I'm so proud..

Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of
Default I'm so proud..

When we came here last year in April and we had a lot of trouble to get our daughter into a good secondary school for year 7....all the descend schools were full.
The best school around here did put her on the waiting list..place 39..but because of our sercumstances (12 years of army) they gave here a place
after all..plus she had really good papers.

Now we half way through the year seven..she gets good marks all through the subjects...learns, German, Spanish and Japanese.

There are 300 Students in year 7..today she came home..telling me that she is grade wise at place 10 and effort wise the number 1...she got a commendation from the head teacher and is sooo happy about it...and Mum is proud...
Had to tell somebody..hubby is away for the week....
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:23 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm so proud..

Originally Posted by eurotramp
When we came here last year in April and we had a lot of trouble to get our daughter into a good secondary school for year 7....all the descend schools were full.
The best school around here did put her on the waiting list..place 39..but because of our sercumstances (12 years of army) they gave here a place
after all..plus she had really good papers.

Now we half way through the year seven..she gets good marks all through the subjects...learns, German, Spanish and Japanese.

There are 300 Students in year 7..today she came home..telling me that she is grade wise at place 10 and effort wise the number 1...she got a commendation from the head teacher and is sooo happy about it...and Mum is proud...
Had to tell somebody..hubby is away for the week....

That's great news - I can understand why you feel so proud. She's obviously adjusting very well, then.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dunroving
That's great news - I can understand why you feel so proud. She's obviously adjusting very well, then.

Yeah..the kids do well...hubby is happy at work..its mum who has the problem... again..all I want is a home and now we stopped moving..but we are in the most expensive city in the world..still not be able to have a house...I'm so tired about it.

Anyhow..I think now they glad they gave her a place ...Oxford here we come...only joking ... she wants to become an actor..or scientist..
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:27 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah..the kids do well...hubby is happy at work..its mum who has the problem... again..all I want is a home and now we stopped moving..but we are in the most expensive city in the world..still not be able to have a house...I'm so tired about it.

Anyhow..I think now they glad they gave her a place ...Oxford here we come...only joking ... she wants to become an actor..or scientist..
She's keeping her options open then! Congratulations on being a proud mum.

BTW, where is the 'most expensive city in the world'?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:58 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Whereabouts are you Eurotramp? Is it Northwood? Where does hubby work? If iI remember correctly and it is Northwood - why not try looking at houses slightly further out like Bovingdon or something? Just a suggestion...

Well done to your daughter!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:47 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done for creating such a clever child!! It's always the mum that lends her academic genes I find!!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
Whereabouts are you Eurotramp? Is it Northwood? Where does hubby work? If iI remember correctly and it is Northwood - why not try looking at houses slightly further out like Bovingdon or something? Just a suggestion...

Well done to your daughter!
We have thought about it many times...but first the houses are not that much cheaper around those areas..then it is murder to travel in in the morning..I'm coming out of our street and I'm already stuck in traffic..takes me 30 min to take the kids to school...we would need a second car again which is not cheap..hubby goes to work on a bike and the kids settled just nice in their new school...

Why this place is so expensive I don't know...because if you go further towards central London..it gets cheaper...for a bit..