I'm Hot!

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm Hot!

Oh yeah, when you're in the sun you'll find it's the land of rainbows and unicorns, all your dreams will come true, and you'll be in constant state of euphoria.

You forgot the fairy dust and happy sprinkles
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:52 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
You forgot the fairy dust and happy sprinkles
I forgot the fluffy pink bows and dancing angels too, but you know how it is, too much detail just lessens the impact of the message
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
Come on January and February are always crap in the UK.Wait until you are enjoying the 45 degree days.
The pool will be full of freaked out insects and snakes and at night the mozzies will devour you.
Alternatively you could turn on the tv and get some wonderful intelligent programmes as the kangaroos and koalas jump past your window.
You'll soon be bored
That's if you can afford a pool, most people in our area (a very nice one at that) don't have a pool)....we've had 3 (in our past homes) we don't have one in this home (our choice) and we don't miss it a bit.....honestly.... you can only really use them for a few months a year....and often then it's way to hot outside to use them.....get's my goat when people seem to think we all have swimming pools and our lifestyle's all "outdoors"...... it's not cheap to run aircon that's when they do work.......you stew in the summer in these homes and freeze in the winter....only we don't really have a choice....central heating, double glazing, wall insulation.....I wish.....a lot better for the environment as well if we did.....right moan over...sorry air con is broke again (only 10 months old and already been out 3 times to "fix it")
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by audrey426
For all you lucky people moaning about the heat, picture this-

House freezing (even tho you plough £200 oil
+ £90 elec a month into it)
Scraping ice of windscreens on /off for 3-4 months.
Having to wash grit of your car every week (well i dont but some do)
Kids glued to sofa moaning its too cold to do anything.
Nothing to do, but ramble on this forum from the sofa, and watch our ecomomy collapsing on tv, whilst its getting up a gale outside and awaiting the big snow storm forcasted!

Its funny, when we came back from our reccie end of October, we marvelled at the sprinkling of snow on the cairngorms as we flew into Inverness," oh how we will miss the changing seasons" we said with tears in our eyes "and what about traditional christmas, arranging our holly wreaths and trees?"
Are we doing the right thing emigrating?
(just read my last moaning posts!)
Well, weve been home 3 months since our trip, and the Uk has been now seriously grating our cheese since boxing day
I wonder if i ever get to Oz, I will be moaning about the heat?
I would kill to be in all your positions, sitting by the pool
Nope but you will be moaning the other way around

Kids: in all day to hot outside

Sun: all day...can be a killer...

Air con bill at the end of the summer

Christmas:...to hot for the beach so you either sit under the air con trying to have a traditional meal/have the famous Aussie Barbie..please done that so many times it's not joke!!....we went to K.L this year for Christmas and New Year, it was fantastic and way more festive than Perth...

Work:.....have to search a lot harder nowadays....my OH has now had to go to Darwin for work....and the credit crunch is here...just don't report it like in the U.K.....
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kevin747
Come on January and February are always crap in the UK.Wait until you are enjoying the 45 degree days.
The pool will be full of freaked out insects and snakes and at night the mozzies will devour you.
Alternatively you could turn on the tv and get some wonderful intelligent programmes as the kangaroos and koalas jump past your window.
You'll soon be bored
Intelligent programs in OZ. Really??? Must have missed those ones!!!

Last edited by stm1971; Feb 4th 2009 at 12:26 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to make you guys feel lucky we are hovering round -19C here in Northern Ontario. I would appreciate a bit of your heat wave to melt the 5 ft snow dumps along the side of the roads so I can see what’s coming round the corner.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:56 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macmike41
I would appreciate a bit of your heat wave to melt the 5 ft snow dumps along the side of the roads so I can see what’s coming round the corner.
Does that man you're posting messages on here while you're driving? Kind of a dodgy thing to do in such icy conditions, isn't it?
Old Feb 4th 2009, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stm1971
Intelligent programs in OZ. Really??? Must have missed those ones!!!

That's what you get for blinking
Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Does that man you're posting messages on here while you're driving? Kind of a dodgy thing to do in such icy conditions, isn't it?
Magic these BlackBerry phones aint they - but even they can't see over/round the snow - and It's ok as long as I don't meet myself commin' the other way.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 1:26 pm
Banned

Magic these BlackBerry phones aint they - but even they can't see over/round the snow - and It's ok as long as I don't meet myself commin' the other way.
I wouldn't know about that... I have a smartphone, but I'm not smart enough to use it
Old Feb 5th 2009, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wouldn't know about that... I have a smartphone, but I'm not smart enough to use it
I'm waitin' for the SmartSmart phone - wish someone would come up with one that just listened to what's being said to it then converts it to text and sends it wherever/however you want it to go without having to press those fiddly little button things.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:05 pm
Banned

I'm waitin' for the SmartSmart phone - wish someone would come up with one that just listened to what's being said to it then converts it to text and sends it wherever/however you want it to go without having to press those fiddly little button things.
If it were american, I doubt it'd be smart enough to understand my accent. Evidently nobody else round here does.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If it were american, I doubt it'd be smart enough to understand my accent. Evidently nobody else round here does.
Sorry dude but that went right over my head