Help - Linda 1/Max

Old Dec 10th 2004, 8:12 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help - Linda 1/Max

Hi Linda

Tried to send you a pm but was sent to your old email address here in NZ and then returned as you are now in sunny Scotland LOL

Can you pls get in touch re contacts that you used taking your dog back to Scotland. Have spoken to Emirates Cargo but was wondering if you wouldnt mind talking me through the process that you and hubby went through.

Thought we had the Pet Passport sorted but its getting very stupid.

Cheers

Scottish
x
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:02 pm
Linda Max

Default Re: Help - Linda 1/Max

Hi Scottish, sorry I've taken so long, hubby and I went to Germany for a little Christmas trip, did some shopping and had a really nice time. Cost us next to nothing for flights, about 20 pounds return. Something for you to look forward to. Unreal to fly for 70 mins. and be in a different country, I had forgotten what a benefit it was to live in Europe.
Anyway I replied on your thread 'taking dog back to UK' a while ago with all the details, for jim the chin, check through it and if you need anything else just let me know.
I hope things get sorted out for you, and they will be fine if you do what we did. It was very quick and simple, and Bria is already into her 3rd month of quarantine. She has a beautiful full coat of hair now that she is here and colder and not shedding her coat all the time like she did in NZ, she looks really good.
Talk to you again soon,
Linda xx

Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:08 pm
Linda Max

Scottish, can you help us with the tax refund situation, we never applied for one, I'm in the chat room

Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Linda Max
Hi Scottish, sorry I've taken so long, hubby and I went to Germany for a little Christmas trip, did some shopping and had a really nice time. Cost us next to nothing for flights, about 20 pounds return. Something for you to look forward to. Unreal to fly for 70 mins. and be in a different country, I had forgotten what a benefit it was to live in Europe.
Anyway I replied on your thread 'taking dog back to UK' a while ago with all the details, for jim the chin, check through it and if you need anything else just let me know.
I hope things get sorted out for you, and they will be fine if you do what we did. It was very quick and simple, and Bria is already into her 3rd month of quarantine. She has a beautiful full coat of hair now that she is here and colder and not shedding her coat all the time like she did in NZ, she looks really good.
Talk to you again soon,
Linda xx
Hi Linda
Thanks for responding.

Your trip to Germany sounds brilliant, we are off to Italy in May, with hubbys work, cant wait culture and lovely food ha ha.

Read through thread again and picked up alot of info.

Couple of questions, if you dont mind. Did you use Emirates direct and what was the process of taking the dog to the airport. Did you have to deal with MAF yourselves. We have applied for the Export Cert so should be here anyday now. I am going to call Milton Quarantine on Friday to discuss the process with them etc. If you didnt use Emirates did you use a Pet Handler at the airport.

Jim the Chin aka John left NZ yesterday along with their dog Jar Jar. He sent me a few emails last week and the whole family are on cloud 9, they have been wanting to return for years but now they have the money too.

Thanks again for your help.

xx

ps looks like Bria and our dog will be kennel buddies ha ha
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:18 pm

Linda I have had problems trying to get into the chat room.

For a tax refund call them or go onto their website and download forms or you can email them to have them sent to you. www.ird.govt.nz. All you have to do is complete 2 x forms one confirming you have left the country and the other giving your tax info. They then ask for proof that you have left or are leaving the country. The guy at IRD reckons on hubbys earnings since April to Jan he will receive a tax refund of about $4k!!!! I have just sent my forms off so sorry I dont have the numbers, one form is called an IR3.

Pm me and I can give you my email address if you want.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:18 pm
Linda Max

just missed you in chat room, will try again when I finish this.
We dealy with emirates direct, and we took Bria up to the airport ourselves, and handed her over to staff. Milton kennels picked her up, everything was very smooth.
Is Jim's dog in Milton?