Heading Home

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Munnsters Down Under is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heading Home

Our lease is up on 17 May, we either go then or before. Our stuff gets shipped back home this Thursday and to tell you the truth some of it wasnt even unpacked. We arrived here on 31 Oct 07, so by the time we go home it will be 7 months or there abouts.

When do you go? How long are you here and have you family?

It is hard going back , but it has to be done and thats that.

We did have a nice day today at the beach and on our inlaws boat but our 7 year old has no one to play with and her cousins here are 12, 14 and 16 and arent interested in playing with her. I feel so sorry for her. She never complains just counts the days until we go home.

Like us all
J
Old Mar 4th 2008, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

kelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond repute

crown relo coming to calculate shipping costs thursday, most of it is still in the boxes too!.....hopfully packing up just after easter, and leaving pretty much straight away. We are going to stop in Dubai to break the flight and jet lag up though, hubby is the worlds worst traveller, easier without him probably!

We are having to put our dog in Quarantine though for 5 months as we didn't get rabies jab in uk because we never though we'd be moving back, a real heart wrenching nightmare. It has come down to us or the dog, it's costing us too much to stay here as we have no money coming in.

Another one of those great hindsight moments!!

Have fun packing up, you will be so relieved when it's done!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelbelinoz
crown relo coming to calculate shipping costs thursday, most of it is still in the boxes too!.....hopfully packing up just after easter, and leaving pretty much straight away. We are going to stop in Dubai to break the flight and jet lag up though, hubby is the worlds worst traveller, easier without him probably!

We are having to put our dog in Quarantine though for 5 months as we didn't get rabies jab in uk because we never though we'd be moving back, a real heart wrenching nightmare. It has come down to us or the dog, it's costing us too much to stay here as we have no money coming in.

Hey, you're almost on the same timescale as us then (fingers crossed!). We were going end August, and now decided end April if can get all sorted - we thought if we're going anyway, why wait when can get back into UK spring etc etc.

It is so nerve wracking, all the things to sort out and hoping nothing goes pear shaped.....
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Priceless xxxxxx
can't wait to reunite kids when we get back, my eldest misses his cousin they are both 10, like he's been in mourning. He is so happy were going back....
We have now got to the stage where we can see things like "tastes"...my oldest son loves eating crisps a certain way.....our nephew the same way as well...we spotted this last night....they like the same food...hate mushrooms...love red meat but not keen on white meat....little things like that....it has been such a lovely time to witness these kinds of things....sounds silly to some I should imagine....and just how when our youngest laughs he looks just like his older cousin.......just lovely......we are all having a great time (we are shattered) our oldest nephew came over to Aus to get married (both he and his new wife had never been to Aus before)they wanted to share their wedding with us....now to me that's what life is all about...families.......and especially extended families....needles to say we will not be at their "Reception" in Manchester with 230 people attending but we will be there in mind.......
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are stopping in Dubai try the Le Meridien Dubai...not to far from the airport but it has a lovely outdoor entertaining area with a PUB!! and really good for the children (my husband use to work in Dubai) try the "Sundowner" it's really good.....you go into the desert in a 4 wheel they drive you over the dunes (a bit like a fun fair ride....it's up and down the dunes...and great fun) then the meal afterwards with "belly dancing" etc is just well worth it.....also Wild Wadi is a nice way to keep cool and has some good rides for the children....and ofcourse there are some great shopping malls but our boys love going to the Emirates one as they go Snow boarding there......good luck and I am sure you dog will be fine.....we left our dog for 2 months last year when we went back to Europe and I worried about her but she was fine...really fine......
Take care
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jojosan
Hey, you're almost on the same timescale as us then (fingers crossed!). We were going end August, and now decided end April if can get all sorted - we thought if we're going anyway, why wait when can get back into UK spring etc etc.

It is so nerve wracking, all the things to sort out and hoping nothing goes pear shaped.....
We have bee here in Aus for 10 years.....we have been home twice in that time for long holidays and I know we are doing the right thing but please believe me most of us find it nerve wracking....I just cannot wait to "wake up" and feel "normal" again.....(if ever was)...just so I can stop these worry lines and eye bags...at my age it just does you no good!!!! if I make any money out of our house sale...never mind on putting it in the bank...I have told my hubbie I need an eye job!!!!!!!
All the best and take care
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:07 am
Just Joined

How long have you been in Oz? Did you find any work?

I know I am and I felt like an imigrant for the one and only job I tried!! It was very difficult.

Today was grim, I had no car and no one to talk too. Im going to a yoga class in the morning so that will hopefully help.
I will celebrate my 38th birthday on Sat without my best friends, that is going to be so hard. They are all going out anyway for me!!

Right back to the packing!

J
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Have you sourced good prices for your flights?

Will you be glad to get back? How long are you in Oz?

We arrived at the end of October. Heading Home in and around middle May. We are toying with the idea of a stop over, just depends on the funds!!

j
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:22 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I can't believe how many Northern Irish people there are around in BE
Just wanted to say hi and good luck with moving back. We have been in Canada for 8 years and plan to move back this year. Where are you moving back to? I'm from Larne originally.
Was up in NI last weekend. Shame still lots of battered flags flying around Tyrone. Stayed in a superb hotel in Monaghan. Went to see father inlaws old town of Sparmount. Then over to Bundoran to watch the freezing surfers. Back to Dublin for oysters and Guinness in Davey Byrnes. Its a different country Ireland.

Gonna get there before u Elaine!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Munnsters Down Under
How long have you been in Oz? Did you find any work?

I know I am and I felt like an imigrant for the one and only job I tried!! It was very difficult.

Today was grim, I had no car and no one to talk too. Im going to a yoga class in the morning so that will hopefully help.
I will celebrate my 38th birthday on Sat without my best friends, that is going to be so hard. They are all going out anyway for me!!

Right back to the packing!

J

Hey at least there is light at the end of the tunnel for you. You'll have to do something really nice for your birthday anyway and take comfort in the fact that next year's will be a biggie!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Was up in NI last weekend. Shame still lots of battered flags flying around Tyrone. Stayed in a superb hotel in Monaghan. Went to see father inlaws old town of Sparmount. Then over to Bundoran to watch the freezing surfers. Back to Dublin for oysters and Guinness in Davey Byrnes. Its a different country Ireland.

Gonna get there before u Elaine!
Stop rubbing it in Can you imagine how I feel when my OH is there working and meeting our friends for drinks and I'm stuck here with 2 kids and the snow
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Best place in the world to be is with your kids!!

Enjoy them.

J
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Munnsters Down Under
Best place in the world to be is with your kids!!

Enjoy them.

J
Well of course and luckily I'm on Maternity leave at the moment and don't have to go to work. But my OH is in Japan for the next two weeks and I really am stuck in the house as I can't get the stroller out through the snow.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

joe38 will become famous soon enoughjoe38 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Heading Home

we came back end of may 2007 , we were in Australia for 5 months the work situating was so poor .Well looking back we wished we tried more ,we came back to uk starting all over again which was a struggle ,lots of brits do leave Australia then return again. I would try again but not sell my house ,it is a better place to bring up kids
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Oh pet you need a wee mate and a bit of adult conversation......where are you?

J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.