Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I'm getting fed up with...

I'm getting fed up with...

Old Mar 17th 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm getting fed up with...

Welcome to America
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:34 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma M
Fakeness, selfishness, narrow mindedness and intolerance!!!........I'm not going to be responsible for my bloody actions!!!
Suggestion:

Go to a Barnes & Noble or Borders.
Buy a book you think will be fascinating.
(I like James Herbert and have 3 in a queue right now)

Go to Quizno's or WaWa or whatever sandwich deli you have locally.
Buy yourself something different - yet appealing.

Now go outside to a park or riverbank or anywhere at all which is relatively peacefull and spend hours doing nothing but reading and enjoying the sunshine. You may meet someone new, you may have an epiphany of thought, you may just think quietly and find it all a bit silly.

Which it actually is.

Cuz its too bloody short to be unhappy.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Fakeness, selfishness, narrow mindedness and intolerance!!!

I swear, I'm going to SCREAM!!! :curse:

The next time I hear someone say "This is a Christian country..." It could be worse, think of the alternatives, Saudi Arabia, for instance.

The next time someone singles me out for being different with their fake "oooh, I just lurve your accent!"Rather that than, "Ugh, you're English, go away

The next time I see some who's - yer - mate on TV with fake white veneer teethThink...Bruce Forsythe

The next time I read that size zero is attractiveVictoria Beckham is English and probably a minus 2

The next time I hear a sexist remark... and it is ACCEPTABLE!!!Not a phenomenon limited to the US, be thankful you don't have to wear a veil.

The next time I see a religiously intolerant or racist bumper stickerOne of the glories of the Constitution...the right to free speech. You don't have to agree with it. This country may have the KKK, but at least it doesn't have the BNP

The next time I have to throw the trash out... and KNOW I could recycle most of it if the facilities were available!You could always contact your local Council Member and put the idea to them

The next time someone gives me a weird look for CHOOSING to walk down the street!Ignore them, they will get very obese and die and someone will have to pry the remote control from their cold, dead fingers

The next time I hear about another shootingSadly, a universal reality. There may be "gun control" in the UK, but shootings happen there too and in loads of other countries

The next time I hear about "those ragheads"First time I heard that term was in the UK

The next time some butthead tries to tell me about Christianity as if I never heard of Jesus beforeIt's the South, it's the Bible Belt, it happens. Just tell them you're a Buddhist and politely slam the door in their faces.

I'm not going to be responsible for my bloody actions!!!
We all have those days.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:53 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you don't have a thick skin. BTW, some of what you wrote could equally apply to the UK so it's not like the US is unique.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:16 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Fakeness, selfishness, narrow mindedness and intolerance!!!

I swear, I'm going to SCREAM!!! :curse:

The next time I hear someone say "This is a Christian country..."

The next time someone singles me out for being different with their fake "oooh, I just lurve your accent!"

The next time I see some who's - yer - mate on TV with fake white veneer teeth

The next time I read that size zero is attractive

The next time I hear a sexist remark... and it is ACCEPTABLE!!!

The next time I see a religiously intolerant or racist bumper sticker

The next time I have to throw the trash out... and KNOW I could recycle most of it if the facilities were available!

The next time someone gives me a weird look for CHOOSING to walk down the street!

The next time I hear about another shooting

The next time I hear about "those ragheads"

The next time some butthead tries to tell me about Christianity as if I never heard of Jesus before

I'm not going to be responsible for my bloody actions!!!

Yes, yes. This is all well and good. But the fact is you can't get a decent bacon butty in this god forsaken country!! I live in a state where there are five pigs to every person, but not one of them is turned into proper bacon!! Now that is something that should make you scream!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:23 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Yes, yes. This is all well and good. But the fact is you can't get a decent bacon butty in this god forsaken country!! I live in a state where there are five pigs to every person, but not one of them is turned into proper bacon!! Now that is something that should make you scream!
I do miss my bacon butty. For some reason British pigs taste better than American ones.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:24 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
I do miss my bacon butty. For some reason British pigs taste better than American ones.
Probably because a lot of the Bacon comes from Denmark. BTW Fresh and Easy's ( Tesco) bacon is good and reasonable at $5 a pound, as long as you like it smoked, which I do.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:27 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Probably because a lot of the Bacon comes from Denmark. BTW Fresh and Easy's ( Tesco) bacon is good and reasonable at $5 a pound, as long as you like it smoked, which I do.
SNAP!!! We used to buy Danish bacon in a can when I was a kid and a bacon sandwich made out of that on Monk's Bread was to die for!!! Sigh.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:37 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
The American ones are imperialist pigs and they taste funny...
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
hunh, I thought they are all capitalist pigs.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I would think the British pigs are imperialist and the Americans are of course capitalist pigs.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:45 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Well Danish Landrace pigs are THE bacon pig. I know because we had a boar and two sows and piglets and they all wore helmets with horns on 'em.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:50 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
hunh, I thought they are all capitalist pigs.
Originally Posted by Celsius
I would think the British pigs are imperialist and the Americans are of course capitalist pigs.
I just picked one, I've heard both...
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:42 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Which are the male chauvinist pigs then?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:45 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Which are the male chauvinist pigs then?
The French

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.