Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I'm getting fed up with...

I'm getting fed up with...

Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:28 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm getting fed up with...

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Positive is the thing. It's always looking forward to something better. When I went to school, the idea of improving our station in life was never mentioned, here my daughters were told that they could go where they wanted, it might be tough but....

I like that, the past is gone, it's too late to change today, but I can do better tomorrow.

ugacrew, I do feel guilty toward individuals about the generalisations we make. That is a one time concession, don't expect a repeat.
No worries. I've come to realize overtime that this forum is just a venting point for Brits. Feel free to speak your mind and don't feel guilty. You seem like an chap who's even keel so I don't mind. Why should I? Someone once said that this was a place for those to voice thoughts to those who were like-minded. I'm copacetic with that. I just hope over time that I do make a positive impression lessening the negative stereotypes. Anyway, as you were ladies and gentlemen.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thydney
Chat Moss?
is that where you are from...that's mancy manchester way i think?
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I can't quite decide if you are in Scotland or Yorkshire
LOL!!!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britgalusa
Wow I'd rather be here than in the UK anyday, give it time!

I do however totally agree with the 'ragheads' comment, that annoys the hell out of me too!
Yeah, I know, everyone says give it time, right now I'm just thoroughly peed off.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:40 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

I love Toby Keith one of my sad thoughts about leaving was I won't get to see him live
You know, there is some controversy with some of his songs. However there is one by him that really gets me as it relates to my father.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=3210060
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:40 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
is that where you are from...that's mancy manchester way i think?
No it's the soft spot I have for you dear
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:41 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
You know, there is some controversy with some of his songs. However there is one by him that really gets me as it relates to my father.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=3210060
Dial up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:46 pm
Riding on silver wings

Dial up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY FORGOT!!!!!!!!! LOL

It's called 'American Soldier'.

Here are the lyrics.

Artist: Keith Toby
Song: American Soldier
Album: Shock'n Y'all

(Toby Keith/Chuck Cannon)

I’m just tryin’ to be a father, raise a daughter and a son
Be a lover to their mother, everythin’ to everyone
Up and at ‘em bright and early, I’m all business in my suit
Yeah I’m dressed up for success, from my head down to my boots
I don’t do it for money, there’s bills I that I can’t pay
I don’t do it for the glory, I just do it anyway
Providing for our future’s, my responsibility
Yeah I’m real good under pressure, being all that I can be
And I can’t call in sick on Mondays when the weekend’s been too strong
I just work straight through the holidays, and sometimes all night long
You can bet that I stand ready, when the wolf growls at the door
Hey I’m solid, hey I’m steady, hey I’m true down to the core.

And I will always do my duty no matter what the price
I’ve counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice
Oh and I don’t want to die for you, but if dyin’s asked of me
I’ll bear that cross with honor, cause freedom don’t come free.

I’m an American Soldier an American
Beside my brothers and my sisters, I will proudly take a stand
When liberty’s in jeopardy, I will always do what’s right

I’m out here on the front lines, sleep in peace tonight
American Soldier, I’m and American, Soldier.

An American Soldier an American
Beside my brothers and my sisters, I will proudly take a stand
When liberty’s in jeopardy, I will always do what’s right
I’m out here on the front lines, sleep in peace tonight
American Soldier, I’m and American, an American, an American, Soldier.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:47 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

It's not that long ago that we were all "drunks who traveled Europe to riot at soccer games"!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:48 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

A man wakes up one morning with the filthiest hangover and no recollection of the night before. Slowly opening his eyes, he sees a bottle of aspirin and a glass of water on the bedside table.
He looks around the room to find his clothes are on the dresser, neatly folded, with a clean shirt on top. The bedroom is immaculate. On the bedside table is a note, which says, 'Darling, your breakfast is in the kitchen. I love you.'
Downstairs, he finds his favourite cereal, croissants, fresh OJ and freshly brewed coffee laid out waiting for him, along with the morning paper - and his 15-year-old son, who is finishing his own breakfast.
'Tell me, son,' he asks, 'what happened last night?'
'Well,' says the boy, 'you came home so blind drunk you didn't even know your own name. You nearly broke the door down, then you were sick in the hallway, then you knocked the furniture over and when Mum tried to calm you down, you thought she was the police, so you gave her a black eye.'
'Christ!' says the man. 'Then how come my clothes are all folded, the house is tidy and my breakfast is ready?'
'When Mum dragged you into the bedroom and tried to get your trousers off to put you into bed, you shouted at her, 'Get your filthy hands off me, you slut, I'm married!''
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I can't quite decide if you are in Scotland or Yorkshire
Or Lord Lionheart's kingdom
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:51 pm
Not dead yet

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY FORGOT!!!!!!!!! LOL

It's called 'American Soldier'.

Here are the lyrics.

Artist: Keith Toby
Song: American Soldier
Album: Shock'n Y'all

(Toby Keith/Chuck Cannon)

I’m just tryin’ to be a father, ........American, an American, Soldier.
I know that song no need for the lyrics this is the south you know
I like 'Red,white and blue' makes me laugh that he got away with it, pity we didn't think like that in Britain

Last edited by Thydney; Mar 16th 2008 at 11:53 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:53 pm
Riding on silver wings

I know that song no need for the lyrics;rolleyes: this is the south you know
I like 'Red,white and blue' makes me laugh that he got away with it, pity we didn't think like that in Britain
Well considering how slooooooooooooooooooooow your system is. I figure I'd provide you with a refresher on a site that's already cached. So sue me why don't you. And don't roll your eyes at me mister.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:54 pm
Not dead yet

Well considering how slooooooooooooooooooooow your system is. I figure I'd provide you with a refresher on a site that's already cached. So sue me why don't you. And don't roll your eyes at me mister.
Well roll them back I can't see without them
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:56 pm
Riding on silver wings

Well roll them back I can't see without them
I hid them. Guess where.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.