Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I can't be bothered thinking a title up.

Wikiposts

I can't be bothered thinking a title up.

Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:08 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: I can't be bothered thinking a title up.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Shiregreen and surrounding areas.

My mum's family have a vault at Crooke's cemetery...or at least I think it's Crookes. Crookes used to be the driving test run when I was learning to drive.
plenty of places to practice a hill start!
our old motor used to be a bugger to start in the damp mornings so we always used to park facing downhill, you could coast along for miles if it weren't for other traffic
i wouldn't mind going back there but living a bit further out in to the peaks
if anywhere in the UK feels like home it would be there
rabbling on, sorry Nic
Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
plenty of places to practice a hill start!
our old motor used to be a bugger to start in the damp mornings so we always used to park facing downhill, you could coast along for miles if it weren't for other traffic
i wouldn't mind going back there but living a bit further out in to the peaks
if anywhere in the UK feels like home it would be there
rabbling on, sorry Nic
OMG that takes me back some years. I remember my BSM instructor taking me to Crookes...I couldn't turn a corner uphill in second...I had to change to first. Oh happy days.

Most of my adult life was spent in Chester before I came to the US...but yes deep down I'm a Sheffield girl. It's where I belong no matter how long I've been away.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 1st 2007 at 1:15 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:32 pm

OMG that takes me back some years. I remember my BSM instructor taking me to Crookes...I couldn't turn a corner uphill in second...I had to change to first. Oh happy days.

Most of my adult life was spent in Chester before I came to the US...but yes deep down I'm a Sheffield girl. It's where I belong no matter how long I've been away.
can't claim to be a Sheffielder (nor an anywhere else'er) but i did spend 5 memorable years there
Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

can't claim to be a Sheffielder (nor an anywhere else'er) but i did spend 5 memorable years there
How come...Sheffield Uni?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

The Slammer?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:51 pm

can't claim to have been clever enough for that place, no i was in with the under achievers at the poly
Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

can't claim to have been clever enough for that place, no i was in with the under achievers at the poly
Which college and when?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:12 pm

Which college and when?
Engineering IT at PF campus 92-94, then Computing Science 95-96 beside the Wards brewery i can still smell it now
why do you ask...
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Engineering IT at PF campus 92-94, then Computing Science 95-96 beside the Wards brewery i can still smell it now
why do you ask...
I used to work at a college...but before your time. What is PF campus?

I left Sheffield in the 70's.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear from you GG
Keep enjoying it
xxx
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:23 pm

I used to work at a college...but before your time. What is PF campus?

I left Sheffield in the 70's.
Ponds Forge, opp the station
i was just looking at the website, it's all changed so much since i left it's hardly recognisable
great city though, great people there too
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ponds Forge, opp the station
i was just looking at the website, it's all changed so much since i left it's hardly recognisable
great city though, great people there too
I haven't been back since the late 80's...but I will one day...
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:52 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear from you N and that you're both settling in OK.

(BTW Brisbane always looks so green from the air on the approach to the airport - but the City is still on level 5 water restrictions!)

Take care of yourselves and enjoy it all
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:58 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Found you It's all sounding great apart from living with rellies but that's not a good move whatever the situation. Sure it won't last long.

When you decide to move again don't forget to sign back in
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh but you've never experienced Henderson's have you? It's a secret between us Sheffielders.
True - I have a secret stash of around 7 bottles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.