Having a bad time

Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Having a bad time

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Having a really shi**y day today and need to moan. So switch off now if you don't feel like being moaned at. Things have just reached a peak I s'pose. I will enlighten you;

1) Last week the car was broken into on the drive. They didn't take anything, just smashed the lock in. And we supposedly live in a nice area in a safe cul-de-sac

2) Hubby got a new job..yippee...what they didn't tell him was we would be absolutely broke for a month whilst they bugger about with his pay.

3) The iron blew up. Now my ironing pile is about 5ft high. Then again, I s'pose that's a good thing. Can't afford a new iron yet.

4) Things got a bit heated over the weeked with OH and I finally told him we are deffinately going back to the UK. All very tearful and draining but he's agreed it's the best thing for me and he will support me on that.

5) Yesterday I had to have one of our cats put to sleep as he was diagnosed with feline lukemia. Crikey, putting an ill cat to sleep is bad enough, but ordering one to be destroyed that is looking very healthy is heartbreaking. I haven't told the kids the truth. I've told them I found him a new home where he wouldn't be beaten up by my other cat.

6) Then last night, on the way home from school the steering on the car decided to start making really awful grinding noises. It's going to the mechanic tonight. God knows how much that's going to cost.

7) Finally, last but not least, I am so homesick at the moment it's ridiculous. Every minute of every day is spent thinking about home. I can't seem to function without something about home popping into my head.

Mods, please don't put this into the barbi. I couldn't hack any grief from some people in there.

I'm just so sad at the moment.

Ok moan over. You can wake up now.
Hi Tracey..well i don't know what to say except at least you know you can go home now with the approval from Hubby.
Stay strong if you can, i know you can. I know it's easier said than done but if anyone can do it, you can.
Sorry about you cat, if mine was to be put to sleep it would break my heart, so i know how you feel.
Your car must be jinxed!!! you seem to have so much trouble with it don't you.
If you need a lift anywhere if it can't be fixed just hallow, chin up girl...see you Friday eh!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:20 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

You lot are such lovely people. You really are a nice lot aren't you!

OH has just got back from the mechanics and it's the power steering track or something like that. $800 if we go the kosher route via Ford, $300/400 if we go through the mate who works there. Guess which one we'll be doing

Just got to find the dosh now. Wonder if I'd make a profit around the back of Woolies eh?

Just spoken to my friend who works for the vets who put Oscar to sleep. She's so nice. She explained everything...again...to me; why it had to happen, how it happens etc. Still feel sad but I know it was for the best.

Then I go and read The Sun online and it's all doom and gloom about peodophiles over there. Oh what am I doing?

I'm going to bed early with my book. Hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:29 am
Account Closed

You lot are such lovely people. You really are a nice lot aren't you!

OH has just got back from the mechanics and it's the power steering track or something like that. $800 if we go the kosher route via Ford, $300/400 if we go through the mate who works there. Guess which one we'll be doing

Just got to find the dosh now. Wonder if I'd make a profit around the back of Woolies eh?

Just spoken to my friend who works for the vets who put Oscar to sleep. She's so nice. She explained everything...again...to me; why it had to happen, how it happens etc. Still feel sad but I know it was for the best.

Then I go and read The Sun online and it's all doom and gloom about peodophiles over there. Oh what am I doing?

I'm going to bed early with my book. Hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day
Well have a good read and good sleep. Just think about your trip back to UK and how great life is gonna be in a year or so.
Don't read The Sun Tracey, it's full of crap. Always has been.
Things will be OK...
See you Friday
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness that Hubby is with you on this one.
Sounds like you need a night out and start planning your trip back. It will keep you going through the winter. Homesickness can be horrid and it strikes at the worst times. One thing that you must not do though is blame Australia. These things can happen anywhere. Get out there and enjoy the country the most that you can. That way the time will fly and you can never look back and say ' ohh I wish we had gone to .....'
Hugs from the UKxxxx
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:15 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose I just miss my roots and all of the things that make me, well...me.

and that makes you an incredibly strong person tracey .... its not a fault.
no one says you have to follow a certain path in life - our older generations were steeped in traditions and rituals that meant not marrying and buying a house and having kids was frowned upon. we live in the 21st century and you shouldnt have to feel guilty about changing your mind; embrace your family, look forward to settling back in the uk, and be kind to yourself along the way.
99% of people dont have the strength of character to go out and try ... you have done, but you also have the strength to shrug it off as an adventure, put it down to experience and get on with your life.
<<<hugs>>> to you,
sue x
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:19 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

dont beleive everything you read in the scum! try reading the times or the guradian or womething else online.

fwiw - i live on what david blunkett once described as one of the most underprivelidged, crime ridden estates in the uk - and you know what? its not that bad. we have problems with petty crime, but from talking to people who live on some of the more posher estates in sheffield i have it easy
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:13 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

One thing that you must not do though is blame Australia
Disagree a little. There's no 'must or must not' when apportioning blame. If it helps her move on with a better attitude, then blame Australia, if it doesn't then don't. It doesn't matter, all that matters is moving on positively. For some people having something to blame makes them stronger when they go in another direction, for others it's a cop out and they end up blaming everything on something else.

