love being British. Oh, and I don't buy a newspaper!

So, to anyone thinking of moving back, good luck to you. It's not been without its challenges, but for us, it was worth it and we have absolutely no regrets

Hey stranger, long time no see. I'm really glad to hear that you are happy being back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.