I Am In America

Old Jan 26th 2005, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future
Default I Am In America

Hey folks.... I've finally arrived in the U.S and all is going well. Happy to finally be home... things are a lot diffrent and cheaper here.
Huge road compare to London and loads of big cars....
Going to apply for my driver's license and get on the AOS road..
Thanks a million and the journey continues!
Old Jan 26th 2005, 1:40 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I Am In America

Originally Posted by Myharris
Hey folks.... I've finally arrived in the U.S and all is going well. Happy to finally be home... things are a lot diffrent and cheaper here.
Hi:

Having been in London & Cornwall recently, I was surprised that CARS are pretty much the same size in both the US and UK. This was quite different from trips more than 20 years ago.

However, the US also has the vans and SUV's.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 2:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Having been in London & Cornwall recently, I was surprised that CARS are pretty much the same size in both the US and UK. This was quite different from trips more than 20 years ago.
It's all about driving...and being able to park...though having said that, I think I like having the huge extra space, can almost park sideways between the lines at walmart
Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It's all about driving...and being able to park...though having said that, I think I like having the huge extra space, can almost park sideways between the lines at walmart
Welcome to America, Myharris!!

Sadegh made comments the first few weeks he was here as to how amazing it is to see a HUGE parking lot with only like 3 cars in it and all the other spaces empty. LOL He couldn't get over the amount of parking space everywhere!!

Rene
Old Jan 26th 2005, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Hi:

Yep, that was one thing that was hard with English CarParks -- the spaces were so narrow. Everyone got out of the car and then you parked -- ingress and egress from the car itself was more of a problem than parking it.

BTW, for the sake of your manicure, give up manual transmissions. Expats either way learn that one fairly quickly.

As a Brit you can take on the air of superiority and say "Cheap petrol!" and most people will think you are nuts!
Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Myharris
Welcome to the States Myharris
Melody
Old Jan 29th 2005, 6:02 am
Jonathan McNeil Wong

Myharris wrote:
    > Hey folks.... I've finally arrived in the U.S and all is going well.
    > Happy to finally be home... things are a lot diffrent and cheaper here.
    > Huge road compare to London and loads of big cars....
    > Going to apply for my driver's license and get on the AOS road..
    > Thanks a million and the journey continues!
    >

Also remember we nutty Americans drive on the right side :)

(From one of the Americans who would indeed forget to look right in
London if the sidewalks weren't painted)

--
Above intended as general commentary, not specific legal
advice. Your mileage may vary.

================================================== =============
Jonathan McNeil Wong Voice: 510-451-0544
Donahue, Gallagher Woods LLP Facsimile: 510-832-1486
P.O. Box 12979 http://www.donahue.com
Oakland, CA 94604-2979 E-mail: [email protected]
================================================== =============