I'm Hot!

Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm Hot!

and I'm fed up and that's pretty much all I've got to say on the subject
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:15 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm Hot!

Sorry to hear that! It's 5 deg C here in London this lunchtime. Does that help?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Me too.It's was 42 at 8pm.I've had enough of the place
Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

OrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura about

It's been raining solidly for 2 weeks in Portugal. And it's cold - like Wales in January but with a little more daylight.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

OrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by OrkneytoPortugal
It's been raining solidly for 2 weeks in Portugal. And it's cold - like Wales in January but with a little more daylight.
Oops! Just remembered I'm supposed to be promoting the place - it's lovely the rest of the year round of course!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

It's -6 C here in Illinois

But, I would rather have this weather than the weather you are getting, you poor thing
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

You know when ever an Aussie talks to me about moving back to the UK* they always say something nauseatingly predictable like 'what about the weather, it's so cold, I LOVE the heat' etc etc blah blah. This last week they've all been moaning about the heat, and I said 'hang on, I thought you all loved the heat, what's the problem'?

I usually get a reply like 'oh we don't like it TOO hot', which is great because then I reply with 'oh, so you're whinging then, I thought only us Brits did that?'. I usually follow it up with a 'have you ever heard me complain about the cold, either here or when I've been home'? (it was minus 8 when I was there at Xmas). This confuses them greatly (which isn't hard, let's face it) and I get a kind of rabbit in the headlights look.

Hypocritical morons, the lot of em. I hope they drown in their own sweat

* I try hard not to talk them if at all possible, but alas, sometimes it is unavoidable. Like nails down a blackboard.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Add me to your list 3 go mad! It wasnt as hot here as it was in many places but last night was nigh unbearable - the DH wont get aircon (grounds for divorce I reckon) but after last night I am not going to have another summer here without it. I have a little evap cooler but that really doesnt do the job and it sounds like a bloody Mac truck.

Interestingly when my son went back to UK for his "gap year" (now coming on 7 years) he couldnt get over the Poms who complained about the cold - he said he wasnt cold at all and just bought a really nice jacket which kept him warm. He couldnt understand why they didnt dress for the cold and kept their buildings at some stupid degree of heat so they wore what was necessary for the building and not for being outside.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:03 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Give me till June and I'll have the same complaint. Blah the heat is depressing.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

My toes are froze here in Kent brrrr.....
Old Jan 29th 2009, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
It's 44 here in Adelaide today and going to b ethe same for the week !!!!

WANT TO SWAP
Old Jan 29th 2009, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

WON'T BE LONG AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE COOL WEATHER !!!!

i HATE THIS WEATHER,EVEN HAVING BEEN HERE FOR OVER 50 YEARS....
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Yes my sympathy to all those in Melbourne and Adelaide and country areas in between, even the aussies are moaning tons about the heat.

Hopefully there will not be any bushfires this season, I will never forget the morning we woke up with sirens and looked out the window to see the hill behind my house ablaze and the Channel 7 helicopter hovering over my backyard filming. Bricking it does not even begin to cover it.

To all those moaning about the UK winter, there are not many weather events over there that will actually kill you!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:55 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by islandergirl
Yes my sympathy to all those in Melbourne and Adelaide and country areas in between, even the aussies are moaning tons about the heat.

Hopefully there will not be any bushfires this season, I will never forget the morning we woke up with sirens and looked out the window to see the hill behind my house ablaze and the Channel 7 helicopter hovering over my backyard filming. Bricking it does not even begin to cover it.

To all those moaning about the UK winter, there are not many weather events over there that will actually kill you!
Id rather be cold than roasting hot any day least you can rug up when your cold not much you can do when its hot.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:56 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
get some ugg boots they will keep you toes cosy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.