HELP!!!!

Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

natslanding is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!!!

Hi, not sure if i'm in the right forum but someone mentioned this site to me and i'm in desperate need of professional help or someone that knows about marriage visas.

The story goes.....My girlfriend (british born, resident) and I (Aussie) want to settle in the UK. My work permit just expired and there isn't any way for my girlfriend and I to be together but to get married, we've been together less than a year. We have decided to marry in the Philippines to get rid of all the hassle of fiancee visa and one big part of the process of myself trying to get back in the UK. Basically I have a few question once we're married in the Philippines

1.Am I able to lodge the marriage visa through the UK embassy or immigration in the Philippines??

2.How long does is it roughly take to process this? I heard it will take about 6-8months, thats just absurd!!

3.Is there a faster way of getting this fast track??

4.I also heard that once we get to the UK we need to be living in our own than a sharedhouse??

On a personal note to the home offices around the world..Immigration control for marriage visas is just ridiculous, i agree that control is required but damn, this is really burning relationships across the world esp. travellers who meet other travellers in the countries. If the process really takes 6-8 months, thats how long i won't see my future wife, she lives in london and i'm in sydney, its too expensive to travel to and from there. We're both part of the same commonwealth, same queen, so rules should be bent if both parties are involved. Sorry frustration coming out!!! Have not seen my girlfriend in a month!!!!

Any information would be great!
Thank you.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by natslanding
Hi, not sure if i'm in the right forum but someone mentioned this site to me and i'm in desperate need of professional help or someone that knows about marriage visas.

The story goes.....My girlfriend (british born, resident) and I (Aussie) want to settle in the UK. My work permit just expired and there isn't any way for my girlfriend and I to be together but to get married, we've been together less than a year. We have decided to marry in the Philippines to get rid of all the hassle of fiancee visa and one big part of the process of myself trying to get back in the UK. Basically I have a few question once we're married in the Philippines

1.Am I able to lodge the marriage visa through the UK embassy or immigration in the Philippines??

2.How long does is it roughly take to process this? I heard it will take about 6-8months, thats just absurd!!

3.Is there a faster way of getting this fast track??

4.I also heard that once we get to the UK we need to be living in our own than a sharedhouse??

On a personal note to the home offices around the world..Immigration control for marriage visas is just ridiculous, i agree that control is required but damn, this is really burning relationships across the world esp. travellers who meet other travellers in the countries. If the process really takes 6-8 months, thats how long i won't see my future wife, she lives in london and i'm in sydney, its too expensive to travel to and from there. We're both part of the same commonwealth, same queen, so rules should be bent if both parties are involved. Sorry frustration coming out!!! Have not seen my girlfriend in a month!!!!

Any information would be great!
Thank you.
Are you living in Sydney or in the Philippines?
(I don't know the answers but this might help those that do)

Re your comment on migration control for Spouses - having gone through the process myself to move to Aus I can se what you're saying, but I think its one of those cases where strict controls are necesary because so many people have abused the system in many countries, with marriages taking place just to get visas.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP!!!!

Being part of an Aussie/English marriage to some extent I hear what you are saying - the visa situation is a P*I*T*A but, also, I know that marriages of convenience take place just to get people into a country that they really have no right to be in and that also irritates the heck out of me.

Anyway, that aside - dont suppose you have any way of getting an Ancestry visa to remain in your own right do you? Are either of your parents British born perhaps? Or grandparents? (Clutching at straws here!)

I am sure it will all be right in the end - after all, if it is 6 - 8 months, what is that in the scheme of a long and happy lifetime together?

Someone who knows the answers to your questions will be along soon I am sure.