British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Irene (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/irene-729627/)

tonrob Aug 25th 2011 9:20 pm

Re: Irene

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 9581926)
Well it is to pass over mid-long island on Sunday so that means the McArthur, LaGuardia and JFK will be closed, if not for rain, then certainly for wind. It is then to be going to Connecticut which will leave out Hartford for landing and then up to mid-Massachusetts.

Philly will be getting some rain and winds but if it stays on track they will not get the blunt of it by a long shot.

If it does take this exact route then by my calculations it will pass right though where I live.

Tits.

Weeze Aug 25th 2011 9:52 pm

Stay safe tonrob & family and all the rest of you in the path.

Giantaxe Aug 25th 2011 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 9582027)
If it does take this exact route then by my calculations it will pass right though where I live.

Tits.

This looks like an '85 Gloria re-rerun which passed right over my (then) house in MA. It's actually quite interesting being in the eye as you can go out and survey the damage in the complete calm of the midpoint of the storm.

Nutmegger Aug 25th 2011 9:56 pm

The local paper is prophesying a direct hit here in Fairfield County on its way up to you. Time to stock up on drinking water for the dogs, I guess. The OH and I are always stocked on wine.

nethead Aug 25th 2011 10:47 pm

Tits.

Uh oh, you got hit with tornadoes in the spring too didn't you?

Scouse Express Aug 25th 2011 11:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn59e0xAZAk

Jim.

tonrob Aug 25th 2011 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 9582064)
This looks like an '85 Gloria re-rerun which passed right over my (then) house in MA. It's actually quite interesting being in the eye as you can go out and survey the damage in the complete calm of the midpoint of the storm.

I shall look forward to the interesting damage.

Originally Posted by nethead (Post 9582107)
Uh oh, you got hit with tornadoes in the spring too didn't you?

Yes - it's been quite the year. In January we had record snow levels and saw six feet of snow in 3 weeks, then on 1st June we narrowly missed the tornado by just under 2 miles. We felt the earthquake the other day and now maybe a hurricane at the weekend. It's all just getting a bit silly.

MrEmjoy Aug 25th 2011 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 9582166)
I shall look forward to the interesting damage.

Yes - it's been quite the year. In January we had record snow levels and saw six feet of snow in 3 weeks, then on 1st June we narrowly missed the tornado by just under 2 miles. We felt the earthquake the other day and now maybe a hurricane at the weekend. It's all just getting a bit silly.

Stay safe!

cindyabs Aug 26th 2011 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 9579304)
I like the Beaumont one:thumbup:

If you need a safe haven honey you know where we are:wub:

Thanks, nice to know. :wub::wub: Now do ya think you have room for bevinva, tonrob, just to name a few? :unsure:

scrubbedexpat097 Aug 26th 2011 12:30 am

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 9582205)
Thanks, nice to know. :wub::wub: Now do ya think you have room for bevinva, tonrob, just to name a few? :unsure:

M said everyone come on down, just BYOB :thumbsup:

moi Aug 26th 2011 2:16 am

They've ordered mandatory evacuations in some of NJ areas as of 8am tomorrow morning.
Not looking good.

Jerseygirl Aug 26th 2011 2:21 am

Originally Posted by moi (Post 9582303)
They've ordered mandatory evacuations in some of NJ areas as of 8am tomorrow morning.
Not looking good.

Yup Christie told people to leave The Shore area this afternoon.

MrEmjoy Aug 26th 2011 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 9582310)
Yup Christie told people to leave The Shore area this afternoon.

You don't have to be specific as to where you are located but are you affected?

Jerseygirl Aug 26th 2011 3:04 am

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy (Post 9582379)
You don't have to be specific as to where you are located but are you affected?

I am in NW NJ. Obviously the worry is for those near the coast but it's projected to cover all NJ, NY and half of PA. This is one huge hurricane...it covers a huge area.

Just on TV now that it's projected to be more over NJ than coastal NY. That's bad news for us...the further west it moves the nearer the eye will be to where I live.

Mummy in the foothills Aug 26th 2011 3:29 am

Heres hoping it moves away at the last minute and everyone stays safe. :fingerscrossed:
So does anyone else start singing Come on Irene in their head every time they read the title of this thread?