Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Has anyone gone with Wridgeways removalists?

Has anyone gone with Wridgeways removalists?

Old Mar 25th 2010, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone gone with Wridgeways removalists?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
We had them after John Mason got our stuff from the UK to Brisbane. They brought the stuff down to us. We thought they were excellent, guys really nice and helpful. Don't know if they do the other end, I guess they could pass the container on to JM.

Anyway it was a thumbs up from us.
woops...missed that one....thank you....now I can sleep easy..lol...we are going with Chess....they were a lot cheaper....and now we are going "shared" container as it will take longer and we have sold and given away more things than we had planned too.......Wing...what are you doing about insurance?....a lovely lady from expats (you know who you are T if you are reading this....)has given me the name of an insurance company called www.Lettonpercival.co.uk they charge only 1%....just a thought....good luck..
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brits1
Yes it certainly was...cars in our area were stranded as the roads flooded..mind you it floods where we live in the winter rains anyway..lol...lots of tree damage around the parks and friends are having problems trying to get insurance to "sort out their cars".....our electricity and phone lines were off for over 24 hrs, water came in throught the back part of our home, water was cming up from the drains......still we were not hurt and thats the main thing....we should be use to the rain though...every year we get buckets full of the stuff in winter....and every year..we just never seem to cope in some areas though....
Sorry to the OP for going off topic...

Brits, I was told today that if you go to the Synergy website you can claim a payment for your power being off for over 12 hours. Haven't had time yet, will do it when I've had a nosy on here lol. We were off until 3pm the following day.

http://www.westernpower.com.au/mainC...entScheme.html

a lovely lady from expats (you know who you are T if you are reading this....)

Last edited by stm1971; Mar 25th 2010 at 2:26 am. Reason: Added link
Old Mar 25th 2010, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

wingandapray is an unknown quantity at this point

woops...missed that one....thank you....now I can sleep easy..lol...we are going with Chess....they were a lot cheaper....and now we are going "shared" container as it will take longer and we have sold and given away more things than we had planned too.......Wing...what are you doing about insurance?....a lovely lady from expats (you know who you are T if you are reading this....)has given me the name of an insurance company called www.Lettonpercival.co.uk they charge only 1%....just a thought....good luck..
Yes good choice-I think I will look at that-we have two amounts of stuff (long story)-one on Russell Island-deal with that later-we have our own container there-would it be worth taking it?
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stm1971

Brits, I was told today that if you go to the Synergy website you can claim a payment for your power being off for over 12 hours. Haven't had time yet, will do it when I've had a nosy on here lol. We were off until 3pm the following day.

Thanks...will do that asap....we had just stocked up with meat etc with my OH being home at the time we went shopping together...which is a nice change for us...lol...on the Friday....typical....the ice cream was like milk shake by Tuesday pm.....lol
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stm1971

Hi T.

Just filled in the form online...takes about 2 mins really easy if you have your synergy bill on hand....thanks for that....
Old Mar 27th 2010, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Kathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to all

We used John Mason from UK to WA, then Wridgways took over on the Oz side. That was back in 2003 and they were very good. We moved back to the UK in 2008 and used Wridgways again for the Oz side and Fox on the UK side. Again Wridgways were very efficient, we did lose a couple of very small items, but that could have happened at UK end. We only had one glass broken on the way out there as well. We had issues with John Mason, but not Wridgways. I would recommend them.

Kathryn
Old Mar 27th 2010, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

wingandapray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kathryn V
We used John Mason from UK to WA, then Wridgways took over on the Oz side. That was back in 2003 and they were very good. We moved back to the UK in 2008 and used Wridgways again for the Oz side and Fox on the UK side. Again Wridgways were very efficient, we did lose a couple of very small items, but that could have happened at UK end. We only had one glass broken on the way out there as well. We had issues with John Mason, but not Wridgways. I would recommend them.

Kathryn
Thanks Kathryn-r u happy back in Huddersfield-Perth has been incredibly hot and then a storm!
Old Mar 29th 2010, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Kathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wingandapray
Thanks Kathryn-r u happy back in Huddersfield-Perth has been incredibly hot and then a storm!
Hi

Well, just lets say we are getting there, after being back for 2 years. We expected to settle straight away, after planning our return over 16 months, but its wasn't the case. Unfortunately we arrived here just about the same time as the 'down turn' hit the UK.

We have also been living with the 'curse of the expat.' I still miss Perth, particularly my job there. I can't explain it, other than a times I have a feeling of grief for the place and what I have 'lost.'

Good luck with your return. Hope it all works out for you.