Heading Home

Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:52 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heading Home

Originally Posted by lukelizzie
We have got quotes from both a company called "Chess" and also Pickfords. We have got 43 cubic meters (quite a bit) and they quoted $12000 door to door. It takes about 8 weeks.
There is a thread on one of the other forums (can't remember if it's Australia or Barbie) saying that Pickfords are in a bit of trouble. Might be worth checking out before you let them have all your worldly goods.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Munnsters Down Under is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Heading Home

Hi Kel

So great to hear your views on the situation.

We are so of the same thinking of you guys. My hubby has asked me to tell you that there is money to be made where we are in WA when it comes to tradesmen but if your mind is made up on going home, just like ours well then thats that.

I know what your saying when you say you miss yourself. I so miss myself, in fact I dont know who I am at the moment. Then again I have had such a crap day its not funny. When you get up in the morning to start your day with your kid/kids (teachers strike today) and you find you cant cope and then realise you have absolutely NO_ONE to ring it is devastating!! The 9 hour time difference takes it out of you. Only for the fact 2 of my best friends just so happened to ring me from their work today I would have been a mess. My hubby came home worried about me and took us out for tea so that was nice. I do have 1 good friend here but like us she too is going back to the UK. Ever wonder why we tried it?

You are going back at a good time to buy so thats a plus. Also the education system is fantastic compared to here so thats another. With the help and support from friends and family we both will find ourselves again....

Always remember 'This time will come to pass'

Keep smiling:

J
MDU
Old Feb 28th 2008, 10:54 am
Just Joined

thanks Crystal

wish i had joined this site months ago

J
MDU
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Jandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Munnsters Down Under
thanks Crystal

wish i had joined this site months ago

J
MDU
hiya

Just wanted to say ditto dito ditto ditto.

i am also a cant go out in the heat mother - that made me chuckle.

where abouts in Perth are you at the moment. If you're having a going nuts day - give me a shout - we'll go nuts together!!!

janine
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Hi Janine

We are in Rocking Rockingham!! Port Kennedy The End of the World my friend!!

Where are you?

Jayne
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I know a lot of the Aussie lovers take the p*ss out of us 'Family Missers', but frankly, I don't give a damn. My family mean more to me than sunshine, a big house and the beach any day of the week.
Well put - i'm not even in Oz yet - but i know this is the hardest part for me with the whole emigration process... What's that saying after all - the best things in life aren't things? Good luck to all of you that are on your way home.. Home is always where the heart is....
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I know that area really well.

I have passed on the website to my friend so I hope she gets some help from it.

Are you looking forward to going home?

MDU
I'm looking forward to going home but I'm also worried about starting over again. I really think going back is so much harder than leaving in the first place. When we left 8 years ago we had no house, no kids just a couple of suitcase and no idea what we were doing
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

You'll be fine. Coming home at a good time, house prices down so thats good. Education system is excellent and Shopping is great. You wont recognise Belfast, its the best city ever.

Your kids will love it and there is plenty of work, just a matter of finding it.

Any problems or need any advise when you get home, just call at on Ballygowan.

J
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

When are you guys coming out and where to in Oz?

J
Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi Ruby....glad to read your thread....we have our nephews over on holidays and it is just wonderful to have some family with us....our boys are really close to their cousins..so just seeing them together it good enough reason to head home...they are wonderful boys (22 & 25) from Stalybridge (I know) but have great jobs...lovely partners and really nice homes......so it can be done in "Tameside"!!!!!...it's been great for me as I know that all "youths" are not "crims" in the U.K and that they do have manners, education and are just all round decent people......but seeing them again just makes it better as with all the bad press etc you start to "believe" the U.K is going to the dogs!!! which is just not true......
Family a good one is wonderful....priceless
Hi Brits...you sound like you're having a great time with your nephews being over...isn't it good to have people over who share the same lingo!! I was looking forward to having my mum, dad, sister, her hubby & niece & nephew over at the end of June for 2 weeks, but the've decided against it now because things are just too iffy with my ailing mother in law and my "mood" right now They were going to be here for my 40th but we're going to see if we can go over there for the 2 weeks instead!

Enjoy having your time with the boys! Take care

J x
Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

You'll be fine. Coming home at a good time, house prices down so thats good. Education system is excellent and Shopping is great. You wont recognise Belfast, its the best city ever.

Your kids will love it and there is plenty of work, just a matter of finding it.

Any problems or need any advise when you get home, just call at on Ballygowan.