I don't blame Australia for all the crap that's happened to me here, but I will forever associate Australia with being the place it did happen. It's easy to say 'well it could happen anywhere' (and that's true) but it didn't happen anywhere, it happened here. And sometimes drawing a thick line in the sand between here and (wherever you go) makes its much easier.

Of course it's not a tactic that can be used over and over otherwise one will never be happy. We all have ways of coping with crisis and rarely are they 100% right or wrong for everybody.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:04 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

quote: I don't blame Australia for all the crap that's happened to me here, but I will forever associate Australia with being the place it did happen. It's easy to say 'well it could happen anywhere' (and that's true) but it didn't happen anywhere, it happened here. And sometimes drawing a thick line in the sand between here and (wherever you go) makes its much easier.

have to agree here, i personally IMO agree. It helps me to have a scapegoat.

tracey chuck, what can we say, we all feel similar at times, i hope today brings a little lighter mood for you. So sorry bout your cat, its one of the most tragic things you can do, we had to put our dog to sleep a year ago last week and it broke all of our hearts......your cat with always be with you and have a special place in your heart.
Chin up mate
xx
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:22 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey
I know we haven't always had the same views about things but I can hand on heart say that I am sorry you are feeling this way. It is all consuming feeling of despair that overwhelms you.

Focus on your lunch on Friday, getting together having a laugh with like minded ladies will hopefully lighten your mood a little.

Lotsa Luv
Carole x

PS, I have a spare iron I don't want if you want it. Its a Tefal I brought from England, you are more than welcome to it if it will help.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:53 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I hope that today's a bit better for you, Tracey.

Lots of feel better soon thoughts winging their way to you from the east coast.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

I also have a spare iron here, just needs an ozzie plug I get Graham to change it for you and can pop it over later if you like?
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
I also have a spare iron here, just needs an ozzie plug I get Graham to change it for you and can pop it over later if you like?
I blame Australia for every c****y thing that's happened to me in the last fifteen years (and boy, is there a lot). Some of it most definitely IS the country's fault, some of it probably isn't - but it's fun to blame the bloody hovel, anyway.

Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:52 pm

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Having a really shi**y day today and need to moan. So switch off now if you don't feel like being moaned at. Things have just reached a peak I s'pose. I will enlighten you;

1) Last week the car was broken into on the drive. They didn't take anything, just smashed the lock in. And we supposedly live in a nice area in a safe cul-de-sac

2) Hubby got a new job..yippee...what they didn't tell him was we would be absolutely broke for a month whilst they bugger about with his pay.

3) The iron blew up. Now my ironing pile is about 5ft high. Then again, I s'pose that's a good thing. Can't afford a new iron yet.

4) Things got a bit heated over the weeked with OH and I finally told him we are deffinately going back to the UK. All very tearful and draining but he's agreed it's the best thing for me and he will support me on that.

5) Yesterday I had to have one of our cats put to sleep as he was diagnosed with feline lukemia. Crikey, putting an ill cat to sleep is bad enough, but ordering one to be destroyed that is looking very healthy is heartbreaking. I haven't told the kids the truth. I've told them I found him a new home where he wouldn't be beaten up by my other cat.

6) Then last night, on the way home from school the steering on the car decided to start making really awful grinding noises. It's going to the mechanic tonight. God knows how much that's going to cost.

7) Finally, last but not least, I am so homesick at the moment it's ridiculous. Every minute of every day is spent thinking about home. I can't seem to function without something about home popping into my head.

Mods, please don't put this into the barbi. I couldn't hack any grief from some people in there.

I'm just so sad at the moment.

Ok moan over. You can wake up now.
I hope things get better for you - I know how you feel! At least you have got other like-minded people around you in Perth - I have got next to nobody in Melbourne!!!!!

If it makes you feel any better - we have just spent $16K on a car that broke down a week after we got it, and the garage said they didn't know what was wrong with it! So that's might be that down the drain!!!!

Still - it's only money!!!!

Last edited by MrsB; Feb 13th 2007 at 11:16 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by THEGREATIDIOT
I blame Australia for every c****y thing that's happened to me in the last fifteen years (and boy, is there a lot). Some of it most definitely IS the country's fault, some of it probably isn't - but it's fun to blame the bloody hovel, anyway.

Oh you do make me laugh though..."bloody hovel"
Old Feb 14th 2007, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey really big hugs to you.Know how you feel and probably all of us have days like this.
Don't be too hard on yourself after all it is Valentines today so grab a nice meal at home and open a bottle or two.
Do remember you are not alone.Take Care Dreamaway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.