Hot back home.

Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hot back home.

I see there suffering bank home with the heat. Yes we moan but back home who has air conditioning in there house's Even the Unions have stepped in and said you dont have to go to work all suited & booted.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:42 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hot back home.

Yeah, everyone I talk to back home says it's scorching! My mum's house is great for hot weather, she has steel girders running through it & it's seems to keep the house nice & cool, the concrete floor helps too!
Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
she has steel girders running through it & it's seems to keep the house nice & cool, the concrete floor helps too!
Most prisons are built that way .......
Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
I see there suffering bank home with the heat. Yes we moan but back home who has air conditioning in there house's Even the Unions have stepped in and said you dont have to go to work all suited & booted.

yep it was pretty hot when i was there....mid 80's for lots of days, so much for escaping to surrey for some cool weather...still, at least my little brit car has a/c...some nights i even thought of sleeping in it....
Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:52 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Most prisons are built that way .......
Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yep it was pretty hot when i was there....mid 80's for lots of days, so much for escaping to surrey for some cool weather...still, at least my little brit car has a/c...some nights i even thought of sleeping in it....
Thats what I thought when I was home, I packed to much winter stuff If I was there now, I would be hiding down in the Pub's cellar
Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

If I was there now, I would be hiding down in the Pub's cellar

sounds good to me
Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:58 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I love the way the nation grinds to a halt when the weather isn't its usual self.
2 inches of snow and buses and trains are cancelled, schools close and you get to leave early from work. Now it gets a bit hot and everyone panics and doesn't go into school or work! Ah, Britain + weather = Great Britain.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sarah
I love the way the nation grinds to a halt when the weather isn't its usual self.
2 inches of snow and buses and trains are cancelled, schools close and you get to leave early from work. Now it gets a bit hot and everyone panics and doesn't go into school or work! Ah, Britain + weather = Great Britain.
oh so true lol....and soon there will be no trains due to 'leaves on the track'...
Old Jul 18th 2006, 8:05 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

Karma sent.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 8:06 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

the wrong sort of leaves, possibly blown in from the Continent, that refuse to behave like indigenous leaves.

Bloody hot and miserable here. Yes, it is Texas, but it doesn't make 102F any easier. Everyone is cross, the landscape is brown, and all I want to do is have siestas and cold drinks.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 8:13 pm
Back where I belong!

I have a very happy memory of when it was snowing in Oxfordshire in early 2004. I worked in Oxford city centre, everyone was trying to go home & their cars were sliding all over the place, even though they were only inching along, due to the long tail backs. I decided to stay late at work & get paid, rather than leave & be stuck in traffic not getting paid! My boss decided to do the same & he stayed with me, I needed some dinner, so I told him I was walking to the shop. He offered to go for me, but I was determined to go, so he walked me down to the shop because he was worried that I would slip over! I miss my friends so much!
Old Jul 18th 2006, 8:24 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile, 50% of the populace is either vacationing in (or wishing they were) or trying to move to Flordia or Spain...where it's hot as hell.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:11 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the West Midlands, where they've said that we'' reach 37º tomorrow :scared:
Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Drebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of light

Bastards! I have four summers on the trot living by the beach in the UK, and four straight summers of crap weather. Of course it decides to be good once I leave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.