Wikiposts

I'm coming......

Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:58 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm coming......

Originally Posted by Deedee13
haha... i am laughing so much my sides are hurting!!! i came back from Paris yesterday, and there was a woman sitting next to my jump seat with her 6 year old child next to her. He was comforting her the whole way, she was having such a bad time of it! Didnt help when one certain old bag started chanting god only knows what when we were coming into land in Detroit! i thought she was going to get up and smack her in the face!

Off topic tho, where is the place where Princess Di died in Paris. I only had 27 hours there so didnt do too much, just the eifel and walked around a bit...but probably going again soon and would love to see where she was killed! And is it far from the Eifel Tower coz that is where they put us up for the layovers.

I'm glad you think it was funny! I nearly soiled myself. Not to mention my potentially Oscar winning portrayal of a Tourettes sufferer! I let out with a sort of EEEEEEEPSH*TF**K!!!! noise (it caused the woman in front of me to turn around and peek through the seats, nosey, calm bi*ch!) and practically tore the armrests off.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 3:30 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Snow forecast in Upstate New York tonight....by the time Taffviking gets here it'll look like Antartica. Bring an extra vest.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 3:42 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Couple of things.

If you are flying business class with BA, at LHR go into the lounge and go upstairs. There always seems to be better food upstairs (or at least more of it) and fewer people. More relaxing that way.

I would *strongly* recommend checking out http://www.seatguru.com/ today and look at what is available in business class. Find out which seats don't recline fully, or which are too close to the galley, etc. Pick your seats well before your flight. If you are on BA and don't mind sitting backwards, then a window seat is really quite quiet and relaxing to sleep your way over.

This might sound silly but I would recommend bringing your own pillow (or at the very least pillow case) for the flight. You would be amazed how much easier it is to sleep on the flight when your head is against your own pillow or at least the case that you are used to. Can make a real difference vs. the crappy airline pillows they have.

Business class is usually filled with sleeping persons, though occasionally you get a yob or a family that won't go to bed. Things are very flexible up there--far more so than in coach, so if you need to move just do it and find a better seat.

Also, if on a 747, I would recommend the upper deck business class area. It is smaller and has a dedicated attendant that looks after only the 20 or so that are up there. In addition, there is a no kids rule (safety reasons) that keeps it more quiet. You'll find a lot of seasons fliers head up there to get their sleep.

As for turbulence, it can happen anywhere, but I've noticed that on most of my flights it is generally just off the coast of Newfoundland Canada that is the bumpiest, but those are usually coming the other way on overnight flights.

On your flight back, if on BA, try to get a later flight (10:00) to make it easier to sleep. You should also take advantage of the full dinner service they offer in the BA lounge in JFK so you don't have to deal with the trolley's on the plane.

If you are flying United, one thing I recommend to all 'nervous' fliers is 'Channel 9' on the headset. Channel 9 is all the air-to-ground communications between the pilots and air traffic control. You'll hear them say 'United 230 turn left to 270 degrees, reduce speed to 400' or something and then a few seconds later you feel the plane turn left and the speed go down a bit. It makes flying less of a mystery and I've found it really helps those who can get nervous.

You can also check the movies out now that BA will show. https://ba.com/travel/entertainhighlights/public/en_gb Looks like you get the Simpsons, Die Hard 3, and Hairspray this month, but if you happen to luck out and get the new BA Club seating you'll have a bunch of stuff on demand (if you can't get to sleep). You might also look at grabbing some noise canceling headphones--they drown out the engine noise and make the flight much quieter (you'll be shocked when you take them off and hear the roar of the engine).

Anyway, hope you have a safe flight. (if you couldn't guess, I spend a lot of time on planes)

Last edited by penguinsix; Nov 6th 2007 at 3:45 am.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 3:46 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
look out...i'm coming to the great US of A!!!!!
Just been told me and the hubster are needed to finish an engine off, but we can blag it to get a few days to ourselves when it's finished.
Do you need a visa of some sort ...
Old Nov 6th 2007, 3:48 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

If I lived close I'd love to meet you
Old Nov 6th 2007, 3:52 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
she would just corrupt you ..
Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:47 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Great post. I'm saving this one.

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Hi,

Couple of things.

If you are flying business class with BA, at LHR go into the lounge and go upstairs. There always seems to be better food upstairs (or at least more of it) and fewer people. More relaxing that way.

