Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I can't be bothered thinking a title up.

I can't be bothered thinking a title up.

Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:45 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default I can't be bothered thinking a title up.

Afternoon all (Jersey ),

Just thought I'd pop in with a quick update since we got back. We left Aus on the 21st (I think?) of July and spent just under one week in Hong Kong - that's a fab place; we had a great time. And we landed back at Heathrow on Friday morning just gone. Darling sister had arranged to collect us from the airport and drive us back to Sheffield, but had decided at the last minute that she couldn't be bothered actually coming to the arrivals' gate to collect us, which meant a mad scramble for money, changing money to coins, working out where a pay phone was and locating DS's mobile number in order to learn we had to go to meet her at a nearby hotel. Not easily done at 5.30 am after a long-haul flight. But that was the only thing to go wrong, so not too bad.

It's been glorious sunshine since we landed and quite warm - don't know where all this flooding is everyone's been moaning about. The old place looks great, too - it's so green. Such a stark contrast to the Australian landscape (which I am kinda missing. A little. But not that much. )

Have so far been enjoying warm beer (Waggledance heaven!), long, long summer evenings - I'd forgotten it's still light at nearly 10 pm! What else? Curry! <droooool> Wensleydale cheese. Henderson's relish. The usual suspects.

Mr GG has an interview tomorrow for a job in Manchester. Not sure he wants the job but it'll be good practice for him. There's also a few very promising looking applications in, so fingers crossed he'll be sorted for a job sooner rather than later. I managed to bring my job with me. (I hate it.) So that's some cash for the next month or so at least and it relieves some of the pressure to find a job.

Living with the outlaws is not ideal. That's all I'll say on that front.

Errrm, think that's about it. Coming back is like slipping into a favourite pair of slippers you'd forgotten about - comforting and familiar. I think we'll be quite happy here. Of course, it probably helps that we were quite happy here before we left for Aus, liked Aus and didn't leave there on bad terms. I think we'd be pretty happy wherever we lived, TBH. Gedge (if you read this) - home really is a place in your head you know.

My new laptop's just been delivered, so I'm off to play with that. Not sure how much I'll be checking in on BE in future. I'll try and stick around a bit. But there seems a lot to do over here and the real world seems more important at the moment - I'm kinda liking that.

Toodle pip,
GG
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can't be bothered thinking a title up.

Thank you for taking the time to post N. Life must be pretty hectic for you right now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Mr GG on the job front. Can't be much fun bunking up with family but it's a means to an end I suppose.

The first thing I always notice when I get out of Manchester Airport is everything is so green...a lush deep green. Like you said it's like putting on an old pair of slippers...it feels so comfortable.

I wish you both all the best...god I'm so envious of you being back in Sheffield. Take care and good luck.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear your news GG, thankyou all the best to you & your's.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:36 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear from you and glad things are going well. Pop in from time to time to keep us updated
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

great to hear your update, pleased all is going ok
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Great things are going so well for you. Warm beer.......slobber, drool Homer style !!!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:50 pm
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I can't be bothered thinking a title up.

Glad you've arrived home safely.

Good luck and happiness for the future
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:05 am

gedge has disabled reputation

thanks for the email
glad things are working out for you, hope Mr GG lines up a plum job
i'm envious of you enjoying all those delightfully British things like decent ale and cheese
i had wondered whether you'd be coming back to BE after the move, time will tell
take care, and save me a pint
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
thanks for the email
glad things are working out for you, hope Mr GG lines up a plum job
i'm envious of you enjoying all those delightfully British things like decent ale and cheese
i had wondered whether you'd be coming back to BE after the move, time will tell
take care, and save me a pint
Ahhh but you've never experienced Henderson's have you? It's a secret between us Sheffielders.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't help it ... kept singing this in me head while reading your post

Hope it's not too cheesy for ya!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpqBaPC0zfE
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ahhh but you've never experienced Henderson's have you? It's a secret between us Sheffielders.
assumptions are wonderful things JG
i used to cycle past Leavygreave Road regularly
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

assumptions are wonderful things JG
i used to cycle past Leavygreave Road regularly
In that case...welcome to the club.

Where did you used to live?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
In that case...welcome to the club.

Where did you used to live?
mostly Crookes, top of hill
and you?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:52 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for updating us GG, glad you're back safe and sound and are getting yourselves sorted. All the best, Sally xx
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

mostly Crookes, top of hill
and you?
Shiregreen and surrounding areas.

My mum's family have a vault at Crooke's cemetery...or at least I think it's Crookes. Crookes used to be the driving test run when I was learning to drive.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 2nd 2007 at 1:00 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.