British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Home a week (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/home-week-668752/)

brits1 May 18th 2010 12:50 pm

Home a week

Hi everyone, just popped in to the local library to use the computer as we still do not have our own one to use. Our stay in Hong Kong was just lovely...sad to leave my Oh while he returned to Perth but it will not be long until we are all back together.....what can I say....it's lovely we have had nothing but lovely help both from family and friends and complete strangers from the check out assistants in supermarkets (the choice, price amazing) to the local postie stopping for a chat....the weather has been fine...cold in the mornings and evenings but that certainly does not bother us, we pick up our car tomorrow and are currently looking for rentals....I really want to say that we are just so pleased to be back home...went into Manchester on Saturday, the place was vibrant...just amazed what the have done again with the city in the two years since we have been here...is it full of glum people certainly the opposite, we have not laughed so much in years....are we being mugged or feel threatend....nope.....it it all doom and gloom just the opposite....so far we are pleased as punch to be home....have I thought of Perth...no not at all but then I never did on our visits home....our boys are like they use to be...just smiley and happy to be home with their friends and family......okay have to go before our food melts in the car...yes it is that hot here today....
Take care and I will be intouch (groan do I hear you all say..lol) asap.

Basil Brush May 18th 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Home a week

Originally Posted by brits1 (Post 8573223)
Hi everyone, just popped in to the local library to use the computer as we still do not have our own one to use. Our stay in Hong Kong was just lovely...sad to leave my Oh while he returned to Perth but it will not be long until we are all back together.....what can I say....it's lovely we have had nothing but lovely help both from family and friends and complete strangers from the check out assistants in supermarkets (the choice, price amazing) to the local postie stopping for a chat....the weather has been fine...cold in the mornings and evenings but that certainly does not bother us, we pick up our car tomorrow and are currently looking for rentals....I really want to say that we are just so pleased to be back home...went into Manchester on Saturday, the place was vibrant...just amazed what the have done again with the city in the two years since we have been here...is it full of glum people certainly the opposite, we have not laughed so much in years....are we being mugged or feel threatend....nope.....it it all doom and gloom just the opposite....so far we are pleased as punch to be home....have I thought of Perth...no not at all but then I never did on our visits home....our boys are like they use to be...just smiley and happy to be home with their friends and family......okay have to go before our food melts in the car...yes it is that hot here today....

Hi Brits,

Really good to hear that you are loving being back - I heard that it was really warm today over there - I think you've picked a great time to return as the Summer is about to begin.

I AM QUITE ENVIOUS MY DEAR!!!! :)

Good luck with the rental hunting - keep us posted as we need to hear updates :thumbup:

quoll May 18th 2010 4:10 pm

Good to hear from you Brits! So glad that you havent been disappointed by first impressions and hope that all the house hunting goes brilliantly!

Looking forward to your updates!

sallysimmons May 18th 2010 6:37 pm

Great to hear from you! How great that you are loving everything so much - put a smile on my face :)

pinkkristen May 18th 2010 7:41 pm

That is great news, its always a worry that you'll step off the plane and think uh oh!! To have to opposite is positive news for the others that are confused about what to do (like myself!!)

I'm going back to Leeds this summer and i can't wait to see a bit of buzz and atmosphere again!

good luck on resettling. Enjoy!!

Pollyana May 19th 2010 9:13 am

Great to hear it feels good :thumbup: Best of luck and keep us posted!

pcmaccallum May 19th 2010 7:18 pm

So happy for you and your family :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chris:)

terese677 May 19th 2010 10:33 pm

that sounds wonderful:thumbsup:

LIBBY May 20th 2010 2:59 am

So happy you are Happy:thumbsup:

LibbyX

Beedubya May 20th 2010 3:18 am

Great to hear from you Brits, so happy that it's all working our for you.

Good luck with the rental. :thumbsup:

chance to be May 21st 2010 4:22 pm

Hi J :)

So pleased you sound so upbeat - Coming back to this improved weather certainly must help. You have my number so be sure to text me and let me know how you are getting on.

Really happy for you - stay in touch and Im sure the confused expats on here would love another update.

Love to you

C xxx

midgetjan May 22nd 2010 5:19 pm

Glad to hear you are happy to be home.

It's 6 months (and 2 days) since we came back and I must admit I have never once been sorry.

I wish you all the best with your house hunting etc. Take time to breathe and enjoy it all.

Keep smiling and remember we are the lucky ones :):D

Marmalade May 22nd 2010 7:23 pm

No groans from me - a wonderful update....keep them coming:D

welshstevey May 26th 2010 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Marmalade (Post 8583177)

Good to see returnees settling so well, we depart New Zealand hopefully within the next 6 months to return to North Wales after 3 years...been an up and down experience, really looking forward to getting home

dunroving May 26th 2010 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Marmalade (Post 8583177)

Do you have a return date yet? :fingerscrossed: