Wikiposts

I'm coming......

Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:44 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm coming......

look out...i'm coming to the great US of A!!!!!

Just been told me and the hubster are needed to finish an engine off, but we can blag it to get a few days to ourselves when it's finished.

We're working in East Hartford, CT. Haven't been to NY so will probably go there.

Absolutely cacking myself about the flight mind, but we get to go business class, which means lots of free booze on board and in the lounges...and we get a suite at the hotel!!!!

I've been trying to check the weather though and get some real inconsistencies, some say 6c and some say 16c??? What is it?

Is it true that CT is a really boring state with not mch to do? If you don't have family for thanksgiving what do most people do...eat out??

half excited/half cacking pants WV
Old Nov 5th 2007, 11:49 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm coming......

Damn! Too bad you won't be closer, I don't think I could make it there after work.

New Hartford weather: http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCT0134_c.html
Old Nov 5th 2007, 11:57 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Damn! Too bad you won't be closer, I don't think I could make it there after work.

New Hartford weather: http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCT0134_c.html
Awww cheers sweetness

If I didn't have the main man with me we could have had a secret rendezvous half way (not that i'm sure where you live lol)

So it is fairly cold then, still slightly warmer than what we have at the mo, so that's a positive
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:02 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
Awww cheers sweetness

If I didn't have the main man with me we could have had a secret rendezvous half way (not that i'm sure where you live lol)

So it is fairly cold then, still slightly warmer than what we have at the mo, so that's a positive
Halfway is only about 600mi, something could have been arranged, I'm sure!
When are you due to arrive anyway? There's a few BE folks up that way.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:08 am
live free or die

Halfway is only about 600mi, something could have been arranged, I'm sure!
When are you due to arrive anyway? There's a few BE folks up that way.
Thursday, gotta work for at least a week, maybe more, depends on the outcome.

Then we can have a bit of a holiday/adventure I hope, unless I have a panic attack on the plane and demand to go all the way home on a boat.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:13 am
Unmitigated Gall

Thursday, gotta work for at least a week, maybe more, depends on the outcome.

Then we can have a bit of a holiday/adventure I hope, unless I have a panic attack on the plane and demand to go all the way home on a boat.
I'm not too thrilled about flying myself. I spend the entire trip clutching the armrests with white knuckles. Invariably if I start to relax, we hit turbulence or the plane does one of those things where it feels like it's dropping out of the sky and your ass lifts out of the seat. When we finally land they have to peel me out of the seat and my arms hurt for a day.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:23 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Can reliably inform you that it's peeing it down right now and fairly miserable (well, at least it is about 30 miles away which is where I live). Temperature's been up and down like a bride's nightie of late though - was actually walking around in shorts and T-shirt less than two weeks ago, and people at work are predicting snow by Friday...

CT boring? Depends what you're into. Plenty of quaint New England towns and villages within easy driving distance if you want to do the touristy thing and soak up the atmosphere.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:26 am
live free or die

I'm not too thrilled about flying myself. I spend the entire trip clutching the armrests with white knuckles. Invariably if I start to relax, we hit turbulence or the plane does one of those things where it feels like it's dropping out of the sky and your ass lifts out of the seat. When we finally land they have to peel me out of the seat and my arms hurt for a day.

That's exactly how I feel, great to hear others get it.....the best answer is booze and diazepam...preferably mixed together...then you're out like a light...or pissed without a care in the world
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:27 am
live free or die

Originally Posted by tonrob
Can reliably inform you that it's peeing it down right now and fairly miserable (well, at least it is about 30 miles away which is where I live). Temperature's been up and down like a bride's nightie of late though - was actually walking around in shorts and T-shirt less than two weeks ago, and people at work are predicting snow by Friday...

CT boring? Depends what you're into. Plenty of quaint New England towns and villages within easy driving distance if you want to do the touristy thing and soak up the atmosphere.
Always have time for a bit of local culture/history

I'll bring my brolly too then
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:30 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Always have time for a bit of local culture/history

I'll bring my brolly too then
Aye, if you bring your brolly, snowshoes, sunscreen and beachwear you should have everything covered.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:33 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

turbulence or the plane does one of those things where it feels like it's dropping out of the sky and your ass lifts out of the seat.
thats the best bit of flying
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:36 am
live free or die

Originally Posted by Paul S
thats the best bit of flying
You sick sick man
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:48 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

You sick sick man
pfft.

last time I flew into Edinburgh there were mean winds blowing out of the west. As the aircraft turned southwest on finals it dropped a fair few feet in one go. Most people were screaming, i guess i was the only one thinking it was like a roller coaster ride. Plane landed fine, but a lot of times in those situations they tend to go around and have another go.

i actually quite like turblence
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

haha... i am laughing so much my sides are hurting!!! i came back from Paris yesterday, and there was a woman sitting next to my jump seat with her 6 year old child next to her. He was comforting her the whole way, she was having such a bad time of it! Didnt help when one certain old bag started chanting god only knows what when we were coming into land in Detroit! i thought she was going to get up and smack her in the face!

Off topic tho, where is the place where Princess Di died in Paris. I only had 27 hours there so didnt do too much, just the eifel and walked around a bit...but probably going again soon and would love to see where she was killed! And is it far from the Eifel Tower coz that is where they put us up for the layovers.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:33 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Originally Posted by Deedee13
Off topic tho, where is the place where Princess Di died in Paris. I only had 27 hours there so didnt do too much, just the eifel and walked around a bit...but probably going again soon and would love to see where she was killed! And is it far from the Eifel Tower coz that is where they put us up for the layovers.

just look for the Paris Sewer tour. Its in that area IIRC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.