Home a week

Old May 26th 2010, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home a week

Originally Posted by dunroving
Do you have a return date yet?
No, not yet Still working on it.

How about you?
Old May 26th 2010, 5:37 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marmalade
No, not yet Still working on it.

How about you?
I'm praying for fall 2011 now ... as you know, educational jobs are cyclical/seasonal, and uni positions are all but done for the year.

If any of your travel plans involve routing through Glasgow let me know and I'll be happy to buy you a cuppa and give you a lift anywhere you need.
Old May 26th 2010, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
I'm praying for fall 2011 now ... as you know, educational jobs are cyclical/seasonal, and uni positions are all but done for the year.

If any of your travel plans involve routing through Glasgow let me know and I'll be happy to buy you a cuppa and give you a lift anywhere you need.
Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind
Old May 27th 2010, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chance to be
Hi J

So pleased you sound so upbeat - Coming back to this improved weather certainly must help. You have my number so be sure to text me and let me know how you are getting on.

Really happy for you - stay in touch and Im sure the confused expats on here would love another update.

Love to you

C xxx
Hi, I will text soon.....I have not even had time to visit my Oh family or even my sister yet....and they are not far away, I am spending a lot of time though trying to find a rental...they seem as rare as hen's teeth at the moment which is just my luck....my OH who is still in Aus has said buy if you cannot find anything decent.....alas I really want to have a good look around first to visit new areas etc.....that and our furniture is arriving much sooner that I was told it would....we had our first drop of rain last night but other than that the weather has been good. Okay have to go as I have sneaked on my dads computer....lol..like being a teenager again (oh don't I wish..lol)
All the best
Jxx
Old May 27th 2010, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midgetjan
Glad to hear you are happy to be home.

It's 6 months (and 2 days) since we came back and I must admit I have never once been sorry.

I wish you all the best with your house hunting etc. Take time to breathe and enjoy it all.

Keep smiling and remember we are the lucky ones
Really glad J your all happy....I remember your first thread back..ie...furniture arriving...etc....same for me now....groan...and still have not find a rental....but so gar glad to be home...our sons are enjoying themselves and cannot wait to start earning some money form part time work as they just love the clothes and concerts (sorry gigs....lol) that they can go to here...went to Llandudno in North Wales last friday for the day with my dad and it was lovely....trying to slip in a few nice days out now and again while we can....but really just trying to get a rental which seems to take up a lot of my time....something will come along though.....bank holiday this weekend so arranging some family time together...
take care
J
Old May 27th 2010, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quoll
Good to hear from you Brits! So glad that you havent been disappointed by first impressions and hope that all the house hunting goes brilliantly!

Looking forward to your updates!
Hi Quoll, my first impressions was how friendly people were....then how green everywhere was and the birds twittering all day and seems to be most of the night...lol....enjoying being home and appreciating what we missed....how's the wedding going? I saw a lovely hat the other day at the Trafford Centre and though of you....
take care and thank you to everyone for your good wishes.....