Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

How long does it take furniture to arrive back? Oz to UK

How long does it take furniture to arrive back? Oz to UK

Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default How long does it take furniture to arrive back? Oz to UK

For all you that have already done it, how long did it take for you to get your stuff back?

Mandy
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:14 am

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long does it take furniture to arrive back? Oz to UK

We got told 6 - 8 weeks from NZ.

Friends had a sole use container and theres did take only 8 weeks.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:44 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scrawni
For all you that have already done it, how long did it take for you to get your stuff back?

Mandy

Ours took 8 weeks from Perth to the UK
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:19 pm
Deb+Chris

Aye.. took 7 weeks then a week through customs... messed us about a bit there too!! used Crown who messed up the paperwork and caused us grief but that's another story!!

That was from NZ to Manchester UK by the way.

Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Thanks guys,

Our stuff is going on its journey on the 29th of this month. Its all come round so quickly!

Another thing I was wondering was, heading out to the uk we had to be really carefull about cleaning the bike shoes etc, didn't even bother to take the lawnmower! So, is there anything that i shoud worry about heading the other way?

Mandy
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:46 pm
Deb+Chris

Originally Posted by scrawni
Thanks guys,

Our stuff is going on its journey on the 29th of this month. Its all come round so quickly!

Another thing I was wondering was, heading out to the uk we had to be really carefull about cleaning the bike shoes etc, didn't even bother to take the lawnmower! So, is there anything that i shoud worry about heading the other way?

Mandy
Not a sausage.... take the lot.. dust, dirt, muck. the Uk aint proud lol... ha ha

Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers, thanks for that! So the second hand lawnmower can come with us!

Have any of you brough back any unexpected stow-aways in your container?

We brought back a strange looking spider when we went to brisbane for a holiday a couple of years back. I don't think they will last long 'cause of the cold weather.

The though of bringing a cockroach back ugh! Hate them, hate them, hate them :scared:

One think I will be happy about is not having to worry about the bugs anymore, I never venture into the garage here. And, not having to wear tons of insect repellant is a plus for me

Mandy