Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Homeward Bound.... at last I hear you cry!!!!

Homeward Bound.... at last I hear you cry!!!!

Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:51 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homeward Bound.... at last I hear you cry!!!!

Originally Posted by tiamobrit1
I agree, it is about individuality. I have lived here in the USA for 20 yrs, I am 59 , a retired nurse with 2 adopted children. I miss the UK so much, but having worked in Hospitals and nursing homes , there is no way I want to end my days in either over here. I was a nurse in the UK and unlike here , I would not dream of letting someone wait for a bed-pan over an hour! All this , "that's not my patient crap". I know my standard of living will be nothing like I have here , but how many bathrooms do we really need?
Anyway, could someone help me with something, I have just started this process of moving back. Both my British and US passports have expired , do I need both and do my kids need both ? I am planning in moving in about a year , providing I sell my house. I have no family back in the UK, but I am returning for the friendliness of the people. Any tips and info will be greatly appreciated.
Join the 50's and 60's thread on here for LOTS of info for us older ex-pats going home - you will feel right at home and learn so much.

See ya over there..............

Barb
Old Apr 1st 2010, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

mattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nice
Default Re: Homeward Bound.... at last I hear you cry!!!!

Originally Posted by Droidling
Yes I have lived in NZ for 4yrs (AUCK and CHCH),have dual citizenship travelled extensively in OZ and worked in Brisbane for a year. My Ex girlfriend of the time,in her infinite wisdom decided we should come 'home'.
I can't move from Cheshire as I'm in a dead end IT job,(mainframe engineer) which pays well but owns me. I'm an outdoors type and the frustration comes in when you try and do something here in the miniscule amount of free time you get. Either it's too difficult to get where you want to (every Joe Bloggs and Spit the dog has the same idea) or the weather is cack. NZ seemed to me to have the best lifestyle but I appreciate it has been 10 years since I left and my career choice will stand me no chance in the job market over there.
So yes I have seen both sides of the coin,and am probably one jump ahead of all you people so willing to slag me off at a moments notice.
Best of luck on those who decide to come back here,you're going to need it.
Your not much of an outdoors type if the weather stops you !!