Help from Spain!

Old Jan 7th 2015, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Jamiekbarnes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help from Spain!

I have been living in Spain for 7 years with my parents (having moved here when I was only 13) however due to lack of work I am looking to move back to the UK with a friend.
We've never made such a big leap before by ourselves and don't know how to go about it first? We can't both make any commitments as of yet as we both have probably just short of a month more of studying/practicing for our driving test.
Also only one of us has a National Insurance Number, not quite sure how we go about getting one although I have looked online. Both UK passports but residents of Spain?
Would also appreciate on any advice on where abouts to move to (reasonable rent prices mainly) as we both have family and friends throughout the midlands - portsmouth areas.
Would it be advisable to book a place to rent in say a months time or book interviews with companies as of yet?
Could really do with the advice!
Many thanks, Jamie.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help from Spain!

Hello
You can read how to apply for a NI number here:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number
You should consider what sort of job you are looking for and then where you are likely to find such work.
The UK is not in such a big mess as Spain but it still has millions unemployed.
You may find it difficult to be considered for employment until you are actually in the country.
You may have problems in renting a flat unless you can provide a deposit and show that you have an income that will cover the rent.
It may be possible for you to stay with a relative or they may be able to act as a guarantor for the rent.
Good luck