Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Has anyone gone with Wridgeways removalists?

Has anyone gone with Wridgeways removalists?

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

wingandapray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone gone with Wridgeways removalists?

As stated I am getting quotes for our effects-This company seems the most reasonable as Pickfords seem quite expensive-Can anyone shed some light on Wridgeways?
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone gone with Wridgeways removalists?

Originally Posted by wingandapray
As stated I am getting quotes for our effects-This company seems the most reasonable as Pickfords seem quite expensive-Can anyone shed some light on Wridgeways?
Which country are you moving to...from?
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brits1
Which country are you moving to...from?
Australia
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:33 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Australia
TO Australia FROM England I am using Doree Bonners, I only have about 100 cubic feet, but I have found them to be a very professional outfit. They use Grace Removals at the Ozzie side.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beedubya
TO Australia FROM England I am using Doree Bonners, I only have about 100 cubic feet, but I have found them to be a very professional outfit. They use Grace Removals at the Ozzie side.
Grace is abit expensive-I think Wridgeways have quite good reviews well no worse than anyone else-we have gon ewith Allied Pickfords before but their prices have been going up.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:28 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

So that's what George Michael's old mucker is up to.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Grace is abit expensive-I think Wridgeways have quite good reviews well no worse than anyone else-we have gon ewith Allied Pickfords before but their prices have been going up.
Sorry are you moving to Aus? I know I asked that question before but I did put "to.... from" and you put Australia....coming out we used Robinsons and Grace at the Aus end...all very good but we had a shared container and migrating then was very slow so the shipping took months to arrive.....going to the UK we are using Chess.....good luck either way....going to dye my hair blonde now...lol..
Old Mar 25th 2010, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Sorry are you moving to Aus? I know I asked that question before but I did put "to.... from" and you put Australia....coming out we used Robinsons and Grace at the Aus end...all very good but we had a shared container and migrating then was very slow so the shipping took months to arrive.....going to the UK we are using Chess.....good luck either way....going to dye my hair blonde now...lol..
Moving to UK-Chess has come in second with the quotes but Wridgeway has beaten it by $400-$500-every dollar helps!!
I see u on the other side!! I am so stressed at the moment -too much to do! and now my canal boat has sunk....
Old Mar 25th 2010, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Was the storm as bad as they were saying?
Old Mar 25th 2010, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Was the storm as bad as they were saying?
Yes it certainly was...cars in our area were stranded as the roads flooded..mind you it floods where we live in the winter rains anyway..lol...lots of tree damage around the parks and friends are having problems trying to get insurance to "sort out their cars".....our electricity and phone lines were off for over 24 hrs, water came in throught the back part of our home, water was cming up from the drains......still we were not hurt and thats the main thing....we should be use to the rain though...every year we get buckets full of the stuff in winter....and every year..we just never seem to cope in some areas though....
Old Mar 25th 2010, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Yes it certainly was...cars in our area were stranded as the roads flooded..mind you it floods where we live in the winter rains anyway..lol...lots of tree damage around the parks and friends are having problems trying to get insurance to "sort out their cars".....our electricity and phone lines were off for over 24 hrs, water came in throught the back part of our home, water was cming up from the drains......still we were not hurt and thats the main thing....we should be use to the rain though...every year we get buckets full of the stuff in winter....and every year..we just never seem to cope in some areas though....
I thought this was the "big dry"?? Maybe they should rename it to "the big farce" Maybe just don't name at all!!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 11:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We had them after John Mason got our stuff from the UK to Brisbane. They brought the stuff down to us. We thought they were excellent, guys really nice and helpful. Don't know if they do the other end, I guess they could pass the container on to JM.

Anyway it was a thumbs up from us.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

I thought this was the "big dry"?? Maybe they should rename it to "the big farce" Maybe just don't name at all!!
It was the VERY big dry...lol....and it was my watering day so saved money on our water bill although next door but one still watered their lawn our dog is having a field day...she's never had so many sticks....er...logs to choose from on her walks....although it is now very humid....
Old Mar 25th 2010, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

ooorrr put me out of my misery...which way are you going...Aus to the UK or Uk to Aus?....I did have Wridgeways on my list of Shipping Companies but went top,middle and bottom on my list (my choice out of 3)...Wridgeways were 3/4 down....lol...sorry....
Old Mar 25th 2010, 12:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

ooorrr put me out of my misery...which way are you going...Aus to the UK or Uk to Aus?....I did have Wridgeways on my list of Shipping Companies but went top,middle and bottom on my list (my choice out of 3)...Wridgeways were 3/4 down....lol...sorry....
Post 8, Line 1, words 1-3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.