J
Thank Jayne

we were actually home over Christmas it was great to see how things are improving. My little boy had a great time playing with his cousins and seeing some of the places he's only seen pictures of like Carrickfergus Castle and Belfast City Hall he especially enjoyed driving around the countryside with Granda and seeing sheep in the fields and throwing pebbles into the sea When I think of that I now things will work out.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond repute

-[SNIP]-

The 9 hour time difference takes it out of you. Only for the fact 2 of my best friends just so happened to ring me from their work today I would have been a mess. My hubby came home worried about me and took us out for tea so that was nice. I do have 1 good friend here but like us she too is going back to the UK. Ever wonder why we tried it?
MDU
I really know what you mean with the time difference, with people working and everything, there's really only the Saturday and Sunday mornings for a chat with the folks back in the UK. For me it's a 9 hour time difference in the other direction.

What makes it worse is that I'm not a telephone person. What I mean by that is that in person, I can talk forever, but on the phone it's more of okay how's it going, etc.

Then when you get off the phone and you realise that you have the whole day ahead of you without being able to talk to them it's bad.

My wife and I call 1pm to 7pm the phone dead time. As both England and India are asleep at then even if we wanted to call someone we cant.

I sometimes ask why I moved out to the US and I know why. However, I think that my priorities have changed and that's whats driving my thoughts about going home.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:28 am
Just Joined

lukelizzie will become famous soon enoughlukelizzie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by crystal23
There is a thread on one of the other forums (can't remember if it's Australia or Barbie) saying that Pickfords are in a bit of trouble. Might be worth checking out before you let them have all your worldly goods.
Thanks for that I will have a read. I think the thread is called "Pickords likely to go bust"
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Jandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really nice

Hi Janine

We are in Rocking Rockingham!! Port Kennedy The End of the World my friend!!

Where are you?

Jayne
Hiya, I am in Aubin Grove which i am 97% sure you will never had heard of, but it's next to Atwell and Success right by the freeway north of Baldivis. 20 mins north of Port Kennedy, and 20 mins south of the city. Easy to get everywhere from my house!!!

Janine
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

kelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kel

So great to hear your views on the situation.

We are so of the same thinking of you guys. My hubby has asked me to tell you that there is money to be made where we are in WA when it comes to tradesmen but if your mind is made up on going home, just like ours well then thats that.

I know what your saying when you say you miss yourself. I so miss myself, in fact I dont know who I am at the moment. Then again I have had such a crap day its not funny. When you get up in the morning to start your day with your kid/kids (teachers strike today) and you find you cant cope and then realise you have absolutely NO_ONE to ring it is devastating!! The 9 hour time difference takes it out of you. Only for the fact 2 of my best friends just so happened to ring me from their work today I would have been a mess. My hubby came home worried about me and took us out for tea so that was nice. I do have 1 good friend here but like us she too is going back to the UK. Ever wonder why we tried it?

You are going back at a good time to buy so thats a plus. Also the education system is fantastic compared to here so thats another. With the help and support from friends and family we both will find ourselves again....

Always remember 'This time will come to pass'

Keep smiling:

J
MDU

Bloody oz teachers!!! They get paid better than in the uk and as far as I have experienced they do less work!! I feel like I'm doing half their work when mine get home!! Mine were off school today because of a strike, IMO they shouldn't involve the kids in their wages war......they all knew the pay before they become teachers, why didn't they think of something else to do for work? I was reading the Herald at the weekend that almost 40% of children are at private school, saving the government a fortune, and yet the system is still crap......they don't reinvest what they are saving.

A seriously f***ed country. What with that and the water.......glad I came here to open my Cinderella eyes. Made me realise what side my bread is buttered on.....now I'm going home to eat it. With jam on top!!!

We did consider WA but to be honest we never chose there because of the climate! Just had 35 today, and I know I couldn't cope with that too often!

The way I look at it, it would be like country hopping across Europe looking for work, which we wouldn't do. Been on jobsites in uk and there are so many jobs for my hubby he really is spoilt for choice. Also he has become disheartened to apply for anymore, one can only take so many knockbacks, and for the first time ever has had to experience it. He hasn't even been given interviews. Do you think that Ozzies are finally becoming intolerant of us Poms coming out here? We think that as there is quite high unemployment at the moment, they are looking after their own first. At the end of the day the government may be leading this immigration drive, but it's not them that give the jobs away is it?

Well, I hope you are feeling better as the day has gone on? Some days are soo like that, I've had days where I just don't even want to get out of bed, I know that it isn't really the answer.......{bloody nice though!}

We just had a weekend in Philllip Island as it was our Wedding Anniversary and to be honest couldn't bare another weekend here we have exhausted the local facilites!! We watched world superbikes......great time......nobody told me that it was Mothers Day!!!!!! I wonder why?!!

Keep smiling we will escape soon enough!! When are you planning on leaving?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.