I'm back.

Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:27 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm back.

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Hi Tracey

So glad the trip went well and helped you with the decision!

I know Ottery v well indeed. Am there at this moment as I type, just up from the church.
The tar barrels are the highlight of the Ottery calendar!
Did you go to Sidmouth too whilst here?
If you need any info about Tipton or anywhere, let me know and I'll help if I can.

All the best and you should be back for the autumnal colour -

My brother used to live in Budleigh Salterton and last Autumn we rented a cottage in East Budleigh.......lovely area.

Just like many places in the UK really

I do not know how so many people can go through life and not realise what they have right on their own doorstep.

G
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:34 pm
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

Hi Tracey,

really pleased that your trip home lived up to your expectations, must be such a relief to have the decision made

Deb xx
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:38 pm
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Grayling;598246

I do not know how so many people can go through life and not realise what they have right on their own doorstep.

G[/QUOTE]

I agree, you don't realise until it's gone.

Deb.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Really pleased that you enjoyed your stay,also that it has confirmed that you want to return.

I looked at the Ottery valley on the net and thought, like you Tracyw, what a beautiful place,just stunning. Also was very surprised as to the price of houses in the area, I was always under the impression that Devon was very expensive.

Have read a few posts on here that have said,in the summer months it's a nightmare trying to shop and park,don't know how true this is.

All the very best on your return Tracyw, and I am sure you will be very happy living in such a beautiful place
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:23 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Have read a few posts on here that have said,in the summer months it's a nightmare trying to shop and park,don't know how true this is.

:
Mmmm that is something I heard too, but, the way I look at it is this; we'll avoid the main public places where possible during the summer (July/Aug), we'll visit those in spring and autumn, we don't go to the beach here really so won't be worried about that in Devon. As for supermarket shopping, well, it'll get done when it gets done!

We have family in Exmouth who live a 5 mins walk from the beach and the town, so we'll go and park in their driveway and walk if we do decide to go to the beach. We'll have to learn the rat runs through the villages to avoid the main busy roads, and well basically....we'll have to adapt for those two months of the year 'cos I reckon living in Devon is worth the sacrifice!!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
My brother used to live in Budleigh Salterton and last Autumn we rented a cottage in East Budleigh.......lovely area.

Just like many places in the UK really

G
We've got family in Budleigh and yes, it's a lovely place.

Isn't it funny how you can live in a place all your life and not appreciate whats right under your nose? When I went back this time, it was as if I was looking at it with fresh eyes.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Mmmm that is something I heard too, but, the way I look at it is this; we'll avoid the main public places where possible during the summer (July/Aug), we'll visit those in spring and autumn, we don't go to the beach here really so won't be worried about that in Devon. As for supermarket shopping, well, it'll get done when it gets done!

We have family in Exmouth who live a 5 mins walk from the beach and the town, so we'll go and park in their driveway and walk if we do decide to go to the beach. We'll have to learn the rat runs through the villages to avoid the main busy roads, and well basically....we'll have to adapt for those two months of the year 'cos I reckon living in Devon is worth the sacrifice!!

Yes I agree, to live in such a lovely place,will make it all worth while. All the very best to you and your family. Keep in touch when you arrive home and lets know how you are getting on.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it funny how you can live in a place all your life and not appreciate whats right under your nose? When I went back this time, it was as if I was looking at it with fresh eyes.[/QUOTE]

Beautifully put Tracey.

I am so glad you had a wonderful time, and these next 7 months will fly now you have made the decision to go home. How is your hubby feeling about it? I only ask because he was like my hubby and wanted to stay.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nicola411
I am so glad you had a wonderful time, and these next 7 months will fly now you have made the decision to go home. How is your hubby feeling about it? I only ask because he was like my hubby and wanted to stay.
He's kind of resigned to the fact that we're going home. He's been on t'internet looking at jobs and houses etc, so he's showing willing!

I'm not saying he's jumping up and down with glee at the prospect of returning but he understands it's where I need to be and he just wants us all to be a happy family. And like he keep saying "Happy wife, happy life!" he's so right there
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

He's kind of resigned to the fact that we're going home. He's been on t'internet looking at jobs and houses etc, so he's showing willing!

I'm not saying he's jumping up and down with glee at the prospect of returning but he understands it's where I need to be and he just wants us all to be a happy family. And like he keep saying "Happy wife, happy life!" he's so right there
My OH is in UK at the moment. And he keeps emailing me houses on Rightmove, asking what I think....

Very lovely of him of course, but after about the gazillionth email I'm getting a bit cheesed off

He then suggested he just stays there and I pack up our lives here and follow on out! What with furniture, movers, schools, house, kids, flights - aarrgghh. No way. So I did what all sensible, self-respecting modern career women do..... and said no, I need him back here!!

(I think he was actually joking, but made me crawl a bit!)
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:27 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey you sound so happy

So pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that things are looking so positive for you.

Fab pics too!

Last edited by LouiseD; Feb 27th 2008 at 1:29 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:13 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

I am jealous girl a walkers paradise around there, what a beautiful part of the coast, and has someone has said you walk around blind to the beauty on your own doorstop, but going abroad for a few years does make you realise that the grass is definitely not greener
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Congratulations Tracey- must be a huge weight lifted off your shoulders deciding where to finally live ! Stay positive.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melaniee
Congratulations Tracey- must be a huge weight lifted off your shoulders deciding where to finally live ! Stay positive.
hey melaniee, how are you settling on sunshine coast? do you prefer it to perth?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Been reading up on all of your adventures Tracey!!1 so glad you enjoyed being back here, looks like you had a great adventure....

Do feel tho that house prices arnt dropping much, but there are some excellent deals out at the mo.

Will pm with my new address and phjone number, be great to meet up once your on home land again!!!

Kath and Gang....xxxx