Hot back home.

Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:46 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hot back home.

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Mmmm I could just eat a Kebab now..when do u leave the Uk then..?
Oh man can you taste it............
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:39 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
I see there suffering bank home with the heat. Yes we moan but back home who has air conditioning in there house's Even the Unions have stepped in and said you dont have to go to work all suited & booted.

When I was home 2 weeks ago it was in the upper 80's low 90's and pretty stiffling! It does suck when you're in a house (or car) with no air-con or fans, especially for a child who has no idea why it's so warm when he's trying to sleep! (I do have to say though, it was bloody lovely! ) And to see all the pubs with their red and white bunting and everyone sitting outside on the lawns with their drinks basking in the sun made me want to refuse to get on a plane back to the US.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blaze
When I was home 2 weeks ago it was in the upper 80's low 90's and pretty stiffling! It does suck when you're in a house (or car) with no air-con or fans, especially for a child who has no idea why it's so warm when he's trying to sleep! (I do have to say though, it was bloody lovely! ) And to see all the pubs with their red and white bunting and everyone sitting outside on the lawns with their drinks basking in the sun made me want to refuse to get on a plane back to the US.

pleased you enjoyed your trip...yep i was over there at that time also and the camaraderie due to the world cup was brill and the hot weather made everyone get out and about, the pubs were buzzing....wouldn't have missed it for the world
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:49 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
pleased you enjoyed your trip...yep i was over there at that time also and the camaraderie due to the world cup was brill and the hot weather made everyone get out and about, the pubs were buzzing....wouldn't have missed it for the world

I know, lovely wasn't it! I wasn't even supposed to be home then as it was a last minute decision to go, I'm so glad I did though, I had a brilliant time. Problem is now though, all I can think about is being home! It's made being back here quite tough for me.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I know, lovely wasn't it! I wasn't even supposed to be home then as it was a last minute decision to go, I'm so glad I did though, I had a brilliant time. Problem is now though, all I can think about is being home! It's made being back here quite tough for me.

chin up brit girl ........i know it's pretty dismal coming back but then just look fwd to your next trip.....
Old Jul 19th 2006, 2:26 pm
Blondie22

Originally Posted by TruBrit
chin up brit girl ........i know it's pretty dismal coming back but then just look fwd to your next trip.....

I know, I'm already planning it (in my head that is! ).
Old Jul 19th 2006, 2:49 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

My mama says she's been running around in her birthday suit. It is into the early 40's Celsius with no a/c of course...one reason I never go over there in July/August.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:13 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Sarah, my 13-year-old is running around the house yelling "Bender, Bender, Bender."

Last time I'm letting her have a look at Expats.
The effect I have on children is the reason I don't have any
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:33 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah, my 13-year-old is running around the house yelling "Bender, Bender, Bender."

Last time I'm letting her have a look at Expats.
That's a bit rude, Sarah is not a Bender, she is lovely I'll have you know, wow some people.

Last edited by Partystar; Jul 19th 2006 at 3:35 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:34 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Please stop, you are going to make me cry...
Old Jul 19th 2006, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Same here Girl, but chin up and push on Us Brit's are made of strong stuff.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:07 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
The effect I have on children is the reason I don't have any
She thinks you're the Coolest.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 8:11 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

She thinks you're the Coolest.
Poor deluded youngster.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 8:11 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Poor deluded youngster.
Hey, an uneducated compliment is still a compliment.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 11:22 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
The highest UK temperature ever recorded was 38.5C (101.3F) in Faversham, Kent, on August 10, 2003.
That's right they mentioned that on the news earlier. They were also saying that today we had the highest temperature recorded in July. (37)

Mind you.. they say a lot of funny things in the news. Last week they said on the radio "Today we'll have {i don't remember how many ÂșC} it will be warmer than Brazil" isn't it winter in Brazil right now!?