Wikiposts

How to remain positive?

Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to remain positive?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Just try to hang in there and keep those dreams alive in your mind. xxxx
Thats the trick I reckon, you find a way to keep the dreams alive, while making the best of where you have to be at the time.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:22 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thats the trick I reckon, you find a way to keep the dreams alive, while making the best of where you have to be at the time.
Exactly.

I am doing something similar now. I am dreaming of the day OH gets here and we have our own home. Whilst i appreciate being with my daughter and the grandchildren, I really want to settle in my own place. To keep me going and cheer myself up whilst convalescing from the pneumonia I have got myself a big packing box and take regular trips to the shops buying little nick nacks,kitchen utensils and do pleanty of window shopping for big items.

When i was stuck in Aus i would trawl property websites, research areas to live, look at all the new trends in UK and such like.#

I guess it might upset some people ding things like this, but i enjoy it
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Jandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really nice

Exactly.

I am doing something similar now. I am dreaming of the day OH gets here and we have our own home. Whilst i appreciate being with my daughter and the grandchildren, I really want to settle in my own place. To keep me going and cheer myself up whilst convalescing from the pneumonia I have got myself a big packing box and take regular trips to the shops buying little nick nacks,kitchen utensils and do pleanty of window shopping for big items.

When i was stuck in Aus i would trawl property websites, research areas to live, look at all the new trends in UK and such like.#

Oh this sounds very familiar!!! haha. But sometimes, I do think, Why the hell am i sat here looking at all this - i shoudl be out making the most of what is around me for now - so when i leave i have done everything possible.

i do enjoy it very much, but i sometimes wonder if that is why i feel i am still in limbo land. Too much daydreaming and wishing and hoping.................
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly.

Great to hear from you Flea and I think you are right. Every time I see a lovely little village on TV, I can picture myself back there! I do the odd property trawl and also check out the UK clothes all the time but I don't want to focus tooo much because then I just get more homesick, I need to find a happy medium!

I plan on going back every year now so I will have that to look forward to too (and to ensure the rose tints don't come creeping in too much).

Jeez,you've had some rotten luck since being back Flea but things can only get better eh? how much longer til hubby gets over? hope it's not long for you both. And how are the little ones? Is grandie's leg coming along nicely?
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:12 am
Just Joined

Location: Spain, Friend of Bill. I know a lot, but I know that I do'nt know all
prodigal is just really niceprodigal is just really niceprodigal is just really niceprodigal is just really niceprodigal is just really niceprodigal is just really niceprodigal is just really niceprodigal is just really niceprodigal is just really niceprodigal is just really nice
Cool Re: How to remain positive?

Hi Rabs, thanks for replying to my last post. I was perusing quite a few of your previous posts and I'm not in the business of taking anyones inventory, it is a waste of time ,'cos I cannot change one soul on this Earth.Now me?well i can change me and I never stop doing that, ODAAT.
I had enough of life one Saturday after 'another ' drink, ( 16th June '86, 2-30 in the afternoon) , I was sick and tired of being sick and tired of Life on Life's terms , so I surrendered there and then.This is not telling you what to do , but what I done. I turned my life around 180 degs. I'm not sayin it was easy , but
'it' got easier for me and also for the people that I thought I loved. I had to alter my attitudes and to put some caring and sharing into my thoughts. I thought that I was the Director of the Universe, and I had the answer to all the probs in Life.Then I was told , by a new friend " Why do'nt you shut the f**k up, you a**hole, you have 2 ears and 1 mouth , that should show you you should listen twice as much as you talk" there and then , slowly but surely I took these alien sugesstions on board and my life started to change ,'cos I had heard instead of listened for the first time as long as I could remember.You see Rabs, I thought for many years that it was the fault of many people in my life that had done me wrong, did'nt see my 'genius' , kept telling me the wrong things, etc, etc.I found out that 'they' only told me what 'they' knew, but I came to believe that that did not make it right.
I have been on this 'journey ' now for over 22 yrs , and I all began with the first step into FEAR, F**k everything and run. Of course I still have fear in my life today ( show me a human being without fear, and I will show you a corpse ) the fear I have in my life today is an acronymn thus, Face Everything And Recover. I am doing that just for one day, and my life is undescribably better. I have recovered from a state of mind and body that I was in on that Saturday in '86.Lok you can tell me where to go if you like but seeing all the things you share and the title of this thred , well I thought maybe I could add my tuppence worth to it and tell you a little of my experience ,strength and hope .I can do anything for 12 hours , if I thought i had to do it for the rest of my life , it would appall me.
Am I a philosopher, No, do I like philosophy, yes I love life and Life is not fair at all, I love living, I love people no matter what race or creed, I have a rigt to be and so have they. I did'nt create this beautiful world , and I do'nt help in anyway to destry it either. I do'nt feel guilty for one thing i did in my past,
( and there have been many ) cos' I have made amends where needed and if there are any more to make I am 100 per cent willing to make them .I love my wife and all my children and my grandkids, but I cannot live their lives, I can hold their hearts , but not their minds, ( Kahlil Gibran, " The Prophet " )
I do'nt only walk the walk , I talk from the heart and the wisdom of many people I meet in my daily life.Tears are the water of growth, nothing much grows today without Agua y Sol , and I allow my nearest and dearest , plus any soul that I encounter to do that.I am Spiritual being , having a homan experince in life as it is today.. Am I always happy/no , am I always contented/no But I have never had a 'bad ' day, some are better than others.
God never made s**t, never has nor never will , but he made a few mistakes and I meet them on my road to happy destiny, nearly every day.
I will end tis tome with a little light banter. I live in Southern Andalucia, now when we upped sticks and moved here I was asked how I got on with the Spanish people.( I am Irish by the way ) I answeres thus." I get on with them well, 'cos they are just like the Iris, they can look you in the eye , smile at you , and tell you lies"
Hasta luego mi amigos
Vay con Dios