Help!Homesick

Old Sep 29th 2007, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

kingsbury is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help!Homesick

Hi I'm very homesick to,we moved to Tauranga NZ 2 yrs this november and to be honest I can't settle and want to go back but having 2 teenagers,boy 16 and girl 14 it will be very difficult to go back now because of they exams,if I go back now they will have no qualifications so i'm sort of stuck here,don't really know what to do! but i do feel for you and i hope things get better for both of us.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:36 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingsbury
Hi I'm very homesick to,we moved to Tauranga NZ 2 yrs this november and to be honest I can't settle and want to go back but having 2 teenagers,boy 16 and girl 14 it will be very difficult to go back now because of they exams,if I go back now they will have no qualifications so i'm sort of stuck here,don't really know what to do! but i do feel for you and i hope things get better for both of us.
Do not think that your kids' ages are a reason not to move back!

We moved to the US with boys aged 13 and 16 - and despite the very different school systems they managed to graduate from high school and are now at college.

They may lose a year perhaps, but in the grand scheme of things, that is nothing!

How do they feel about returning - and their father?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:11 am
Just Joined

jilla411 is a name known to alljilla411 is a name known to alljilla411 is a name known to alljilla411 is a name known to alljilla411 is a name known to alljilla411 is a name known to alljilla411 is a name known to alljilla411 is a name known to alljilla411 is a name known to alljilla411 is a name known to alljilla411 is a name known to all

Hi i know exactly how you feel we,ve been here nearly 5 months now and for the last 2 me and my 15 year old son have wanted to return,My OH is also not big on the supporting side and he too has whinged at the what it has cost him,if we go back.I have adamantly told him that i can,t do it any longer and need to go home,all he does is ignore me and then i think he must think that it will go away.I,ve missed my nephews wedding,my aunty has just died and now my Dad is in hospital due to have an operation.I do not have any money or the flights would have been booked by now.I feel more trapped than ever.I need to get my son back to the Uk and back in school it,s his last year.What can i do?someone has told me that as we are on a 457 visa his company have to pay for us to return to the UK-i don,t know how that stands if he,s not coming back with us.I,ve e-mailed his company but have not yet had a reply.i don,t not how lomg i can take this.I hate it here.By the way i,m in Mackay,Qld and it,s sooooo boring.I also have a 2 year old daughter and if it wasn,t for her i don,t think i would of been able to force myself out of bed for the last 2 months.good luck hope you sort it out.I can get flights for the 16th october but have no cash to pay for them hope you have better luck at getting HOME..
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:36 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jilla411
Hi i know exactly how you feel we,ve been here nearly 5 months now and for the last 2 me and my 15 year old son have wanted to return,My OH is also not big on the supporting side and he too has whinged at the what it has cost him,if we go back.I have adamantly told him that i can,t do it any longer and need to go home,all he does is ignore me and then i think he must think that it will go away.I,ve missed my nephews wedding,my aunty has just died and now my Dad is in hospital due to have an operation.I do not have any money or the flights would have been booked by now.I feel more trapped than ever.I need to get my son back to the Uk and back in school it,s his last year.What can i do?someone has told me that as we are on a 457 visa his company have to pay for us to return to the UK-i don,t know how that stands if he,s not coming back with us.I,ve e-mailed his company but have not yet had a reply.i don,t not how lomg i can take this.I hate it here.By the way i,m in Mackay,Qld and it,s sooooo boring.I also have a 2 year old daughter and if it wasn,t for her i don,t think i would of been able to force myself out of bed for the last 2 months.good luck hope you sort it out.I can get flights for the 16th october but have no cash to pay for them hope you have better luck at getting HOME..
Sorry to hear of your situation. If it's just a matter of finding the cash to fly home, I'm sure you can find that somehow - even if it means taking on debt. However, would your husband even let you take the kids back? That's the first thing you need to sort out.