I would *strongly* recommend checking out http://www.seatguru.com/ today and look at what is available in business class. Find out which seats don't recline fully, or which are too close to the galley, etc. Pick your seats well before your flight. If you are on BA and don't mind sitting backwards, then a window seat is really quite quiet and relaxing to sleep your way over.

This might sound silly but I would recommend bringing your own pillow (or at the very least pillow case) for the flight. You would be amazed how much easier it is to sleep on the flight when your head is against your own pillow or at least the case that you are used to. Can make a real difference vs. the crappy airline pillows they have.

Business class is usually filled with sleeping persons, though occasionally you get a yob or a family that won't go to bed. Things are very flexible up there--far more so than in coach, so if you need to move just do it and find a better seat.

Also, if on a 747, I would recommend the upper deck business class area. It is smaller and has a dedicated attendant that looks after only the 20 or so that are up there. In addition, there is a no kids rule (safety reasons) that keeps it more quiet. You'll find a lot of seasons fliers head up there to get their sleep.

As for turbulence, it can happen anywhere, but I've noticed that on most of my flights it is generally just off the coast of Newfoundland Canada that is the bumpiest, but those are usually coming the other way on overnight flights.

On your flight back, if on BA, try to get a later flight (10:00) to make it easier to sleep. You should also take advantage of the full dinner service they offer in the BA lounge in JFK so you don't have to deal with the trolley's on the plane.

If you are flying United, one thing I recommend to all 'nervous' fliers is 'Channel 9' on the headset. Channel 9 is all the air-to-ground communications between the pilots and air traffic control. You'll hear them say 'United 230 turn left to 270 degrees, reduce speed to 400' or something and then a few seconds later you feel the plane turn left and the speed go down a bit. It makes flying less of a mystery and I've found it really helps those who can get nervous.

You can also check the movies out now that BA will show. https://ba.com/travel/entertainhighlights/public/en_gb Looks like you get the Simpsons, Die Hard 3, and Hairspray this month, but if you happen to luck out and get the new BA Club seating you'll have a bunch of stuff on demand (if you can't get to sleep). You might also look at grabbing some noise canceling headphones--they drown out the engine noise and make the flight much quieter (you'll be shocked when you take them off and hear the roar of the engine).

Anyway, hope you have a safe flight. (if you couldn't guess, I spend a lot of time on planes)
Old Nov 6th 2007, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Great post. I'm saving this one.
Good post.. now get writing about the other airlines and tips and tricks!!!

You did forget to mention tho that its more bumpier at the back of the plane than the front..
Old Nov 6th 2007, 5:22 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

You did forget to mention tho that its more bumpier at the back of the plane than the front..
yeah but its safer too at the back
Old Nov 6th 2007, 5:28 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
yeah but its safer too at the back
Yeah, you get an extra 1/10th of a second before the tail hits!!!!
Old Nov 6th 2007, 5:31 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Good post.. now get writing about the other airlines and tips and tricks!!!
If you are going to do a great deal of travel, then you should really start to use:

http://www.flyertalk.com/milesfr.shtml

It is a wealth of information on the airlines and their programs. There are lots of little tricks and tidbits on getting upgrade and status with airlines.

One other point: If you are flying Club World on BA, then be damn sure to get mileage points / tier points on your BA card. That trip alone will be nearly 40% of your yearly tier point flights needed for status.

Last edited by penguinsix; Nov 6th 2007 at 6:49 am.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:14 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Penguin six, Thank you soo much that was really nice, I leave here for Amsterdam with KLM, the lounge there is alright...well it's a bit grubbier now..but free booze is all that I care about, then we're with North West to Bradley, on crappy old MD80's, but on the way back it's just KLM from newark on a 737, I think, depends on where our adventure takes us......so if you travel a lot you know what KLM stands for......we Know your Luggage is Missing....

Well i'm taking some empty bags so I can have a good old shop while the dollar is low....god it's going to seem ridiculously cheap to us
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:16 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Do you need a visa of some sort ...
If anyone asks, we're consulting not working

Originally Posted by anabella
Thanks love, i'd like to do a big tour and see all of you...ok maybe not all of you..
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:25 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

People do eat TG out at restaurants cos they couldn't be bothered to cook, so you shouldn't have a problem finding one to eat at.

I can just imagine the shopping trips
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:29 am
live free or die

Originally Posted by Redlippie
People do eat TG out at restaurants cos they couldn't be bothered to cook, so you shouldn't have a problem finding one to eat at.

I can just imagine the shopping trips
Ai...pickles!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.