Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I beat the volcano and made it !!!!!!!!!

I beat the volcano and made it !!!!!!!!!

Old May 7th 2010, 1:00 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I beat the volcano and made it !!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
I had a strange conversation at LAX check in. Wheres your green waiver slip says the check in guy as he swiped my passport.

Don't have / need one, I say, as I have a Immigrant Visa. Ok, so where is white I 94 (??) form. I don't have one I say as when I entered the USA I entered first time as immigrant. Doesnt matter, he says, you needed that form. I said that is odd as I went through two sets of immigration and neither mentioned it. He said, next time you come back, you will get put into secondary. This got me slightly concerned. I then went to another staff member and explained the process. She said, forget the first guy, if you didn't need the form, you didn't need it.
Don't worry about it. I had something similar the first time I flew back to the US, with a stamped IR1 in my passport, but without the plastic (which was waiting for me in TX). The woman on check in began by insisting that I needed an I94W. Then she switched to a white I94, despite me explaining that I needed neither. In the end I took one, just to shut her up, crumpled it up and shoved it in my pocket. Some folks are experts on everything, even when they're not.

Needless to say, it was no problem when I got to the other end. Sailed through immigration and got told "Welcome home".

Sorry about the crappy flight, BTW.
Old May 8th 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhat ironically, my LPR card arrived whilst I was flying home! Typical!

Very good administration though. SSN and GC arriving in two weeks from the POE.
Old May 8th 2010, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
Very good administration though. SSN and GC arriving in two weeks from the POE.
Be lucky you weren't doing this 10yrs or so ago. It took months to get the GC back then.
Old May 9th 2010, 6:34 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
Be lucky you weren't doing this 10yrs or so ago. It took months to get the GC back then.
Yeah it did. I also got 2 welcome letters because of 2 different computers systems being used back then too.
Old May 15th 2010, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

I booked my flight back to the US today.

Appropriately its on the 4th July. I like that.