Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I'm getting fed up with...

I'm getting fed up with...

Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm getting fed up with...

Fakeness, selfishness, narrow mindedness and intolerance!!!

I swear, I'm going to SCREAM!!! :curse:

The next time I hear someone say "This is a Christian country..."

The next time someone singles me out for being different with their fake "oooh, I just lurve your accent!"

The next time I see some who's - yer - mate on TV with fake white veneer teeth

The next time I read that size zero is attractive

The next time I hear a sexist remark... and it is ACCEPTABLE!!!

The next time I see a religiously intolerant or racist bumper sticker

The next time I have to throw the trash out... and KNOW I could recycle most of it if the facilities were available!

The next time someone gives me a weird look for CHOOSING to walk down the street!

The next time I hear about another shooting

The next time I hear about "those ragheads"

The next time some butthead tries to tell me about Christianity as if I never heard of Jesus before

I'm not going to be responsible for my bloody actions!!!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm getting fed up with...

Originally Posted by Emma M
Fakeness, selfishness, narrow mindedness and intolerance!!!

I swear, I'm going to SCREAM!!! :curse:

The next time I hear someone say "This is a Christian country..."

The next time someone singles me out for being different with their fake "oooh, I just lurve your accent!"

The next time I see some who's - yer - mate on TV with fake white veneer teeth

The next time I read that size zero is attractive

The next time I hear a sexist remark... and it is ACCEPTABLE!!!

The next time I see a religiously intolerant or racist bumper sticker

The next time I have to throw the trash out... and KNOW I could recycle most of it if the facilities were available!

The next time someone gives me a weird look for CHOOSING to walk down the street!

The next time I hear about another shooting

The next time I hear about "those ragheads"

The next time some butthead tries to tell me about Christianity as if I never heard of Jesus before

I'm not going to be responsible for my bloody actions!!!
have a nice day now!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
have a nice day now!
:curse: Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

:curse: Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
give it long enough and you wont hear any of it, believe you me
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

give it long enough and you wont hear any of it, believe you me
Innit though, because I'll be on the next plane out of here, Ive had a gutful.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Took you this long?
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

Innit though, because I'll be on the next plane out of here, Ive had a gutful.

hehe me toooooooo
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
Took you this long?
yeah, I'm a bit slow...
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
Took you this long?
BE Forum Addict

hehe me toooooooo
If I had the money, I would just get up and go back with or without my hubby, I can't take this place.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

MademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond repute

Like living in Twilight Zone...not easy, I know.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of americans are tossers, granted.

They are totally ignorant that there is a whole world outside their borders, which is why Sept 11 was a shock to them. They are intolerant of new ideas, anything different to the established way of things is criticised and dismissed.

Of course not all yanks are like that, but each time I visit, I see it everywhere.

Why do I want to move to the US, you ask?

Well, the missus is ready to go back there. Her work is tailing off here, and financially, it just makes sense for us to make the move now.

I'm hoping 'll just get used to the idiocy and learn to live with it.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:29 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell, stop concentrating on the negatives and start looking for positives. If you keep concentrating on the negative, it will carry over if you do go back, and you'll be screwed up there, too.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Bloody hell, stop concentrating on the negatives and start looking for positives. If you keep concentrating on the negative, it will carry over if you do go back, and you'll be screwed up there, too.
I know what you mean, I don't want it to become a habit, just right now I can't help myself!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
so true pg, so true. i've not been a happy bunny here for a long time however if one thing that has come out of this move is that it's made me a much more positive person. each time i go home and see my friends they say i am like a breath of fresh air. one of the reasons i fell in love with my usc husband is for just that reason. for the 20+yrs i've known him he's always, always positive no matter what.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.