Reload this Page >

how things change in 24 hours

how things change in 24 hours

Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how things change in 24 hours

Originally Posted by fishfinger
Tracey, you read my mind! I was thinking just the same.

No bloody way would my hubby force me into a corner!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Hi Maggy

I'm just a bit confused as to why you should be the one to get out of the house and have to go back to the UK when you don't want to, leaving behind your son?

Have you been to a solicitor and obtained legal advice? If the house you're living in is the matromonial home, you surely have as much right as your husband to stay in it.

Don't mean to be nosey, and it's none of my business whatever financial position you're in, I just can't stand to see a woman being made to do something she really doesn't want to do, just because her hubby has decided he doesn't love her anymore.

I just hope everything works out for you, whatever you decide to do. Take care.

Rented accomodation and on my wage cant afford the rent
Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:30 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maggy
Mags. Not spoke for a while...then this!!
I don't know what to say. You were very supportive to me when i first came here. You understood how i was feeling.

I am so sorry to hear this news, it seems so unfair that you have to return to UK when you love it here. Why do you have to leave the house? Will your hubby not make compromises.

I hope something turns up so you don't have to leave in such horrible circumstances. Take care Mags.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:59 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Returning to Uk due to separating from OH things just not turned out how I had hoped.

Dont want things to turn nasty between us so have booked flights tonight and return on 14th june.

I will move into parents house to save money in order to eventually return to Perth as I love this pace but financial circumstances mean I cannot afford to rent a property on my own wages here.

It breaks my heart that my son Michael wants to remain here.

I spoke with my OH last night and he said his dream was to live in OZ and have his own business now he has achieved this its no longer enough for him and he wants more.

When I asked if he still loved me he said no as we have drifted too far apart.

So I guess I no longer fit in with his plans.

Its hard as we have only been married 15 months.

I still love and adore him and dont want to end up hating him so have decided the best thing to do is return to the UK.

Has anyone else went through this and how did they manage on returning to UK.

Cheers

Mags

Don't worry too much about your son.At 17 he might enjoy the scene in Australia for a few months or a couple years but at some point he'll begin to miss home and family.Let him soe his wild oates and in time he will pop back up on your door step in the uk.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 11:06 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh maggy, i absolutley shocked to read this, i have followed your journey, and saw the photos, also the journey with your daughter, i remember she was even stuck in an airport at one point,thought she was there as well, i cant believe it!!!!, how on earth has it went sooo wrong, is there no chance of reconcilation,

If i can do anything to help , please, please just ask, what abut a weekend in mellie, would that help, anything doll, please ask!!!!!

Maggie cant you move in somewhere with your son, it all seems a bit sudden

Last edited by Margaret3; Jun 5th 2007 at 11:10 am.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 11:10 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I really feel for you. You must be going through hell at the moment.

Keep strong xx
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:00 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I also can't see the need to move back or out the house if he wishes for the break up...if he wants to start this 'new life' he has to be the one to leave and support his old one...until you are on your feet if nothing else...

You are going to hate him anyway for making you leave your son behind once all this has sunk in ...so stay with your son in a place you like...get your share of the money...and then you can happily let him have his freedom...freedom comes with a price...
I wish you luck in what ever you do...
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
I know you don't drive so seriously if you need transport just PM me, I am more than willing to help if I can.
Hi, Have nothing to add really that has not been said other than is there no friends that would rent you a room till you get on your feet?

I really hope all works out for you. Onward and upward.

Also wanted to say to Northernbird....top bird for offering your 'physical' help if you know what i mean.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:38 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jempee
Hi, Have nothing to add really that has not been said other than is there no friends that would rent you a room till you get on your feet?

I really hope all works out for you. Onward and upward.

Also wanted to say to Northernbird....top bird for offering your 'physical' help if you know what i mean.
Thanks, as immigrants we are all in the same boat and I have had plenty of help in my time and have also given back to the expat community.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:26 pm
British New Yorker

veronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear these two sad stories. Surely the husband (of Maggie) has to leave the home and continue to pay the rent? Is the son, Michael the son of the husband (I see married for only months) I just wondered as if it is not he son he may move on from him too.

If you love it there Maggie, don't move, either have OH move out OR have him provide you with a small apartment and share the rent for it. Surely he could have no objection as he is the one who wants out of the relationship, he can't just ignore it ever was!!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veronica jayne
Sorry to hear these two sad stories. Surely the husband (of Maggie) has to leave the home and continue to pay the rent? Is the son, Michael the son of the husband (I see married for only months) I just wondered as if it is not he son he may move on from him too.

If you love it there Maggie, don't move, either have OH move out OR have him provide you with a small apartment and share the rent for it. Surely he could have no objection as he is the one who wants out of the relationship, he can't just ignore it ever was!!
i agree.. going home for a short time to return is going to cost u a small fortune, get ur hubby to help pay some rent for u , scale down a bit and just get the necessaties for now. Coming and going is not going to be the way to do it financially. Especially as one day u may find u have to stay in the uk becuase u cant afford to leave and then be unhappy.

He got u into the mess ur in, he can help get u out of it
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:34 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

awe maggie, you had been so quiet that i thought everything was going great
im really sorry that things havent worked out, but i have nothing to offer that hasnt been said by others.
your son will follow. being there with out his mum will make him change his mind.
have u spoken with close freinds around you?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

maggy hen, hows it gawn noo
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
maggy hen, hows it gawn noo
You sent me a lovely pm not so long back Maggy; if theres anything anyone can do, just shout. And I'm guessing that if she has moved out she may not be online now so if anyone's in touch with Maggy, let us know if she's ok
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:33 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You sent me a lovely pm not so long back Maggy; if theres anything anyone can do, just shout. And I'm guessing that if she has moved out she may not be online now so if anyone's in touch with Maggy, let us know if she's ok
I think she is good pals with Siren

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.